Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

I want to watch a short drama, can't go wrong with Band of Brothers, can I? My mate who absolutely raved about it lent it to me a few years ago but I didn't watch it for some reason.

Any other suggestions?

I want to watch a short drama, can't go wrong with Band of Brothers, can I? My mate who absolutely raved about it lent it to me a few years ago but I didn't watch it for some reason.

Any other suggestions?

How about Luther, it was a bbc drama. Only ten episodes over 2 series.

I'm pretty sure they'll be more of Luther.....so yeah, if you want completion in one go...

Generation Kill pretty great, as are many many many older UK dramas, Tinker Tailor/Smileys People, go with that.

Yeah there's going to be another series of Luther and a film but definitely worth watching I think.

I think I'm one of the only people who didn't enjoy homeland as much as everyone else. I felt it kept losing its way, it had great parts but Carrie was just all over the place half way through and was losing her way. I just felt like the show was losing the plot. I still watch it though.

Second season is a massive drop, just turns into 24 circa season 4 onwards.

Does anyone here remember an old show called La Piovra? I remembered it vaguely from my childhood. It's an Italian series about the Mafia, I loved it.

Would like to find a decent DVD set of it with English subtitles. I once downloaded part of it, but I don't understand Italian and it was hard finding proper subtitles. Still watched the first series and it was absolutely fantastic. Unfortunately I think it wasn't very popular worldwide apart from Eastern Europe and Mediterranean countries. Music by Ennio Morricone. It was class.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086779/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

There's an Irish Dublin Gangster series called "Love Hate". Its pretty accurate to the shite thats been goin on in Dublin over the past 20-odd years. I highly recommend it, its real Dublin underworld carry-on with no holds barred!

Seriously, check that out - there's about 3 or 4 series' aswell..

Any other suggestions?

Depends on what you consider short. 10 episodes but all in all it's around 700 minutes. It's about the best thing made for TV you can watch. Pure class.

There's an Irish Dublin Gangster series called "Love Hate". Its pretty accurate to the shite thats been goin on in Dublin over the past 20-odd years. I highly recommend it, its real Dublin underworld carry-on with no holds barred!

Seriously, check that out - there's about 3 or 4 series' aswell..

I second this. Love/Hate is fecking amazing, well worth a watch.

Which did people prefer BoB or the Pacific? BoB was better from memory but its been years since I've watch it and only watched the Pacific when it first aired that I cant really remember the ins and outs of them.

Ended up watching Homeland. Finished 1st season yesterday, it is an intense show. Very gripping.

Finished season 2 now, didn't see that ending coming. Great suspense now till season 3 but i have a feeling it will start becoming repetitive now. Hopefully the writers have something up their sleeves as it's very entertaining/gripping TV.

Finished season 2 now, didn't see that ending coming. Great suspense now till season 3 but i have a feeling it will start becoming repetitive now. Hopefully the writers have something up their sleeves as it's very entertaining/gripping TV.
Interestingly, when Damian Lewis was on Top Gear recently, he said the writers didn't know what they were going to do (or something to that effect) but it was so nonchalant, he didn't seem worried at all!

Which did people prefer BoB or the Pacific? BoB was better from memory but its been years since I've watch it and only watched the Pacific when it first aired that I cant really remember the ins and outs of them.

BoB by far. Pacific episodes 1-6 were okayish but 7-10 were outstanding.

Bob's Burgers just keeps getting better. Best comedy out there right now along with Parks and Archer.

Just finished watching the BBC series of Sherlock Holmes.

I thought it was really good, apart from a few things - Gollum being the most annoying of them all.

Just finished watching the BBC series of Sherlock Holmes.

I thought it was really good, apart from a few things - Gollum being the most annoying of them all.

Is there a joke in there? :)

Golem was the hired assassin in The great game.

---

So I started watching Fringe about 2 months back.. Done with 4 seasons.
First episode of the last season was rubbish. Do they carry that story throughout the season or is it wrapped up in a couple of episodes ?

If that is the entire season then I wont bother watching.

Has anyone watched Enligtened? The critic reviews are on par with Breaking Bad, The Wire etc, considering giving it a shot.

It has a rating of 7 on imdb. I think it's safe to say it won't be on par with breaking bad.

Edit: although it does have a lot of good reviews on it, might be worth a watch. Watch it and let us know.

Has anyone watched Enligtened? The critic reviews are on par with Breaking Bad, The Wire etc, considering giving it a shot.

Pretty sure that show has just been canceled, not seen it before though so cant comment on the quality of the show.

I found it very annoying very quickly. Couldn't watch past the 2nd episode.

There could have been, but the only joke was the BBC making shitty characters for no reason. They could have just got a regular looking eastern European bloke to do it, but no they had to get a 9 foot monster instead.

Golem was the hired assassin in The great game.

---

So I started watching Fringe about 2 months back.. Done with 4 seasons.
First episode of the last season was rubbish. Do they carry that story throughout the season or is it wrapped up in a couple of episodes ?

If that is the entire season then I wont bother watching.

I thought it was really good up until season 3 maybe. The last couple haven't been good at all, and I haven't finished the most recent season yet.