2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

edgecutter

Ran his socks off and made some great interceptions. he still has the odd brainfart, but I'd rather him on the right than that waste of space Rashford.

Woziak

He worked hard, has no end product but you can’t fault the boys desire and fight unlike other unarmed United players !

Marwood

I thought he was poor on the ball, his passing is absolutely terrible.

This thing of us looking a better team with him in it. Not sure what this is saying really.

It's because we literally don't have another right winger. I can't really consider Pellistri because he's completely unproven at this level.

SAF is the GOAT

Really made me mad in one situation in the start of the game when he tried to take the ball into his left instead of finish with his right foot

It won us a penalty :lol:
It was really unnecessary mate
Just divert the ball from your left to your right foot into the box and finish

Last edited:

Sancho99

Tbf he was involved in some good moments for us but it often ended in players making the wrong decisions that would ruin the moves. Battled hard and worked well for the team. I wish he would just smash his shots for a change instead of those bloody floaty curlers.

saik

Just fix your end product antony damn
He's a shite player but you can't fault his desire or his effort.
He put a shift in this evening. At least he does that. Good things will happen eventually.... hopefully.
Ran his socks off and made some great interceptions. he still has the odd brainfart, but I'd rather him on the right than that waste of space Rashford.
He worked hard, has no end product but you can’t fault the boys desire and fight unlike other unarmed United players !
I thought he was poor on the ball, his passing is absolutely terrible.

This thing of us looking a better team with him in it. Not sure what this is saying really.

It's because we literally don't have another right winger. I can't really consider Pellistri because he's completely unproven at this level.
All of you are doing him a massive disservice to him, calling that performance as 'just putting in a shift'. I'm not his biggest fan and was beginning to question him during the early parts of this season but that was easily his best performance for us. He could have had multiple assists if Bruno could have converted his penalty and McT didn't fluff his lines.

Should have had an assist today for Mctominay. Good performance from him. Our other attackers need to look at his/Garnacho's work rate and feel some shame.
I’ve been arguing it since he signed, he’s one of our most important players because he’s our number 1 out ball to keep possession.
Excellent today, should have had an assist but for some rubbish finishing.
Agreed. He was very good today and hopefully can build on it.

Marwood

All of you are doing him a massive disservice to him, calling that performance as 'just putting in a shift'. I'm not his biggest fan and was beginning to question him during the early parts of this season but that was easily his best performance for us. He could have had multiple assists if Bruno could have converted his penalty and McT didn't fluff his lines.

An assist for getting your foot stood on after a bad touch?

He created one proper chance tonight.

saik

An assist for getting your foot stood on after a bad touch?
For all those people who would cry later on that he has no end product, it would have officially counted as an assist for winning that penalty.

Manny

Grammar Police
Looked really good. Link up play between him and McTominay needs some work but he didn't do much wrong today and tracked back loads

the_cliff

I thought his best performance was against Galatasaray tbh. Was very surprised he didn't start the game against Newcastle.

Positive signs though, that's 2 good performances back to back.

RedOrange

I think he'll be more effective if our whole squad moves to his effort levels. You can't tell me anyone thought Almiron would be as effective as he has been for Newcastle without the whole team working hard.
This was a great call.

Marwood

For all those people who would cry later on that he has no end product, it would have officially counted as an assist for winning that penalty.
You're being ultra generous there.

JuriM

His street footballer prowess is something I always admire, you don't see much that type of skill set anymore.

saik

You're being ultra generous there.
Bad first touch or not, he did well to get to the ball first and win us that penalty. And if Bruno scored his penalty, it would have been an assist. So yea he could easily have had 2 assists today.

Contrast that to Rashford/Sancho who would have chickened out of that challenge and wouldn't even attempt to get to that ball after they've lost it.

Pickle85

Good today but has a nasty habit of doing something really good, like chasing an opponent down and winning the ball back, then immediately giving the ball away or losing it somehow. Worked really hard and had some nice touches...I do wish he had an extra yard of pace though. Sometimes looks like he has the beating of a player but can lack the afterburners to really torch them

berbasloth4

When the fella plays bad many of our fans can’t wait to jump in and berate him but when plays well make excuses on nit pick. He has had a good game today. Not outstanding but a good game. He created some chances, won the penalty, his original first closing down helped created the first goal. Give credit where it’s due.

