Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Since I just finished Deadwood, I started watching Justified and it is surprisingly good. Ava is pretty hot. Also what the hell is wrong with Olyphant's walk? Why is he walking like a girl putting one foot in front of the other?

He's great in it isn't he? Lucy Liu character a bit better than I envisioned but it's Aidan Quinn that I enjoy the most after Miller

For you members from the UK, would love some British comedy recommendations. I've loved most of the classics (Python, Fawlty Towers, Bean etc.) and really enjoyed Little Britain, Outnumbered, Miller & Armstrong Show, anything Gervais, Inbetweeners & Psychoville to name several

Black Books, Peep Show, Spaced, Green Wing, Garth Marenghi's Dark Place and The IT Crowd are all worth watching.

Only Fools and Horses if you've not seen that. Dwarfs most of the stuff out now. I compare that to something like this 'Miranda' bollocks I keep seeing repeatedly advertised and wonder just what the hell is going on.

Elementary is turning out to be a bit of a gem thanks largely to the performance of Jonny Lee Miller

I watched the first 2-3 episodes and quit watching it. It just seemed like every other detective show. I've only seen random episodes of House but it reminded me a lot of that.

Am I wrong about what type of show it turns out to be or is that basically it? I've heard good things about it since I stopped watching it so I'm considering picking it back up again.

He's great in it isn't he? Lucy Liu character a bit better than I envisioned but it's Aidan Quinn that I enjoy the most after Miller

For you members from the UK, would love some British comedy recommendations. I've loved most of the classics (Python, Fawlty Towers, Bean etc.) and really enjoyed Little Britain, Outnumbered, Miller & Armstrong Show, anything Gervais, Inbetweeners & Psychoville to name several

Archie's list is pretty excellent but I'd add Blackadder (perservere through the first series, it becomes genius season 2 onwards), Father Ted, Bottom, Porridge, Open all hours and Men Behaving Badly.

It's a little old now but a great one if you haven't seen it is Pheonix Nights. Won't take long only 12 episodes I think then there was a spin off called Max & Paddy which had a further 6, really is a classic for me.

To be honest any suggestion I could give would be old ones not much has happened in British sitcoms for some time. Can't beat a bit of Red Dwarf and one of my personal favourites from when I was young was a show called 'The Detectives' not sure how popular that one is on here but I thought it was brilliant.

As for elementary I've actually quite enjoyed I have to admit, didn't think I would like it as much as I have. Still can't be compared to Sherlock on the BBC though as that is still far superior.

Peep Show is the best British comedy for me. Seasons 1-5 were superb.

S1 was only 6 episodes and I watched it in two nights. I was addicted. S2 had a few episodes that dragged a wee bit but nothing too bad.

I stopped watching the walking dead after s02e04, for about a year. Started watching it againt a couple of weeks ago and have now finished it.

The second season starts off slow and gets better after about episode 5 or 6. Season three was pretty good overall. Not the best thing ever by any stretch but pretty good.

Going back to a previous comment does anyone remember 'The Detectives'? My previous post remindeded me while I'm pissed. Classic comedy it was though.

I'm on S3 E2 of the Walking Dead and how anyone can say it's boring is beyond me.

I'd ignore quite a bit of what some people say on here. If you listened to quite a few of them they'd have you believing that bar the odd show or two, every show ever made was utter shit. Never listen to Eboue either :lol:

Well he's probably at the least boring part of TWD since the pilot, so no, it's not boring, it's actually extremely good for the first half of season three and you'll see that most people on here agreed with that.

The latter end of season three however, is absolute shite.

I agree with Eboue, compared to other TV shows nowadays, TWD has moments where it reach's the same heights, I enjoyed Season 1 a lot, but since they have been slower, more spread out...

The walking dead was great when they were all shit scared of the 'walkers'.

Holy feck, how have I not watched Spartacus before. I'm on the second episode, quite enjoyable.

Slight understatement, for me its one of the best series I've ever seen, but of course, I do have an interest in that genre anyway...

I was going to change it to thoroughly enjoyable but I couldn't be bothered to edit. Yeah gladiator was one of my favourite films, and this seems so reminiscent of it so far except with the added bonus of tits galore and lesbian action.

I was going to change it to thoroughly enjoyable but I couldn't be bothered to edit. Yeah gladiator was one of my favourite films, and this seems so reminiscent of it so far except with the added bonus of tits galore and lesbian action.

The first season just gets better and better as you go through it. Although I wasn't too fond of the second season and am yet to see the third. The prequel season was ok...

The first season just gets better and better as you go through it. Although I wasn't too fond of the second season and am yet to see the third. The prequel season was ok...

Yep I'm enjoying the brutalness and nakedness.

That's just a generous way of saying it isn't actually that good.

It's a great concept, and the first season was great and the second series too, but the third just dragged on half way through. It's worth watching I'd say.

I'm enjoying the third season. I've watched up to E5 now and
the whole village thing is good, and the part where the jail got over run was exciting.

I've heard The Walking Dead is repetetive as feck, is this true?

I wouldn't say repetiveness is the main concern of TWD, although they did have 2 episodes with exactly the same story this season only a few episodes apart. The problem with it is that the story telling is incredibly weak at times, the dialogue is often clunky and awkward and the created world and characters are full of horrific inconsistencies that the internet community love to pick on.

You'd hate it.