Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Andy can be very slapstick at times but he's still very funny in the way he does it, and Chris Parnell's line delivery is fantastic. He plays stupid so well.

I think the best thing about the show is Pawnee itself, the writers did a great job putting together this ridiculous little city, from the TV shows (Y'heard with Perd), the rivalry with Eagleton, Lil Sebsastian etc, it's just great.

Jean ralphio is the most slapstick thing about it, and also the worst thing about the show. Awful. But other than that they balance it very well.

Andy can be very slapstick at times but he's still very funny in the way he does it, and Chris Parnell's line delivery is fantastic. He plays stupid so well.

I think the best thing about the show is Pawnee itself, the writers did a great job putting together this ridiculous little city, from the TV shows (Y'heard with Perd), the rivalry with Eagleton, Lil Sebsastian etc, it's just great.

I kind of misread what was being said, I thought people were implying it was just slapstick which is blatantly untrue. The dismissive description of it as "slapstick and tomfoolery" I'd take umbrage with though as I think it's more than that, nevermind the fact that possibly the highest rated comedy ever (monty python) relied heavily on both so giving the descriptions negative connotations is bizarre to me.

Couldn't agree more with your second paragraph, I love Perd.

And it's Chris Pratt, Chris Parnell is Dr.Spaceman from 30 Rock but I'm sure you knew that.

Is Parks & Rec really rated as the best comedy on TV? I like it, but I wouldn't say it's up there with the greats.

It's gotten a bit shit of late too tbf. The episode with all the guest stars including John McCain was really, really awful. Like pretty much all American sitcoms, it's gone on too long.

Is Parks & Rec really rated as the best comedy on TV? I like it, but I wouldn't say it's up there with the greats.

It's gotten a bit shit of late too tbf. The episode with all the guest stars including John McCain was really, really awful. Like pretty much all American sitcoms, it's gone on too long.

Certainly one of them anyway. TIME rated it as the best show of 2012 and lots of other critics have constantly had it in top ten lists. Anyway, there's not a lot of other quality comedy on right now is there? Modern Family is decent I guess, Happy Endings is funny enough, Archer was excellent but it's taken a massive dip.

I agree Parks & Rec isn't what it used to be though, certainly mid season two til the end of season three was its peak, it hasn't been as good since but it still provides lots of laughs.

Louie, Sunny, Eastbound, Curb, Thick of It, Peep Show....

Not sure if I'd take Parks over those, but I'd definitely take it over Modern Family and Community, both of which are decent enough themselves. Maybe Veep too, see how season 2 of that goes first though.

Arrested Development too of couse........-_-

Parks and Rec is more gush-out-loud than laugh-at-loud these days with lots of likeable characters. It's much better at all this than The Office US. People rate it so high because it deserves to be less low key, than say shows like Community..and it's a hard sell to get people to watch it, due to first couple of episodes and etc.

Not sure if I'd take Parks over those, but I'd definitely take it over Modern Family and Community, both of which are decent enough themselves. Maybe Veep too, see how season 2 of that goes first though.

I've tried to watch It's Always Sunny but it's just so horribly loud and in your face, not my type of comedy at all.

We don't talk about hardly any British TV shows in here. Is there anything new worth watching that is made on these God forsaken shores?

Cooking in prison exists. Gordon Ramsey did it last year. We're through the looking glass here people. There's no going back.

The best comedy in America is my new favourite show, The Following.

You're going to love it. The first few episodes I was hatewatching it but then I really enjoyed the one on March 25th. This Monday it was at like 6pm when I came to the realization that I was actually looking forward to it.

It just gets worse (and funnier) each week. The AV Club just gave out their first ever consecutive F ratings, I believe.

You're going to love it. The first few episodes I was hatewatching it but then I really enjoyed the one on March 25th. This Monday it was at like 6pm when I came to the realization that I was actually looking forward to it.

It just gets worse (and funnier) each week. The AV Club just gave out their first ever consecutive F ratings, I believe.

