Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Inquiries ended | Back in the squad

The pictures seem to be making claims after the fact of what they show

If you allege someone punched you in face and you get police report at the time and then get them to document your injuries that's proof.

Showing a photo of an old injury and retrospectively assigning responsibility for that to someone else, really isn't a very strong piece of evidence legally. At least in this country. Brazil may be different but given the story has been running for a good while now, I suspect it might be the same.

Unless there are police reports made the time that substantiate the injuries from the photos then i would doubt they would even be admissible in any criminal trial. Civil court (or Brazilian equivalent) is different story.

Hypothetically in the Greenwood case had that gone to trial, the cut lip picture would not have been seen by the jury or permitted in court by a judge for the same reason as it wouldn't meet threshold to be considered evidence.

The photos really aren't evidence without police reports being made on the day they were taken by the police themselves
There is a claim that she was treated by club doctors at United. Her lawyers are in contact with the club. We are going to find out very soon whats what

Mason Greenwood didn’t publicly deny the allegations. There isn’t an audio of Antony ‘seemingly’ attempting to rape someone. Within 24 hours of the audio and pictures being released Greenwood had been arrested. The police have had the witness statements and evidence for months and are still yet to arrest Antony. The circumstances are completely different.

Greenwood was suspended because the pictures and audio were leaked into the public domain. The club couldn’t not suspend him after everyone had seen and heard the evidence. He was then arrested afterwards. He’d already been suspended by that point. There’s a reason certain other footballers (who we know but can’t name) accused of similar things but with no evidence that’s been seen by the public are free to carry on playing.

Now that pictures and messages have also been leaked from the Antony case they’ll also have to suspend him. Not doing so will be terrible PR for the club.

There's been no new allegations nor any change to the ongoing investigation. If some of you ever got influence over the legal departments of the companies you work for, they're being sued to feck very, very quickly.

Greenwood was suspended because the pictures and audio were leaked into the public domain. The club couldn’t not suspend him after everyone had seen and heard the evidence. He was then arrested afterwards. He’d already been suspended by that point. There’s a reason certain other footballers (who we know but can’t name) accused of similar things but with no evidence that’s been seen by the public are free to carry on playing.

Now that pictures and messages have also been leaked from the Antony case they’ll also have to suspend him. Not doing so will be terrible PR for the club.
Yes. He was suspended due to audio of him being leaked online attempting to rape someone. That doesn’t exist in this case.

And wasn't this whilst Greenwood was suspended? I just can't see the club suspending one player whilst actively covering up another.

Surely going public with interviews isn't the best course of action if a criminal investigation is going on though? If it ever went to court the defence would be all over it if she exaggerated any details or did infact lie about something?
A criminal investigation with no crime then, perhaps. Whatever she could possibly gain from that. Revenge for braking up with her?

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, but I think we can conclude she doesn't like her ex boyfriend much.

That makes sense, but surely ten Hag or someone at the club would've dug into it before bringing him here?
If something was there. Why ETH and the scouting staff is being dragged into this? You want them to find out things that may not exist or something that police should investigate and find?

Yes. He was suspended due to audio of him attempting to rape someone. That doesn’t exist in this case.

You think if it had just been the pictures & the allegations without the audio the club wouldn’t have suspended him?

Immediate suspension, abandoned by sponsors, trial, discharged from the allegations, "internal investigations" (taking months), rumors of coming back, cryptic official anouncement, loan with a break clause.

Rinse and repeat.

I fail to see how a scout or manager could ever know about whether or not a player was a domestic abuser ffs.

What do you expect, ‘slaps women about’ to be written at the bottom of a report card like a football manager trait?

Yes. He was suspended due to audio of him being leaked online attempting to rape someone. That doesn’t exist in this case.
Not sure the audio proves attempts at raping.

There's been no new allegations nor any change to the ongoing investigation. If some of you ever got influence over the legal departments of the companies you work for, they're being sued to feck very, very quickly.

I believe it’s off the back of an interview she did yesterday where she shared new evidence (WhatsApp messages etc). It’s now on all the Uk news sites including Sky Sports etc the club will be under massive pressure after the Greenwood case.

So Antony has two children? One with his current wife and one with his ex? Interesting, the internet doesn't mention anything about his first kid..

I don’t think they would have suspended him without the audio. I think the unfortunate reality is if that audio wasn’t in the public domain he’d still be playing for the club.

Yeah I agree with that last part. I would like to think though with such serious allegations and the photos that we all saw that night they would have suspended him anyway. At least until they could establish what had actually happened.

Its all subjective, but if ETH knew of any of this and not the owners prior to signing Antony, it may cost him his job.
€95m is a fecking lot of money to wright off.

I like ETH and hope to be wrong.

ETH got a question about this recently and brushed it off as if it had been concluded, but turns out that's not the case. If true that's grim as feck.

Step forth Sir Pellistri.

He wont be suspended unless he is charged by the police.

Which could happen in a matter of 24-48 hours. The thing is that the CBF probably have access to key evidence from the local authorities before Antony was dropped. That same evidence will probably find its way to the GMP soon enough.

ETH got a question about this recently and brushed it off as if it had been concluded, but turns out that's not the case. If true that's grim as feck.

Step forth Sir Pellistri.

Most of our best "signings" have been academy players tbh. Rashford was better for us than Cavani. Greenwood better than Falcao. Januzaj was one of our best players in the Moyes season. Now Garnacho.

Which could happen in a matter of 24-48 hours. The thing is that the CBF probably have access to key evidence from the local authorities before Antony was dropped. That same evidence will probably find its way to the GMP soon enough.
I’d imagine Brasil are just covering their asses rather than having some smoking gun proof.

As it stands I don’t think United will (or should) do anything other than wait to see what the police do. Greenwood case they were put in a quandary because of the audio, this is much more standard (pics with no way of proving them, loads of messages that don’t seem to prove anything, otherwise it is one person’s word against another).

If any truth…. €95m down the pan and may cost ETH his job.
What a mess.
No it wont, ffs. :lol:

BTW, Mount will replace him at RW if he gets suspended, don't hope that Pellistri will, although he would have more playtime for sure.

No it wont, ffs. :lol:
If you were an owner who had shelled out €95 million on the advice of the manager only to find he’s now worth feck all, what would your reaction be?….ie never mind Erik it’s only money?

If you were an owner who had shelled out €95 million on the advice of the manager only to find he’s now worth feck all, what would your reaction be?….ie never mind Erik it’s only money?
Or maybe the owners will realise that this isn’t his fault at all, unless they are going to start taking the blame for Greenwood also being worthless now (in comparison to before).

Man, I wish City took this viewpoint when signing £50m full backs when £50m was utterly ridiculous for a fullback.. (I really don't though, since it's a ridiculous thing to think!)

Or maybe the owners will realise that this isn’t his fault at all, unless they are going to start taking the blame for Greenwood also being worthless now (in comparison to before).
Ok, although they didn’t buy Greenwood.

I think there will definitely be some uncomfortable questions on why he managed him for 3 years and still insisted on signing him if he's a dickhead.

Out of all the pathetic ways people are trying to take digs at ten Hag during a rough period, this is by far the worst.

I think there will definitely be some uncomfortable questions on why he managed him for 3 years and still insisted on signing him if he's a dickhead.
Maybe, but someone being a dickhead doesn’t make them an abusive criminal, necessarily. We’ve signed plenty of dickheads over the years that have been part of success.