Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

I don't know what to watch yet. In the last year I've watched;
Entourage
Mad Men
Friday Night Lights
Breaking Bad
Revolution - ongoing
The Sopranos
The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
I have to pick another few shows to add to my bucket as once I start watching I'll go through 3-4 episodes a night.
My current bucketlist is;
The West Wing
The Wire
bucket stuff

Check out Justified and Deadwood if you haven't already.

Dexter is easily a tier above the likes of Sons of Anarchy and what not. It's not at the heights of Sopranos, Wire, Breaking Bad, Twin Peaks - but not much else is ahead of it.

People who haven't watched it should definitely try it even if some people in here don't rate it as highly as other shows.

It might not be as critically acclaimed as Sopranos, but on IMDB it's rating is a 9.0 from 200,000+ votes - Sopranos is at 9.1 but from only 90,000 votes.
Sopranos is the greatest show I've seen, but Dexter is my favourite. For pure enjoyment I love it.

Great show. Watch it!

Dexter is probably on the same level of Sons of Anarchy....it's stupidity and endless plotholes(obviously both needed to make it work) just get unbearable after a while, it's a gimmick show, a good fun gimmick mind you, but they all get stale after time. It's there with 24.......but yeah, theres absolutely loads of shows between that and the likes of the Sopranos.

Probably on the same level as 24 and LOST, two other gimmick shows.

Dexter's miles better than 24. Those first four seasons make for thoroughly enjoyable television so long as you take the show for what it is and don't expect the sophistication of The Sopranos, Deadwood, etc.

try "Ray Donavan" A new show on Showtime Premier is sun night US
Liev Schrieber and Jon Voight as a Boston gangster family relocated to hollywood. I managed to see pilot quite good

The Shield.

Just reached season 4, seems to be improving with every season too.

Season 4 might be my favorite out of all of them.

Entourage
Mad Men
Friday Night Lights
Breaking Bad
Revolution - ongoing
The Sopranos
The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
I have to pick another few shows to add to my bucket as once I start watching I'll go through 3-4 episodes a night.
The West Wing
The Wire

bucket stuff

If you're done with cop shows, I'd recommend finally diving into The Wire if you understand what you're getting into.

Season 4 might be my favorite out of all of them.

If you're done with cop shows, I'd recommend finally diving into The Wire if you understand what you're getting into.

It is the most likely now. Big committal but I think I'm up for it.

There's a tiny thread on it but I'm already enjoying Les Revenants on c4.

French gombie (ghost/zombie) drama with a fantastic Mogwai score.

First 3 episodes will be on 4od already if you want to catch up. It's on every Sunday evening and it's already been out in France so a dl is available for the impatient.

There's a tiny thread on it but I'm already enjoying Les Revenants on c4.

French gombie (ghost/zombie) drama with a fantastic Mogwai score.

First 3 episodes will be on 4od already if you want to catch up. It's on every Sunday evening and it's already been out in France so a dl is available for the impatient.

Call it The Returned like everyone else you pompous ass.

(but if it's on 4OD then I will watch it!)

Dexter is probably on the same level of Sons of Anarchy....it's stupidity and endless plotholes(obviously both needed to make it work) just get unbearable after a while, it's a gimmick show, a good fun gimmick mind you, but they all get stale after time. It's there with 24.......but yeah, theres absolutely loads of shows between that and the likes of the Sopranos.

Probably on the same level as 24 and LOST, two other gimmick shows.
Dexters way better than Sons...Despite stupid situations, Dexter keeps you hooked whereas SOA makes you frustrated. I doubt I will bother much with next season unless they do something special and there are atleast 2 more seasons of it.

Aye, a lot of praise for that show, but I've not really ever enjoyed an Irish drama that I can remember. Batchelors Walk was ok for a few episodes but soon became tedious.

I wonder how much of it is on the RTE player. Must check.

feck all at this stage probably. They only keep stuff for a limited time.

Yeah. Its a pile of shit compared to any of the UK channels players. Never had The Premiership and was pretty laggy. Their live service is worse than shite for any live sports. I normally give up and watch an illegal stream with a much better quality.

Started watching Fringe this week, quite enjoying it. The nutter professor just making random inappropriate comments every now and then makes me laugh.

Entourage
Mad Men
Friday Night Lights
Breaking Bad
Revolution - ongoing
The Sopranos
The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
The West Wing
The Wire

bucket stuff

Watch Deadwood. Going by that list, it will fit right in with your interests.

Started watching Fringe this week, quite enjoying it. The nutter professor just making random inappropriate comments every now and then makes me laugh.

I really liked the first few seasons of Fringe, despite the general hate for it on here. I haven't finished whatever the latest season on TV was (5 maybe?), it seemed to have dipped a bit in the last couple of seasons, but I'll definitely finish it at some stage.

John Noble really steals the show IMO, he has some great scenes and plays the part to a tee.

I really liked the first few seasons of Fringe, despite the general hate for it on here. I haven't finished whatever the latest season on TV was (5 maybe?), it seemed to have dipped a bit in the last couple of seasons, but I'll definitely finish it at some stage.

