Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Still rate Deadwood as my favourite show ever.

Nearly impulse bought the box set for £20 from hmv at the weekend.

I was absolutely loving Deadwood when I was watching it. Top quality cast (although I wasn't that fond of Olyphant as Bullock) amongst a pretty compelling setting. That "these two white cocksuckers" scene with Wu had me cracking up - Swearengen is up there with Tony Soprano, in my opinion.

I feel like a right pansy, though. I'm fairly desensitised when it comes to TV gore/violence, but that scene with the kidney stones and the doctor...I haven't watched it since. I swear I was walking round bandy legged for a couple of days after that, it absolutely went through me.

Still rate Deadwood as my favourite show ever.

Mine too.

I don't think that there will ever be a series as good as it again. Ian McShane as Al Swearengen is my favourite character ever. I agree with KE7; Olyphant was a big let down as Seth Bullock, he didn't seem to manage the subtleties of Bullock character and struggled to deliver the 19th century dialogue in a convincing manor.

I started watching the walking dead last night as I was downloading s5 of the Sopranos. I do this thing whereby I'll almost spoil a good show by watching it obsessively every night rather than mixing it up watching a few different things each night.

Garth Marenghi's Dark Place.

It's the best show ever.

Season one is so boring, I find it a struggle to watch. Why isn't he using tattoos to escape from prisons and shit?

Still, great aspect ratio, I think that's the main reason I'm still watching it.

Yeah, I thought season 1 was a bit meh, nothing special about it though it enabled you to really discover who the characters were and actually start caring about them. Had some real big laughs with season 2, and we've started watching season 3 and are enjoying it just as much.

The Dave character is a bit bland, and they did well to completely dumb Elisha Cuthbert's character. Overall the cast is very good, you really actually care about Max and Penny (very likeable characters) and the chemistry between Brad and Jane is incredible, very very believable. It's also very funny cos my girlfriend is a control freak just like Jane and I recognize her traits in quite a few of the situations. Damon Wayans Jr. acts too much if you know what I mean, you can tell too clearly that he's acting, but it actually works perfectly for this kind of sitcom and he's maybe my favourite character. His delivery and timing is great.

Overall, just like most sitcoms, it's a lot of re-hash of what's already been done and you could say that Friends inspired it more than a lot, though 1) it was very funny how they addressed that point in season 2 and 2) even though I love Friends and have seen them all many times, it's not to a point where I feel it's plain copying, and it hasn't stopped me enjoying it at all (which is a feeling I had a few times when watching HIMYM, even when it was still good).

So yeah, I'm enjoying it quite a bit (and my girlfriend is really loving it, watched both seasons in about a week, so thanks for the tip!

Yeah, I thought season 1 was a bit meh, nothing special about it though it enabled you to really discover who the characters were and actually start caring about them. Had some real big laughs with season 2, and we've started watching season 3 and are enjoying it just as much.

The Dave character is a bit bland, and they did well to completely dumb Elisha Cuthbert's character. Overall the cast is very good, you really actually care about Max and Penny (very likeable characters) and the chemistry between Brad and Jane is incredible, very very believable. It's also very funny cos my girlfriend is a control freak just like Jane and I recognize her traits in quite a few of the situations. Damon Wayans Jr. acts too much if you know what I mean, you can tell too clearly that he's acting, but it actually works perfectly for this kind of sitcom and he's maybe my favourite character. His delivery and timing is great.

Overall, just like most sitcoms, it's a lot of re-hash of what's already been done and you could say that Friends inspired it more than a lot, though 1) it was very funny how they addressed that point in season 2 and 2) even though I love Friends and have seen them all many times, it's not to a point where I feel it's plain copying, and it hasn't stopped me enjoying it at all (which is a feeling I had a few times when watching HIMYM, even when it was still good).

So yeah, I'm enjoying it quite a bit (and my girlfriend is really loving it, watched both seasons in about a week, so thanks for the tip!

I think it's a lot cleverer than Friends ever was, it sort of starts out as that sort of sitcom but definitely branches out into something a lot quirkier by mid season two.

Dave was very bland for a while but they have made him better now.

And yeah, Wayans Jr. is absolutely priceless, his expressions are just gold, this scene practically had me in tears laughing first time round.

I don't know what to watch yet. In the last year I've watched;

Entourage
Mad Men
Friday Night Lights
Breaking Bad
Revolution - ongoing

I have to pick another few shows to add to my bucket as once I start watching I'll go through 3-4 episodes a night.

My current bucketlist is;
The Sopranos
The Wire

Watched/Watching
The Sopranos
The Walking Dead

Add to Bucket-list
The West Wing

I haven't been able to begin and finish/catch up with a new series in more than a year (well, except for laughing at and dissecting the trainwreck that is The Newsroom). Me no likey.

Things I want to see before I die. I'll only watch the Sopranos once, but I'll buy eggs a thousand times so your analogy doesn't really work.

I was going to watch Justified tonight but this thread has changed my mind, what's banshee about/ most similar too.

I was going to watch Justified tonight but this thread has changed my mind, what's banshee about/ most similar too.

Banshee is really good. It's about an ex-convict who has just came out of jail and ends up taking the identity of a sheriff in a small town. Then all sorts of sex, violence and cool things happen.

Watch it, there are titties and no Olyphant.

I'll give you the benefit of doubt Phil and watch it, the last time I watched something eboue recommended I could only make it through the first 6 episodes and hated everyone in it.

I'll give you the benefit of doubt Phil and watch it, the last time I watched something eboue recommended I could only make it through the first 6 episodes and hated everyone in it.

What did he recommend? He has awful taste, he suggested The Walking Zzzzz to me, which has now turned to shit.