Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not arguing that but I'm saying Antony isn't worth the money were paying considering his career so far. Nothing really deeper than that despite other factors.

There other right wingers in the world who are better and available for less. One being Chukwueze who in the right team could be special.
But you were arguing that?

He is obviously not worth the money but your original comparisons to Ronaldo and Bale's transfers 12/13 years ago were crazy.

They're getting a ton of money anyway, no need to be skint

Relativity of the market; late buys cost more, and, clubs know they’re minted, have need and little time to find a replacement. In fact we’re passing the baton on to them, as they want a player back who knows Ajax and, they assume, will assimilate immediately.

If we’d done what we needed to when we should have, they wouldn’t be subject to this, so we’ve ended up offsetting some of this supposed profit, should they go ahead with their buy.

By the way guys, Ajax doesn't want to sell Antony at all. But they know every player has a price. Atletico told us to get lost when we offered 130 million for Felix. It is a different type of business.

Player desperately wants the move that he's skipping training. There is no way they are getting similar money for Anthony next season. Ajax can easily go for other targets who are young and upcoming with that money.

Yeah no chance Ajax are paying that. Their record so far is Haller at 19M GBP.

Chelsea want to get rid, player is old, so I think they'll drop their demands quite a bit.

Then where does Antony play? Because I'm sure Sancho best position is probably the left.

Rotation. We saw against Liverpool that Sancho tires out. Martial cannot stay fit for a full season, so suspect the 4 will rotate the 3 positions up top.

Relativity of the market; late buys cost more, and, clubs know they’re minted, have need and little time to find a replacement. In fact we’re passing the baton on to them, as they want a player back who knows Ajax and, they assume, will assimilate immediately.

If we’d done what we needed to when we should have, they wouldn’t be subject to this, so we’ve ended up offsetting some of this supposed profit, should they go ahead with their buy.

I mean it's not like we hadn't tried earlier in the summer. They were rejecting bids as early as early June and had no intention to sell. It's the player himself forcing the issue that's brought this back

Would be sad if we didn't get him at this stage, TBH. Exciting prospect. Feck the money, it's not mine.

Just you wait until this time next season when it's discovered that Anthony's best position is also on the left :nervous:
We've got three lefties? I'm all for the left but surely that's an overload. Unless Sancho plays on the right and Rashford also decides his best position is on the right.

Ajax happy to extort an absolute fortune from clubs looking to sign their players but when the shoes on the other foot suddenly they’re bitching it’s unfair. They’ve raked in a ton of cash so far this window and with the money we’re willing to pay for Antony they can easily afford the €44m for Ziyech with plenty to spare.

Would be sad if we didn't get him at this stage, TBH. Exciting prospect. Feck the money, it's not mine.

I never understood this logic.

By way of vested interest, The team is ours, the stadium is ours, the players are ours but the money isnt.

No, that's why I asked the Ajax supporter in the thread who gave me an informed response. I honestly know nothing about either player. What is it that makes Gakpo the better option for conversion?

oh, no worries. Gakpo is bigger, more physically imposing, both are technically good, although Antony has more trickery, but most importantly, Gakpo has played/plays CF/centrally from time to time

I never understood this logic.

By way of vested interest, The team is ours, the stadium is ours, the players are ours but the money isnt.

Oh, can I use the club money to pay my rent? Where do I sign up? :D

We've got three lefties? I'm all for the left but surely that's an overload. Unless Sancho plays on the right and Rashford also decides his best position is on the right.

In all seriousness I think we could still discover that Sancho is incredibly effective on the right - it's a different team and different set up now, and he was largely garbage last year in general along with the team - so it's a bit of a write-off.

I think in terms of being more effective on the left over the right, I'd say Rashford and Elanga are more dependent on being over that side of the pitch then Sancho.

oh, no worries. Gakpo is bigger, more physically imposing, both are technically good, although Antony has more trickery, but most importantly, Gakpo has played/plays CF/centrally from time to time

Right. Cheers!

