2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Castia

Not only is this guy a complete flop and worth at the most 30m even in this inflated market but his fecking attitude is awful. I’ve just seen the clips of when he was asked to play LB and he throws a fit again and starts covering his mouth whilst talking to G.Jesus he did the same in the last match against Palace and got called out by Carragher

Easily without a shadow of a doubt the worst ever PL signing he’s fecking dog shit

Doracle

Presumably ETH can’t have failed to notice his incredibly poor attitude to being asked to move to Left Back. Hopefully that’s the last we see of Antony this season and I can’t see the new manager next season giving him the same opportunities.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

lsd

The Oracle
Presumably ETH can’t have failed to notice his incredibly poor attitude to being asked to move to Left Back. Hopefully that’s the last we see of Antony this season and I can’t see the new manager next season giving him the same opportunities.

You say that as if he didn't notice his incredibly poor play all season yet continued to pick him over better players

EireRed_GS

What a clown of a player he is. made the statement last week he's proving a very potential toxic element of the squad with his antics mouthing off covering his mouth to Mount in public, and yesterday has only convinced me more.

from him pulling the deathstares before coming on, to doing sweet fa on the pitch when on, to mouthing off behind his hand again when asked to play LB. Ive had enough of him. In the bin.

The squad is decimated with injuries, your lucky to even be on the pitch. get out there an do whatever job your told and give over

TempusFugit

One thing which doesn't get spoken about enough is how terrible his shooting is. He's completely unable to put any power into the ball or take a power shot at the goal.

It's always a weak, telegraphed curler to the top/bottom left or yet another curler which is usually off target. He can't put his laces through the ball or generate any sort of power when he's far away from the penalty box. Every keeper/defender in the league knows what he's trying to do when he gets the ball and just waits for it.

Antony has so many issues with his overall game, i think it's incredible how some people at the club looked at him and paid what they did. Ten Hag must've been been really good at convincing them to sign him, because there's no way a proper DOF or even a fan who knows a thing or two about football signs this guy. No chance.

Passitlikescholes

It is sort of true, but not fully. Antony employs someone to be his personal photographer (I think it's his brother), but not purely with the intention of capturing him score a goal. The idea is to create images/videos for his social media accounts. Lots of players do the same. I know someone who has done some work for Dalot in the past.
I would've expected the club to have photographers there and do this for them but fair enough.

Doracle

You say that as if he didn't notice his incredibly poor play all season yet continued to pick him over better players
I don’t think ETH is very good at judging player ability/performance. Poor conduct seems something he’s much keener to punish.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

It is sort of true, but not fully. Antony employs someone to be his personal photographer (I think it's his brother), but not purely with the intention of capturing him score a goal. The idea is to create images/videos for his social media accounts. Lots of players do the same. I know someone who has done some work for Dalot in the past.
Really not that big of a deal is it? It's far more cringeworthy having to listen to that posh kid describe him as "pants". I had to stop watching after 10 seconds.

mu4c_20le

We're going to continue being a banter club until he leaves. Something embarrassing comes out every week.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The most frustrating thing about buying Antony is that any half-decent scout would be able to pinpoint major issues with his game that makes him useless against better defenders. Specifically, it should have been obvious that he lacks true pace, physicality and an ability to go both ways. He is a testament to our terrible internal processes in terms of transfer decision making.
Our scouts did pinpoint just that. They placed an upper bound of around 20m on his valuation.

Not their fault the club hierarchy overruled them because ETH really wanted his player.

Mike Smalling

Our scouts did pinpoint just that. They placed an upper bound of around 20m on his valuation.

Not their fault the club hierarchy overruled them because ETH really wanted his player.
If that's the case that really just underlines our lack of structure around transfer decision making. Just out of interest, where did you hear that the scouts said that? I don't recall reading about it anywhere.

Edit: A quick Googling reveals numerous sources, including The Athletic. £20m would have been the fair price. I wonder what Ajax would have "settled" for - I can't imagine they would have turned down £50m, for example. It still would have been too much, but obviously less ridiculous. Our negotiators really got done :lol:

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
If that's the case that really just underlines our lack of structure around transfer decision making. Just out of interest, where did you hear that the scouts said that? I don't recall reading about it anywhere.
Don't have the link anymore, but some of our scouting reports leaked last year including the one we had for Antony before he signed

Remember the geese

Really not that big of a deal is it? It's far more cringeworthy having to listen to that posh kid describe him as "pants". I had to stop watching after 10 seconds.
Yeah, it's a complete non-issue. You're always going to get some idiot with an Internet connection having a pop. Plus the herd of sheep who will no doubt lap it up and use it as ammunition because they don't like the player.

Yakuza_devils

Ed announced to the world we have "war chest" to burn, can't blame other club trying to feck us. This banker is clueless and was playing FM.

criticalanalysis

This meme-fication and criticism of Antony is similar to Maguire. Sad to see honestly but that's part and parcel of playing for Utd. I'm not saying all the criticism is unjust but both Utd and oppos fans are so hyperbolic with the insults and insinuation etc.

As for this particular incident, it's means jackshit because we had the exact same scenario two months ago. He was even more visibly displeased and showed disgust when he played at left back against Liverpool at the beginning of extra time. Guess what happened when it came to game time though? Played his role very well, did his job and we won the game. Although Arsenal were in 2nd gear and we couldn't create anything, Antony did his job at left back as well as you'd imagine, no major issues at all.

He's no £80m player and he's been bad this season but I wouldn't be surprised if he has a Maguire-like resurgence next year under a different manager as he does have some good attributes. Of course, it's still a low bar because that's still not good enough but at this point, you got to accept what you got, especially if the player is at least putting his effort on the pitch.