Antonio Valencia | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd keep rather him than Young but I still think he's not good enough going forward against top teams

I'm very quick to criticise him, and he deserves lavish praise for his performance tonight. Excellent.

He was very good. The only one with Kagawa who tried something in that second half.

Whatever about some of his technical inadequacies, at least he always shows heart and a desire to get on the ball. He's really stood out for me in the two legs against Bayern.

Awesome tonight. Made mince meat out of them a few times. A memory of his past form for us.

That's why I think he should stay. He can be shocking when he's bad, but even then he CAN be effective. Tonight he was just plain awesome. Unfortunate not to get an assist or two.

Fair play to him, good performance even though he didn't have much support.

That'll be enough to keep him here next year. He was really good. Can't work the fecker out.

Our best attacker tonight. Against Bayern. Away. Maybe not time for the bin yet.

There was a cross from deep to Welbeck in the 2nd half which was amazing. It reminded me of the Beckham one to fat Ronaldo it was that good. A better touch from Welbz and he was through.

Nice game today.. Gave a good outlet for us.. Tried really hard in the second half,did not get his head down even after going behind..

Jones makes a 30 yard sprint down the line with intelligent movement like Bayern's quick throw which caught us out in the first half. Valencia spots the run and makes the thr... Nope, cancelled. Aborted throw for some reason. Jones is forced to run back and take the throw in.

Frustrating player

Guess I am the only one then who feels he was average.

I think he was better than that, but I think the other comments are a bit OTT. Still, it's nice to see a player put in 100% and leave it all out there. Even in a decent performance over all there was a fair few that that can't be said for.

What a beast. Easily better than Kagawa and Rooney tonight. There's still a player in him.

Great game from him. You could see how Alaba didn't dare to go into any running duels against Valencia, and thus he chose to give him space, which Valencia thrives with. More of the same, please. If he can do this to Bayern, he should destroy most defenses.

What a beast. Easily better than Kagawa and Rooney tonight. There's still a player in him.
Nonsense, Rooney? Yes but Kagawa was MOTM, worked his arse off defensively to cover a defender 4 years past his sell by date (great goal though) and was the only one who showed composure on the ball. You can't fault Toni's heart but he's a head down and run to the corner kinda man.

Jones makes a 30 yard sprint down the line with intelligent movement like Bayern's quick throw which caught us out in the first half. Valencia spots the run and makes the thr... Nope, cancelled. Aborted throw for some reason. Jones is forced to run back and take the throw in.

Frustrating player
This. I noted a couple of more mistakes from Valencia. but meh!
I think he was better than that, but I think the other comments are a bit OTT. Still, it's nice to see a player put in 100% and leave it all out there. Even in a decent performance over all there was a fair few that that can't be said for.
I don't know. He is a winger. A winger should be good attacking wise. On one side we had Robben and Ribery. On the other side we had Valencia. I am not questioning his attitude or anything. He gave his everything, and kept on running. But is he really the quality that United should have in the team? I don't think so.

54 touches, 2 dribbles and 3 crosses attempted.

He was decent, played his part. Dont understand the rest of this

Don't know about brilliant, he was good. Should have gone off instead of Welbeck though; not because he was playing badly, more because he was offering very little going forward.

I though he was great driving forwards with the ball, several great phases where he beat players on the flank and caused them problems. But despite being a hard worker he really wasnt that good defensively, and he's terrible when given possession in his own half under pressure. Better than Kagawa tonight? No, no he wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.