Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

watched something on the beeb last night for the first time in ages - Tokyo Vice, about a young american journ who gets a crime reporters job with the biggest paper in Tokyo, started off well

Just going by that post I'm getting a white saviour vibe?

So I started watching spooks on the on demand on sky the other week. Heard such good things about it but could never find somewhere to watch until now. It is very good so far, you can tell the first series was low budget though, but it really got in to it's stride in series two, especially from the half way point onwards. I'm half way through series three right now.

My one criticism so far is the editing of it, clearly to fit in to the time slot back then on bbc. It ruins alot of the scenes, where they just get cut off rather abruptly, it ruins the flow big time. They should've just made it a 65 or 70 minute episode each time instead of the 59 minutes.

Started watching 11.22.63 on Prime last night.

Pretty decent. I've read the book a few times but never got around to watching this. There are some changes but nothing major.

Started watching 11.22.63 on Prime last night.

Pretty decent. I've read the book a few times but never got around to watching this. There are some changes but nothing major.

Yeah it does the book justice for the most part. Couple of odd changes towards the end I think though.

Last edited:
Anyone watched The Peripheral on Amazon Prime yet? From the trailer it looked interested, very much westworld vibes.

After some easy watches for baby feeds with episodes ideally 30 minutes or less. Doesn't need to be comedy necessarily, I flew through The Bear and Mr Inbetween due to the short episode length. Longer could work if its not something you need to pay lots of attention to, like Taskmaster.

Seen the obvious shouts like Office, Peep Show, Parks n Rec etc.

Any recommendations?

After some easy watches for baby feeds with episodes ideally 30 minutes or less. Doesn't need to be comedy necessarily, I flew through The Bear and Mr Inbetween due to the short episode length. Longer could work if its not something you need to pay lots of attention to, like Taskmaster.

Any recommendations?
If you like the bolded, you'll enjoy Abbott Elementary.

The Devil’s Hour - dear christ, what a slog watching that was. Sloth like pace with no redeeming value at the end of it. Wanted it to be enjoyable, but it was just awful.

Upright was brilliant.

Upright 2 was great but not as good until the final episode, which was very emotional and brought the story together again. Loved it.

Just finished Season 1 in a couple of days. Kept seeing adverts for Season 2 on Sky, recognised the young woman but couldn't remember where from so checked IMDB; doesn't say much for my memory as she was in House of the Dragon. Decided to give it a try based on the favourable score on IMDB and your comments on here.

Reminds me a bit of Mystery Road in terms of the scenery and the Mexican road movie Y Tu Mama Tambien for the seriousness of the issues in the background driving events.

Just finished Season 1 in a couple of days. Kept seeing adverts for Season 2 on Sky, recognised the young woman but couldn't remember where from so checked IMDB; doesn't say much for my memory as she was in House of the Dragon. Decided to give it a try based on the favourable score on IMDB and your comments on here.

Milly Alcock

rheanerya-1661962620.jpg
02_18_Upright_S01.jpg

Reminds me a bit of Mystery Road in terms of the scenery and the Mexican road movie Y Tu Mama Tambien for the seriousness of the issues in the background driving events.

Both were largely filmed in southern inland WA and SA so the scenery will be very similar.

Willow is everything you think it is going to be. The original was pure 80's cheese, but in a vaguely charming way. Watch this TV show if you want to consider a 5/10 movie a masterpiece.

Next up will be some shitty Remake of The Princess Bride, at that point we riot.

Anyone watched The Peripheral on Amazon Prime yet? From the trailer it looked interested, very much westworld vibes.

Best Sci-fi I've watched in a while.

Tulsa king is also very good.

Best Sci-fi I've watched in a while.

Tulsa king is also very good.

Thanks, I'll give it a go. Currently watching Tulsa king and really enjoying it, its a shame there are only 4 episodes :(

Thought The Peripheral was boring as hell.

I borrowed Shawshank Redemption (VHS) to a school colleague, he gave it back saying its the worst film he's ever watched.

Its about what your into I suppose. I like Sci-fi personally. I've not seen a good one since fringe IMO.

Is Handmaid's Tale worth it? 5 seasons. But is it good for 5 seasons or like Westworld, where it's good for 1 season?
Bit late. it’s a great show. Moss is brilliant in it. But it’s a slow burn type of show. Each season gets better then the last. 1 last season coming and that’s the end.

Any recommendations?
Friday Night Dinner?

Any recommendations?
Assume you've probably seen The Detectorists?

It's not revolutionary but I'm enjoying Der Pass (Pagan's Peak) on Now TV. There's genuinely creepy moments, with a hint of True Detective series 1, without massively relying on gore and shock value. Although she's flawed, it's quite refreshing to see a cheery, fairly innocent lead detective. Her makeshift partner is more in the cliched tortured soul cop vein but has enough humour to make up for it. I was getting a bit fed up of the dour, charmless and damaged detective trope on TV shows.

It's not revolutionary but I'm enjoying Der Pass (Pagan's Peak) on Now TV. There's genuinely creepy moments, with a hint of True Detective series 1, without massively relying on gore and shock value. Although she's flawed, it's quite refreshing to see a cheery, fairly innocent lead detective. Her makeshift partner is more in the cliched tortured soul cop vein but has enough humour to make up for it. I was getting a bit fed up of the dour, charmless and damaged detective trope on TV shows.

I liked it too. Watched it on Sky Atlantic. Also seen season 2. Apparently season 3 due out in 2023. The main actor is in The Ibiza Affair (a dramatisation of an Austrian political scandal), which I really liked.

Der Pass is one of the many adaptations of The Bridge - 2 detectives from neighbouring countries (Sweden/Denmark in the original) forced to work together because the crime scene is right on the border.

My Dead Body was pretty interesting on Channel 4 last night.

It's the documentation of the dissection of a young woman who died from a rare form of cancer. She donated her body to science so it could be used to teach students.

Not for the squeamish since they're literally taking out her brain and stuff but very interesting.