I do believe he is still too one dimensional and too afraid to use his right foot but today definitely had positives to build on

KeanoMagicHat

Might have another career as a Joelinton turned into midfield hustler. Great pressing and off the ball work, still lacking on it. But good performance overall.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
When the fella plays bad many of our fans can’t wait to jump in and berate him but when plays well make excuses on nit pick. He has had a good game today. Not outstanding but a good game. He created some chances, won the penalty, his original first closing down helped created the first goal. Give credit where it’s due.

I do believe he is still too one dimensional and too afraid to use his right foot but today definitely had positives to build on
Yeah, he improves us a lot when he plays. Even if his end product should be better. It makes such a difference having a wide player who not only takes care of the ball but also wins it back on a regular basis. The difference between him and Rashford on that right wing is enormous.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Bad first touch or not, he did well to get to the ball first and win us that penalty. And if Bruno scored his penalty, it would have been an assist. So yea he could easily have had 2 assists today.

Contrast that to Rashford/Sancho who would have chickened out of that challenge and wouldn't even attempt to get to that ball after they've lost it.
That's only an assist in fantasy football terms, right? No way that actually counts in actual assist numbers.

Ekeke

Doing better. Was lucky with the penalty, he absolutely needed to go to the right and Enzo saved him with stupidity. Won 4 fouls

berbasloth4

Yeah, he improves us a lot when he plays. Even if his end product should be better. It makes such a difference having a wide player who not only takes care of the ball but also wins it back on a regular basis. The difference between him and Rashford on that right wing is enormous.
more often than not hard work beats talent in football

Bwuk

Might have another career as a Joelinton turned into midfield hustler. Great pressing and off the ball work, still lacking on it. But good performance overall.
I agree with this. Not sure he’s ever going to have the end product for a winger, but his work rate is undeniable.

RuudTom83

A few of the attackers just need a bit of luck.

As fans we can appreciate the effort and hustle. Doesn’t make him a great player by any means…but he has the right attitude at least.

berbasloth4

Yeah, true. But he’s also extremely talented. His touch is as good as any other player on the team. Might even be the best of the lot.
i believe it might be worth a try having him on the left with him being one dimensional he might find himself with more opportunities to cross the ball which in turn might work out better for hojlund and now mctominay with these runs.

Red00012

He’s better than looking at that tosser that doesn’t give 2 fecks

troylocker

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Good performance, but must stop trying to pass the ball in the back of the net from outside the box. So annoying to watch those horribly weak shots. He shoots with half the power of his crosses ffs.

saik

That's only an assist in fantasy football terms, right? No way that actually counts in actual assist numbers.
I have always assumed those counted as assists. Couldn't find anything other than Opta saying that they don't count it as an assist. Not sure if PL follows the same as well. Happy to be proven wrong.

RedOrange

i believe it might be worth a try having him on the left with him being one dimensional he might find himself with more opportunities to cross the ball which in turn might work out better for hojlund and now mctominay with these runs.
Maybe if we had another RW in our pocket, but we have Garnacho for LW who looks decent. I'd just stick with these two for the majority of the matches going forward and see if we can't get some more good wide attackers after binning off Sancho (and maybe Rashford).

Doracle

His quality on the ball is so bad. The chance after 15 minutes when he hits a weak curler is so clearly a situation where he can play the easiest possible pass on his left foot for Bruno to have a 1on1. I’m not sure we have any other option to play RW but Amad has a clear route to the first 11 when he gets fit.

Flying_Heckfish

All of our forwards need to increase their output drastically if we're to go anywhere, and while Antony is definitely trying and working hard, he's still not hitting anywhere near the numbers we need to be seeing.

It feels like he looks good currently because almost all the others look awful. He still has a lot to prove to jusitfy the price tag - we've overpaid by double, at least. He has no right foot, his shooting technique is completely one-dimensional, and he is deceptively slow, especially over long sprints - which is a bit of a killer if we want to be "the best transition" team going.

For it to work with him it seems like everyone else has to be playing at 100%, then he becomes a tactical "missing piece". He can hold up the ball, and he has skill in close situations, which allows us to move up and re-organise when we're pressed. Let the other forwards get the goals while he helps build the attacks - but never gets the glory. He could be a modern Park Ji-Sung, essentially. But as important as the Park-type players can be, they just don't command the sort of fee we paid, so he's always gonna have that over him, as will EtH.