Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Breaking Bad is one of the best. Not really comparable to a lot in terms of storyline but the acting and plot are up there.

Watch S1 and then you'll be hooked!

Everybody raves about the show saying it is the best show today and not many critics writing articles about it disagree.

Probably been asked numerous times already, but, what's your take on Breaking Bad? Definitely worth watching? Any show that it is similar to?

It's unlike any other show. It's very unique and definitely worth watching. One of my favourite shows ever. So sad it's coming to an end :(

Can't get into the wire at all. It's just dull, and nobody is likeable.

Trust me dude stick with it. It took me like 3 attempts to finally get into it but once I did, I got really hooked. I wasnt too keen on season 2 but season 3 & 4 are some of the best things I have ever seen on TV. I liked the m so much that I can't bring myself to watch the final series as I dont want it to end... saving it for a REALLY rainy day...

I dont think the characters are supposed to be that likeable as it is trying to depict reality with regards to the "ghetto" so to speak. But as you watch it more, you will start to like certain characters...

So to get to a decent part I have to watch about 20 hours of tv?

No, Season 1 is good but it just takes time to get into due to the sheer amount of characters and trying to remember who is who. A lot of people like season 2, I just personally found it to be my least favourite one. It really is a good show.

I bashed it for years because I just couldnt get into it then when I moved house, I had no Internet for a month and borrowed the DVD Collection from a friend and got completely hooked once I gave it a proper chance. You really should give it a little longer...

I put off watching The Wire for so long purely because if it turned out to be as good as everyone said, it would almost ruin anything else I ever watch... I finally started it two nights ago. Almost everybody says they can't get into it at the beginning but I didn't get that at all, it took just one episode for me to like it. Just finished episode six there now.

Sally that's pretty much the same with me, I'm saving the wire until I've watched all others first.

No, Season 1 is good but it just takes time to get into due to the sheer amount of characters and trying to remember who is who. A lot of people like season 2, I just personally found it to be my least favourite one. It really is a good show.

I bashed it for years because I just couldnt get into it then when I moved house, I had no Internet for a month and borrowed the DVD Collection from a friend and got completely hooked once I gave it a proper chance. You really should give it a little longer...

I was the same with The Office back in the day. I moved house and had no Sky for ages so any DVD's got watched. Ended up loving it.

(would probably hate it again now though given how many of the actors have turned into complete twats)

Its funny how Season 2 of The Wire is underated by everyone initially (me included)

Having watched it properly again its by far one of my favourites.

The first time I watched the series whenever someone brought up season two I always said it was the worst one and it seemed really awful compared to the others until about six months after, when I re-watched the series again and realised I had no idea what I was talking about.

The only reason I think people may find it hard to get into the series could be due to the amount of police jargon used straight from the off.

The first two times I tried the first series I found the same but I've watched the who.e first series over 3 days and I loved it. You need to be in the mood and able to watch without interruption or you miss the subtleties of the characters and the social comment.

I haven't even finished Season 1 yet but it's quality so far. I loved the chess scene from the third episode.

I was like that for the first 4-5 episodes (started watching it 1-2 weeks ago) but now im starting season 3 and I love it. It's not the fastest show, you wont get mass shootouts and action scenes every episode but I really like it the characters, I love how they make the 'bad guys' just as interesting as the cops who are chasing them.

I wanted to watch that before, how is the guy from misfits in this?

Was going to watch deadwood after Spartacus, I might put that on hold and get onto this.

Anyone seen Hemlock Grove? It looks ok but have been told its too slow... can anyone recommend this? I need to find something so I can stop thinking about Spartacus!

Was reading the David Goyer (he wrote the batman trilogy and man of steel) ama on Reddit. He was asked about TV shows that he liked. He likes Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Justified, Sherlock, Luther, The Wire and Utopia. Now all of them are mentioned quite a bit here besides Utopia. Anyone seen it and care to give their opinion?

Into season 3 of the wire. Season 2 was great if not quite up to the quality of season 1.

Its funny how Season 2 of The Wire is underated by everyone initially (me included)

Having watched it properly again its by far one of my favourites.

I think it's because it's such a change from Season 1, with so many new characters introduced and such a different feel.

I agree about it being one of the best.

Into season 3 of the wire. Season 2 was great if not quite up to the quality of season 1.

You take that back Wibble....

ep22_ziggy_duck_bar.jpg

Yeah, I did appreciate season two a lot more second time around. The first time I saw it, it was difficult to adjust to this entirely new plot that pretty much takes over the show and leaves the B&B stuff as sideplots.

Loved Season 2 first time round. Thought it was just as good as the first and better than the third.