Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Just downloading 'Bates Motel' the new show based on a young Norman Bates. Anybody seen this yet? episode 2 was on in the states last night, gonna watch em both and give my verdict later.

I've downloaded game of thrones on blue ray, I don't know why but I watched pretty much most of it and breaking bad on my iPad. I'm going to download breaking bad blue ray as well and give both of these a watch. Even though I've only watched them in the last few months for the first time.

Here's another post touting Justified and Terriers.

Does it get better? I'm around five or six episodes into the first season and awfully bored so far. It just seems like a by the numbers "new bad guy each week" with the odd bit of plot thrown in.

Does it get better? I'm around five or six episodes into the first season and awfully bored so far. It just seems like a by the numbers "new bad guy each week" with the odd bit of plot thrown in.

The first season is like that, yes. But the first season is more to establish the environment. The second, third and fourth seasons are more serialized and much better.

Depends what you want. It's definitely worth watching as a 'filler' series whilst you wait for Breaking Bad, Boardwalk etc. I quite enjoy it and if you are a fan of DC Comics then you may also.

Haven't seen boardwalk, maybe I should.

Boardwalk is overrated, I think there was so much hype between the fact that it has such a good cast, is made by HBO, written by Terence Winter, and has a massive budget.

It's good but far from great and certainly not worthy of all the praise bestowed upon it.

It is all about opinions isn't it.

Personally I found The Soprano's rather boring and Curb Your Enthusiasm repetitive. I like Breaking Bad but if it was cancelled tomorrow I wouldn't care.

On the other hand I thought that The Wire was great whilst I absolutely loved Deadwood and Game of Thrones. I have reasoned that I prefer dramas set in other times and places, thus I think that I will seek out Boardwalk Empire next.

Haven't seen boardwalk, maybe I should.

Boardwalk takes a while to get into because it has SO many characters and like 7 different plots at the same time but once you familiarise yourself with everything, it's pretty good. Not the best thing ever but its decent.

It is all about opinions isn't it.

Personally I found The Soprano's rather boring and Curb Your Enthusiasm repetitive. I like Breaking Bad but if it was cancelled tomorrow I wouldn't care.

On the other hand I thought that The Wire was great whilst I absolutely loved Deadwood and Game of Thrones. I have reasoned that I prefer dramas set in other times and places, thus I think that I will seek out Boardwalk Empire next.

Whoa whoa whoa hold your horses there sunny jim. The cliff hanger we've been left on, and 8 episodes left to finish off the show and you wouldn't care if it was cancelled tomorrow??

Whoa whoa whoa hold your horses there sunny jim. The cliff hanger we've been left on, and 8 episodes left to finish off the show and you wouldn't care if it was cancelled tomorrow??

Well, I am only part way through series 4.

I am rewatching LOST since its spring break. I really like the show. I would recommend it to anyone who hasnt watched it.

I am rewatching LOST since its spring break. I really like the show. I would recommend it to anyone who hasnt watched it.

Really? I heard its ending is really poor which is the reason I don't want to watch it.

Really? I heard its ending is really poor which is the reason I don't want to watch it.

It depends on how you perceive it. I liked the ending. Some people didnt like it. I finished watching the show in less than 3 weeks this past summer. The cliffhangers were brilliant. Its like when you say a book cant be put down, well for me this show couldnt be switched off. Plus so many critics claim it to be one of the top 10-15 shows of all time.

Even if the ending is poor, sometimes it is worth watching a show for the ride.

Even if the ending is poor, sometimes it is worth watching a show for the ride.

I end up hating films that are good and have poor endings. And that's only with me watching it for 90 minutes, if I invested hours upon hours and was disappointed with the ending I don't know how I'll feel.

I am usually kinda pissed if the couple I liked in a movie or show did not end up together but forget about it within a day or two and ffs its not real to begin with so who cares.

I remember the hype that surrounded Lost when it came out. I eagerly made time to watch the opening episode on C4. The plane crash scenes were spectacular but after two further episodes I resolved that it was utter shite and didn't bother with it ever again.

I remember the hype that surrounded Lost when it came out. I eagerly made time to watch the opening episode on C4. The plane crash scenes were spectacular but after two further episodes I resolved that it was utter shite and didn't bother with it ever again.

I can never understand people who think that way. The type who resolve something that hasn't reached either its height of development, storyline arc or resolution. Surely you have to give certain things time to pan out as they will. Rejecting a show on the basis of it's early episodes is akin to rejecting a captivating novel on the basis that its undeveloped characters aren't interesting to you yet

I can never understand people who think that way. The type who resolve something that hasn't reached either its height of development, storyline arc or resolution. Surely you have to give certain things time to pan out as they will. Rejecting a show on the basis of it's early episodes is akin to rejecting a captivating novel on the basis that its undeveloped characters aren't interesting to you yet

Yeah but in his defence, I continued watching flash forward when it was apparent it was shit and I continued to waste my time with it. I did the same with prison break when it became shit after the first series. And dare I say it, I continued watching homeland even though in the first season I seemed to be the only person hating it.

I applaud his ability to resist going through with a series he thinks will be shit.

Oh and I'm still watching how I met your mother even though that's shit.

Yeah but in his defence, I continued watching flash forward when it was apparent it was shit and I continued to waste my time with it. I did the same with prison break when it became shit after the first series. And dare I say it, I continued watching homeland even though in the first season I seemed to be the only person hating it.

I applaud his ability to resist going through with a series he thinks will be shit.

Oh and I'm still watching how I met your mother even though that's shit.

I'm kind of similar, i just have to finish a series when I start it, even if it goes downhill... except Alcatraz, which was just too shit... i have more fun taking a dump than watching that :mad:

I'm kind of similar, i just have to finish a series when I start it, even if it goes downhill... except Alcatraz, which was just too shit... i have more fun taking a dump than watching that :mad:

Yeah, which is why I'm trying to be more selective with what I watch now, currently going through arrested development.

You don't need to read a book until the end to know it's poorly written.

I watched the first 2 episodes of the new show 'Bates Motel' and it seemed OK. Going to carry on watching anyway it has some promise about it.

I just realised there is a series that I actually managed to abandon. Touch starring Keifer Sutherland, I managed 4-5 episodes before I gave up.

I've actually enjoyed the new season of Touch this year now that its structure has changed.

It is not an important piece of literature, it is a television show. I have seen very few television shows in my time that actually make me reflect in an important way. Perhaps you take your television a little too seriously.

Are you suggesting that my life is a little less rich for abandoning Lost?

It is not an important piece of literature, it is a television show. I have seen very few television shows in my time that actually make me reflect in an important way. Perhaps you take your television a little too seriously.

Flashforward made me reconsider my stance on alcohol.

I've actually enjoyed the new season of Touch this year now that its structure has changed.

Really? I've never known anyone who watched it. What did you think of the first series and how has the structure changed?

Really? I've never known anyone who watched it. What did you think of the first series and how has the structure changed?

Well the first season the episodes were more case of the week. Basically Jake trying to get his dad to save some people and it was a bit dull. It would have been more cancelled if not for Keifer Sutherland. The 2nd season has more of a broader plot and seems to be leading somewhere.