I mean it's not like we hadn't tried earlier in the summer. They were rejecting bids as early as early June and had no intention to sell. It's the player himself forcing the issue that's brought this back
We thought we’d get a better deal later in the window and baulked at the set price, which has cost us €10m-€20m, as they’re now demanding more than they were. We didn’t table a bid at the start of the window, otherwise this whole saga with the player acting out would’ve happened a whole lot earlier.

They’ve never had the intention to sell, so nothing changed there.

See a few people reasoning this way. I would point out two things. One, the money available for transfers isn't unlimited, so more spent on one player means less to spend on others. Two, FFP means that no matter how much money you have to spend, there's a limit to how much you're allowed to spend. With United now running a financial loss, that may begin to affect us in ways we're not accustomed to.

Bottom line is; if you want to be a successful club, you have to spend smart - especially when you're spending big.

find me any time I've said we overpaid - you won't, Rather the opposite where I point out it is isn't my money (or anyone else's here)... but, hey, let's not bother with facts (you'll make a great Tory MP)

The thrust of his post was negativity so I was joking. You're great craic.

Oh, can I use the club money to pay my rent? Where do I sign up? :D
Its about having a vested interest to see money spent well.

If you say you dont care about that then you might as well not care about any operation of the club.

See a few people reasoning this way. I would point out two things. One, the money available for transfers isn't unlimited, so more spent on one player means less to spend on others. Two, FFP means that no matter how much money you have to spend, there's a limit to how much you're allowed to spend. With United now running a financial loss, that may begin to affect us in ways we're not accustomed to.

Bottom line is; if you want to be a successful club, you have to spend smart - especially when you're spending big.

Pfffft, sounds like you have never heard of a little thing called a "lever", my good friend :cool:. Unlimited money lifehack, no more worries.

We should drop this deal. If we can get Depay for €10m, Gakpo for €25-€35m, & possibly Asensio for €40m, that's miles better than €100m for Antony alone, even if he's the best option individually. We need squad depth more.

Last edited:
We should drop this deal. If we can get Depay for free, Gakpo for €25-€35m, & possibly Asensio too, that's miles better than €100m for Antony alone, even if he's the best option individually. We need squad depth more.
Gakpo would cost closer to 50m for starters and those 3 wouldn't really improve over what we already have. Antony in the manager's opinion would.

Yeah no chance Ajax are paying that. Their record so far is Haller at 19M GBP.

Chelsea want to get rid, player is old, so I think they'll drop their demands quite a bit.
Actually its Bergwijn this season for 30 million euros. And i now think that Chelsea is trying to make things difficult for Manchester United by upping the price for Zyech. I hope Ajax has a new southern American gem on the scouting list because whats happening now is not good for anyone involved.

We should drop this deal. If we can get Depay for free, Gakpo for €25-€35m, & possibly Asensio too, that's miles better than €100m for Antony alone, even if he's the best option individually. We need squad depth more.
wtf_is_this_shit_Very_Disturbing_Childrens_Book_RE_We_dont_say_ampquotGermanampquot_in_America-s400x297-59009.jpg

Why do I feel like Ajax will be unable to sign Ziyech or an alternative so reject the crazy high offer for a player who is desperate to leave. Stupid situation all around.

We should drop this deal. If we can get Depay for €10m, Gakpo for €25-€35m, & possibly Asensio for €40m, that's miles better than €100m for Antony alone, even if he's the best option individually. We can then easily let Ronaldo go also.
That's just opting for quantity over quality

We should drop this deal. If we can get Depay for €10m, Gakpo for €25-€35m, & possibly Asensio for €40m, that's miles better than €100m for Antony alone, even if he's the best option individually. We can then easily let Ronaldo go also.
All of those players arent that good. It would be a terrible move.

Seriously though, you can't demand 100m for Antony then turn around and insist on a 'fair' price for Ziyech :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.