John Noble really steals the show IMO, he has some great scenes and plays the part to a tee.

I am a fan of Fringe, though there are two places it could have stopped, end of series 3 and end of series 4. In fact after watching series 5 I wish they had stopped at Series 4. Saying that, I was happy to watch series 5 and enjoyed it, but it was different in format. It was supposed to tie up lots of loose ends but it didn't really.

What's this new Netflix show that's being advertised everywhere like? Orange is the New Black is the name.

Boardwalk Empire is excellent. Well worth a watch IMO

If you took that crap acting wench Kelly McDonald (Mrs fecking Schroeder) out of the show - i'd agree with ya. I stopped watchin it after the first couple of episodes of the second season. That crap Irish accent does my head in. Will probably get back into at some stage though & just fast forward any scene that wench is in!

If you took that crap acting wench Kelly McDonald (Mrs fecking Schroeder) out of the show - i'd agree with ya. I stopped watchin it after the first couple of episodes of the second season. That crap Irish accent does my head in. Will probably get back into at some stage though & just fast forward any scene that wench is in!

The accent isn't that bad although a shame they didn't cast someone with an actual Irish accent. Hollywood probably can't tell the difference between Irish and Scottish. And her acting is fine if you can get past the accent. Of course it could have been worse and they could have cast a yank with a comedy Irish accent.

The accent isn't that bad although a shame they didn't cast someone with an actual Irish accent. Hollywood probably can't tell the difference between Irish and Scottish. And her acting is fine if you can get past the accent. Of course it could have been worse and they could have cast a yank with a comedy Irish accent.

Yanks probably wouldnt notice the accent alright, so she fits the part for them. But for me, I absolutely hate her accent man & add to it, her character is a bittuva bitch - desperate to climb the social ladder etc, so she just does my head in :boring:

The high-society element to it is pretty annoyin aswell, all that political dick sucking / measuring, gets in the way of the gritty elements i love about the show (1st season). I know thats all part of the parcel though & that i'm being nit-picky, but i struggle / cringe through large parts of it to be honest.

Also, that cringey dude who just breaks into song every now & again, or starts shiting a poem or Limerick, needs a lengthy boot in the mush with a steel-toe cap boot & told to shut the feck up too :)

Other than that - its grand, but for me - its no-where near deserving the hype its been credited with, "best tv show ever" in many circles. Not even close! :wenger::wenger:

You should keep watching. Without spoiling it for you it gets better. The end of series 2 and series 3 have lots of grit.

Not quite at the level of The Wire or Breaking Bad but I have enjoyed it. The production values are fantastic.

Rake, an Aussie legal comedy drama is also well worth a watch. Two series so far with a third later this year. If you don't take it too seriously is is a great deal of fun. And Jane Campion's Top Of The Lake is really excellent if a tad depressing.

Just watched the show Rectify I really enjoyed it. It's only 6 episodes long and has been renewed for a second season. Decent little drama.

You should keep watching. Without spoiling it for you it gets better. The end of series 2 and series 3 have lots of grit.

Not quite at the level of The Wire or Breaking Bad but I have enjoyed it. The production values are fantastic.

Thanks man, will do. It was only a matter of time before i was gonna get stuck in again. Probably start at the beginning to be honest!

Rake, an Aussie legal comedy drama is also well worth a watch. Two series so far with a third later this year. If you don't take it too seriously is is a great deal of fun. And Jane Campion's Top Of The Lake is really excellent if a tad depressing.

I havent been a fan of legal drama's (light-hearted or full-on seriousness) but i love "Suits", so i'll look into that "Rake" recommendation.

I've watched a shedload of tv shows these past few years & have found my tastes are quite varied now, in the sense that i can switch from one type to another & still whole-heartedly have an equal enjoyment level. In the past i wouldnt even have given some of these shows a look-in. I guess alot of that comes with not going out as much as i did when i was younger & not sharing a house with 4 or 5 other blokes that just want to watch Bloke Tv all the time..

Just watched the show Rectify I really enjoyed it. It's only 6 episodes long and has been renewed for a second season. Decent little drama.

I take it those were one hour shows man?

If so, "Mad Dogs" was similiar, but with only 4 episodes per series, of which there were 3 series' in total, with another to follow probably in winter. They packed quite a bit into those episodes though, so you didnt really feel annoyed there weren't more. Class show anyway - check it out if you havent already man!

Just started house of cards - think it's great. Bit like a modern West Wing.

Not surprised The Wire is getting such good reviews. One of my favourite shows. When I first watched it I thought what a shithole Baltimore is. Turns out I was right, I drive past Wire scenes everyday on my commute into Baltimore.

Anyone watching VEEP? Not sure what to make of it yet.

Going to try 'Orange Is The New Black' next. It's getting decent reviews, anybody watched this yet?

Going to try 'Orange Is The New Black' next. It's getting decent reviews, anybody watched this yet?

I started watching this yesterday. I'm only a few episodes into the series, but it's certainly caught my attention so far. It doesnt hurt with plenty of lesbians and tits early on though.