Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Happy Endings and Vice on Friday nights. That's about it

Banshee is pretty good. Lots of extreme violence and boobage. Not a direct answer to your question but it might be something that's slipped under a few peoples radars.

Maybe that new Starz Da Vinchi thing will be good?

I don't want to jump on to Da Vinchi until next year when I know whether or not there will be a second season. I've been burned by that too many times.

Any second opinions on Happy Endings, Vice on Friday and Banshee?

Happy Endings is very good yeah, takes a while to get going though.

I'm disappointed you need a second opinion on Banshee, I have great taste in TV.

Just started The Wire!

Anyone able to give their opinion on which seasons are best?

I don't want to jump on to Da Vinchi until next year when I know whether or not there will be a second season. I've been burned by that too many times.

Any second opinions on Happy Endings, Vice on Friday and Banshee?

I thought Happy endings was a terrible girly comedy that I'd feel embrassed about being caught watching never mind recommend it to people, never seen vice but Banshee is well better than Justified if that helps.

Just started The Wire!

The general consensus is that 3 and 4 are the best, 1 is great but not quite at that standard, 5 is good but a shadow of the other seasons. 2 is one people either really love or dislike (well, by dislike I mean don't quite love as much as 1, 3 and 4- it's usually still considered better than 5).

That's enough to make me start watching.

Just finished The Walking Dead. Dunno what some of you are talking about it getting boring. I thought the last few episodes were great.

Looking forward to the new series.

TWD is utter turd. I didn't even bother finishing season 3, didn't watch the last 3 episodes. It genuinely makes me angry thinking about it.

Banshee is really good though and the complete opposite to TWD as it has a plot that actually goes somewhere, interesting characters and lots of tits/sex.

Well you've peaked my interest in Banshee. Gonna wait until season 2 in 2014 though.

I thought Happy endings was a terrible girly comedy that I'd feel embrassed about being caught watching never mind recommend it to people, never seen vice but Banshee is well better than Justified if that helps.

Agreed on Happy Endings. It's just a bunch of stupidly attractive people doing annoying stuff. Elisha Cuthbert even managed to make it seem like a challenge playing the brainless blonde. The fact one of the show's catchphrases is "ah-mah-zing" is enough to tell you it's a women's show.

Well you've peaked my interest in Banshee. Gonna wait until season 2 in 2014 though.

I watched the first two episodes last night. I have to concur with that splitter cnut Philip. Good show so far and some very hot ladies!! :drool:

Just started The Wire!

Every time I think about it I change my mind, seasons 2 and 4 are particularly great for me but 1 and 3 are pretty much as good. 5 was the only one off the level, but even that was still very good.

That's enough to make me start watching.

Just finished The Walking Dead. Dunno what some of you are talking about it getting boring. I thought the last few episodes were great.

Looking forward to the new series.

I think you are the only one Irwin to praise TWD all through the three seasons it has aired. I am quite surprised actually.

Banshee is really good! Had never heard of it before reading about it somewhere here on the Caf and it's really good stuff. Has it been renewed for a 2nd season? Oh and House of Cards is brilliant stuff too for those who haven't seen it yet.

Yeah the caftards' suggestions are always good. I started watching Justified after a few of them suggested it. Into season 3 of that and still like it. Have to start The Wire, The Shield and Banshee after this. Finished season 1 of Homeland as well and for some reason it doesnt interest me the same way as the other shows I like. Plus I heard season 2 isnt good. So will put that off to see how season 3 goes and then get back to the show.

Started The Wire and im on the 6th episode of season 1. It's a good show but it's really slow at the moment. Maybe the hour long episodes dont help but im waiting for it to come to life.

I think you are the only one Irwin to praise TWD all through the three seasons it has aired. I am quite surprised actually.

I'm easy pleased! ;)

Maybe it was because my expectations of S3 were so low after everyone here slatted it that I was expecting it to be pure dogshit but I found it OK. If anything I preferred it over S2.

Maybe it was better for you because you watched it in one go and didn't have to wait a whole week for an episode. I mean seriously, waiting a whole week just to see Andrea and the governor play cat and mouse was annoying as hell.