That's what made me decide to watch it.

You think British comedies count? Americans don't focus on that at all. When talking about who's rating this as the best comedy on TV the critics are only counting US stuff.

Archer is the currently funniest show. Curb isn't on TV now and Eastbound season 3 was disappointing. I'd put Sunny at 4th behind the Louie, Parks and Archer in terms of current season. 2nd overall behind Archer.

I like some of Black Mirror as recommended by Sally, other episodes were a bit cack. I might check out Luther, is the troubled detective not a bit over done though?

I also vouch for Luther. Plus there's only ten episodes so far so not a lot to go through.

You think British comedies count? Americans don't focus on that at all. When talking about who's rating this as the best comedy on TV the critics are only counting US stuff.

Archer is the currently funniest show. Curb isn't on TV now and Eastbound season 3 was disappointing. I'd put Sunny at 4th behind the Louie, Parks and Archer in terms of current season. 2nd overall behind Archer.

Why wouldn't I count British? I don't care about where it's produced, if it's good, it's good. British shows also show up on American critic lists now and then, Downton is always on them at the moment, though I'm not sure if it's part-produced by PBS or something. I dunno. Why lists matter I don't know.

I've tried to watch It's Always Sunny but it's just so horribly loud and in your face, not my type of comedy at all.

Charlie, who was sort of the breakout character, is the most loud and in your face, and for me the least funny. Dennis and Mac are both better. As a show it's reached its use by, but it was great in its peak seasons.

Have you seen 15 Storeys High ?

I have not seen it but I have heard of it. I think that I will seek out 15SH and Luther next.

Cheers

There are plenty of British comedies on the IMDB top rated series list, probably as many as there are American. If you read the user reviews they come from all over the world too. Many people from around the world regard British comedy to be the best there is, it is almost a cult thing.

More to the point, why would we on a Manchester United forum care about what American TV critics prioritise?

I am watching Homeland. First three episodes are really slow but I do like the plot of the story.

Jean ralphio is the most slapstick thing about it, and also the worst thing about the show. Awful. But other than that they balance it very well.

I don't think you're meant to like Ralphio as a person. His ridiculous urban whiteboy persona is horrific and OTT, but it's done quite well. He does provide a few laughs for me, especially the scene where he gets the accounting job, they walk around the office and he gets fired immediately. Great scene. Luckily he's used vary sparingly, as he is quite unbearable, but he does come across as if he is supposed to be unbearable. I dig that.

I wouldn't say he's more slapstick than Andy, who is excellent at falling down and and depicting a visual humour, like in the first season when both his legs are broken. He's very good at the whole slapstick thing, as well as being a very convincing idiot. Great character

Finished season 1 of Homeland. It got better as the season progressed but still predictable and pretty slow for my liking.

Apparently there is a new series called "Hannibal" based on the famous cannibal serial killer.I heard it was good, there is only one episode so far.Will check it out later

Yeah I read about that this morning, sounds really good. Mads Mikkelsen takes over from Anthony Hopkins, think that's a good choice. I'll check it out this weekend I think.

Just finished Deadwood. I really liked it but then again I like anything Western. I am a huge fans of Westerns. I have seen all the famous Western films from the 60s to the early 90s. On that subject I was wondering if anyone here watches Hell On Wheels? That is the only thing on now that is remotely close to anything Western.

Elementary is turning out to be a bit of a gem thanks largely to the performance of Jonny Lee Miller

Not many people seem to be watching Bates Motel. It's currently on episode 3 and seems quite decent.

Elementary is turning out to be a bit of a gem thanks largely to the performance of Jonny Lee Miller

He's great in it isn't he? Lucy Liu character a bit better than I envisioned but it's Aidan Quinn that I enjoy the most after Miller

For you members from the UK, would love some British comedy recommendations. I've loved most of the classics (Python, Fawlty Towers, Bean etc.) and really enjoyed Little Britain, Outnumbered, Miller & Armstrong Show, anything Gervais, Inbetweeners & Psychoville to name several