Antonio Valencia | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've given him some, I'm not going to pretend David De Gea wouldnt have dived to try and save a header almost a foot inside his post if Antonio Valencia wasnt there. De Gea has excellent reactions as we saw tonight, but when theres a brick shithouse standing next to you only a lunatic will dive at it headfirst.

Fair enough, we will have to agree to disagree then.

Won the ball back plenty. Ran forward a bit. Not a threat.

Shouldnt it be the smaller sides playing defensive wingers worrying about the opposition

We are playing Arsenal away, having one attacking and one defensive winger isn't wrong

The performance he put in was probably what Moyes hoped he'd do when he selected him. He did his defensive job well and does deserve some praise. It's just a shame he offers nothing going forward.

Fair enough, we will have to agree to disagree then.

Obviously Valencia did his job perfectly there and we can be thankful for that. Its entirely possible the bloke on the line and the goalkeeper leave it for each other and the ball goes in the back of the net.

The performance he put in was probably what Moyes hoped he'd do when he selected him. He did his defensive job well and does deserve some praise. It's just a shame he offers nothing going forward.

What job did he actually do? Hold a positional line? