Antony dos Santos (Out)

Who were the other candidates that window before we left it too late and copped for the fake Brazilan?

One was Marcus Thuram, I can't remember the other off the top of my head. Either way, the list was far too short, and that's on Murtough.

He would have still been a horrible signing at €60m though.

Quite possibly, although he'd have been under much less pressure (as would we, financially), so there's a decent possibility he'd have been able to perform better without such heavy expectations weighing him down. He's still a bit limited physically though, so I agree it wouldn't have been our greatest signing.

To be honest it’ll be Garna and Rashy, so Amad will be sat next to Antony on the bench
Wing is one of the positions where you may want to rest your players more frequently as you want to keep them fresh and explosive, so whoever our first backup is he will play significant minutes. I know ETH doesn’t like to rotate but he will be forced too with EL games and other competitions we usually tend to take seriously and go far in.

id advise him to go. spending another season at OT is going to kill off any remnants of a top level career he has, as he hasnt produced at all, and his confidence is going to be shot to bits. 12 months somewhere without the spotlight / pressure would help him get his career back on track.

He's never going to Al Nassr unless they offer him ridiculous wages.

He's on 200k a week with another 3 years to go on his contract, I highly doubt he's moving because he's not getting a pay rise from anyone after he leaves here.

Dont forget, we're signing Mazraoui to "unlock" Antony.

Wishful thinking. He has no reason to leave: paid handsomely already to do absolutely nothing. This is a mistake we’ll have to live with and endure until the last year of his deal.

We're probably one of the last few big clubs that is yet to get a saudi stimulus package. It's overdue. I wanna eat too

Al Nassr? Let's try play hardball insist on 100mil. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Realistically, I would bite their hands off for 40mil.

Please transfer Gods, make this one happen. A double deal for Case & Antony would be amazing.

I want 60 for him and fool some idiot club into giving it to us but I’ll accept 25/30mil…nice junk of change for the worst disaster since Sanchez and Djemba Djemba

Incredible player. No way they can convince Anthony thats about to reach his peak. Unless they make an irresistible offer. /s

Wishful thinking. He has no reason to leave: paid handsomely already to do absolutely nothing. This is a mistake we’ll have to live with and endure until the last year of his deal.
He can earn even more and actually play. Pretty simple choice in my opinion, unless you prefer the rain in Manchester...

Granted it wouldn't be difficult on last seasons form...but he would look a better player outside of the prem.

A slower league would be a better fit for him.