Yeah same here, so much more enjoyable but it can consume a lot of your free time. I'm on a Spartacus marathon atm, after that I will get onto deadwood. I'm saving the wire.

I'm ok in that regard. I come home from work around 11.30 at night ad there's nothing else to do then anyway.

For those interested in food and traveling combined I would recommend checking out Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown which premiers on CNN tonight. At least in the US, I think it airs on Friday in Europe. I would also recommend his shows No Reservations, A Cook's Tour and The Layover, in that order.

He's basically a hybrid punk-rock chef gone author for those who don't know him. Known for his colorful imagery, often loaded with sexual references and punches in the direction as public figures such as Paris Hilton and the Kardashians. Rather different from your standard awkwardly shitty produced travel show.

I would also recommend checking out Departures (Canadian), when talking about travel shows.

For those interested in food and traveling combined I would recommend checking out Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown which premiers on CNN tonight. At least in the US, I think it airs on Friday in Europe. I would also recommend his shows No Reservations, A Cook's Tour and The Layover, in that order.

He's basically a hybrid punk-rock chef gone author for those who don't know him. Known for his colorful imagery, often loaded with sexual references and punches in the direction as public figures such as Paris Hilton and the Kardashians. Rather different from your standard awkwardly shitty produced travel show.

I would also recommend checking out Departures (Canadian), when talking about travel shows.

Cheers mate, not seen much of Bourdain so I'll try hunt that out online. Just finished rewatching Exploring China: A culinary Adventure, such a brilliant little show and it helps that it's got Ching in it, she's lovely :drool:

If anybody is looking for a recommendation, I've heard from Eboue that The Big Bang Theory is a fantastic show. He's got high standards and it's his favorite show, so it must be bloody cracking lads. Hey, don't thank me, thank him.

Agreed on Happy Endings. It's just a bunch of stupidly attractive people doing annoying stuff. Elisha Cuthbert even managed to make it seem like a challenge playing the brainless blonde. The fact one of the show's catchphrases is "ah-mah-zing" is enough to tell you it's a women's show.

How much of it have you watched? It's far better after season one and much more than a girly comedy, but I guess you haven't gotten that far.

I watched about 6 episodes of the second season, don't get the praise at all.

I'll second this, about a third of the time on screen he's either pissed or hungover :lol:

Just finished the season of Banshee and I think it was really really good. I can't believe the show is so little known though. I know it's not on a major network but it's too good to be so little known. Can't wait for next season now which is apparently airing in 2014 :mad:

Yeah I agree. Supernatural, Revolution, Once Upon A Time. And these are the fecking shows that took a 2 to 3 month winter break. Useless cnuts.

Tell me more about once upon a time.

For Emma Swan, life is anything but a happy ending. But when she is reunited with Henry - the son she gave up for adoption ten years ago - on the night of her 28th birthday, everything changes. The now 10-year-old Henry is in desperate need of Emma's help because the retard believes from reading a book of fairytales that she's the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming - who sent her away from the Enchanted Forest to be protected from a curse that was enacted by the Evil Queen. Dickhead Emma initially refuses to believe a word of Henry's story but soon finds that his hometown of Storybrooke, Maine is more than it seems. Because it's in Storybrooke that all of the classic characters we know are fecked in time with no memories of their former slave elves - except for the Evil Queen, who is Storybrooke's mayor and Henry's adoptive mother Regina Mills. Now, as the epic "Final Battle" for the future of both worlds approaches, Emma will have to accept her destiny and uncover the mystery behind a place where no one gives a feck

Sounds cool.

I've finally started watching The Wire properly. I'd had a few attempts to watch the series but it took us months to watch 9 episodes 20 minutes at a time. this week the missus is away so I've loaded the first series onto my iPad and watch it on the train to work. Up to episode 5 and loving it, not finding it slow at all.

Yup I started The Wire last week myself, it started off feeling quite slow but im loving it now. Im on episode 4 of season 2 at the moment. It's such a great cast and set of characters they really make the show.