Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Inquiries ended | Back in the squad

Very likely. But I also think it's likely that turbulence off the pitch in your personal life will make you play even worse.
Yep, pretty sure it affected him for at least one game right after the allegations resurfaced, it was either wolves or spurs.

For fecks sake, what is happening at this club...

Fergie made a deal with the devil(ironically) for all of that success and glory in his era and now Manchester United is cursed to rot, decay in the Glazer Apocalypse and various other problems like this one(Antony's) and Greenwood's...

I'm not I am taking what the club said at face value, there is zero assumption being made there from me
I also don't have a view by the way, other than I am not sure, on the balance I think he's likely guilty, but I am willing to admit I don't know
I still would consider that an assumption - to suppose something without proof - you're trying to put the responsibility onto the club by saying you take it a face value but it's not different to what I have said. Neither of us know.

I still would consider that an assumption - to suppose something without proof - you're trying to put the responsibility onto the club by saying you take it a face value but it's not different to what I have said. Neither of us know.

Which was my original point. Except I'm the only one who admits it multiple times and says its the reason why I am against mob rule, social media witch hunts etc
You never heard me call him innocent.
I've only seen you make assertions as to there can only be one outcome because we heard the audio.
I don't expect the club lied about the audio

Domestic violence FC.

He's shit at football so won't get the benefit of the doubt like the other sicko did but my God does the club do any due diligence at all when it comes to digging deeper into players personal lives before signing them?

Pellistri must be wondering what he has to do to get a start.
Well it's looking like he's going to be playing on the regular for us for a while. And frankly I'm extremely concerned by this, although he's shown a bit of promise, he's a long way at this stage from being an elite forward.

First MG then now Antony, and looks like Sancho also on his way out too. What the feck is going on.

Diallo and Pellistri, it’s now your chance to shine…

Has our RW position been cursed? I mean what are the odds that two players in a row in that position would end up with a similar type of situation. It's like the strangest running joke (Not that I am calling any potential crimes a joke, rather commenting on how surreal it is)

Getafe are gonna have quite a good team at this rate.

:lol: :lol:

FFS

First MG then now Antony, and looks like Sancho also on his way out too. What the feck is going on.

Diallo and Pellistri, it’s now your chance to shine…
He's got a long term injury. So we're down to Pellistri. And despite the Caf hype, I do not see an elite forward in this lad at the moment. K

He's got a long term injury. So we're down to Pellistri. And despite the Caf hype, I do not see an elite forward in this lad at the moment. K
Maybe we will play Mount or Bruno on the right later…

Shite player, shite signing and it seems like a shite human being too. Why can we only sign duds for the right wing?

If you’re looking for a different vibe there’s also a bunch of threads where people are shitting on our manager and all our best players. So there’s always that.

Rather embarrassingly I had one too many yesterday and think I may have indulged in some tantrum throwing, so I’m avoiding those threads for now like a dog who’s taken a shit somewhere he shouldn’t have.

That thread about the lowest point of supporting United, I change my answer. The past couple of weeks have been the lowest point.

MG and now Antony allegedly being absolute deplorable dick heads. That some fans would tie themselves in knots to defend them despite the evidence.

ETH vs Sancho being played out in the open.

The Glazers dragging out the sale. The fact that the potential new owners will essentially be a front for a s state with deplorable human rights records.

And as for the actual football, the reason we follow the team; what looked like a winning goal yesterday being overturned resulting in a massive capitulation.

It’s the system. It doesn’t work. I think today’s setup is very negative. It’s not a good sign we continue playing this kind of football.

You said he's been really good. So what are we blaming the system for exactly? Allowing him to be really good?

Well it's looking like he's going to be playing on the regular for us for a while. And frankly I'm extremely concerned by this, although he's shown a bit of promise, he's a long way at this stage from being an elite forward.

So is Antony tbf

One things for sure, Antony certainly isn’t an elite forward. He offers zero end product apart from cutting in and scoring the odd worldie which happens about 3 or 4 times a season, nowhere near good enough for £85m. I’d much rather see Pellistri get a chance as he looks promising in the short cameos he does get. He can use both feet for a start and is hungry to prove himself.

like a shite human being too.
As far as it looks, its not a clear cut case like MG's.
All I've seen some injuries photos and angry (not violent) whatapps chatlog. Can be either way unless his gf is still holding off

If he gets charged with a DV crime, he should be out.

And yet, nothing of real value was lost.

Shit enough player who is a scumbag who looks like a scumbag and a monumental waste of money. Is there not more of a character check on players before they buy?

Can we just forget his price tag? It’s overpriced definitely. But he has been really good this season.
4 games, no goals, no assists, 77% passing, 2 key passes per game , 1.3 dribbles per game , 2.8 shots per game , 0 through balls per game, 0 crosses, per game.

Is this our expectation of a forward?

You said he's been really good. So what are we blaming the system for exactly? Allowing him to be really good?
Our first phase has massively improved due to Onana, but the second phase is really bad. Apparently, ETH asked the team look for the break opportunity when Arsenal played high line. Arsenal was very cautious this time, and we ended up clueless in possession.
We have to find a solution to improve the second phase.
Antony should be bought for amount between 50-60 million range. We were just ridiculously incompetent in transfer market. However, he gives us high certainty in possession and is great to help defense. He is just not the kind of players winning the game single-handed.
We played the majority of game yesterday in our own half. Picking out a single player to criticize is stupid. It’s team sports.

Shit enough player who is a scumbag who looks like a scumbag and a monumental waste of money. Is there not more of a character check on players before they buy?

There is zero proof other than baseless accusations, don't be so quick to jump on a player, let's see if it goes to court or substantial evidence comes to light and wait to judge, I hope it's not true but if it is then as far as a club point of view goes, we need to consider what our recruitment are doing and why Ten Hag didn't know this of his character but for the moment, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Our first phase has massively improved due to Onana, but the second phase is really bad. Apparently, ETH asked the team look for the break opportunity when Arsenal played high line. Arsenal was very cautious this time, and we ended up clueless in possession.
We have to find a solution to improve the second phase.
Antony should be bought for amount between 50-60 million range. We were just ridiculously incompetent in transfer market. However, he gives us high certainty in possession and is great to help defense. He is just not the kind of players winning the game single-handed.
We played the majority of game yesterday in our own half. Picking out a single player to criticize is stupid. It’s team sports.

Yes but you said he's been really good.

Then blamed his performances on the system.

That doesn’t really make sense. There's nothing to blame if he's been really good.

It's either one or the other.

Yes but you said he's been really good.

Then blamed his performances on the system.

That doesn’t really make sense. There's nothing to blame if he's been really good.

It's either one or the other.
What’s your logic? I didn’t follow at all.
I think his individual performance has been very good. Comparing with last season, his play is more matured as well.
I did not blame his performance at all. I only said the system we have tried to play is not well functioning.
Note that we did not play the same way yesterday as we did in the other three games.

4 games, no goals, no assists, 77% passing, 2 key passes per game , 1.3 dribbles per game , 2.8 shots per game , 0 through balls per game, 0 crosses, per game.

Is this our expectation of a forward?
I would rather have Diaby who was 30m cheaper. ETH is quite clueless if he thinks Antony is United quality.

Domestic violence FC.

He's shit at football so won't get the benefit of the doubt like the other sicko did but my God does the club do any due diligence at all when it comes to digging deeper into players personal lives before signing them?

I was about to post something like 'atleast it looks like we have signed the right personalities even though they are not full-blown successes performance-wise' as a defence of the recruitment policy under ETH, but then I logged on to read about yet another potential domestic abuser. Fecking hell.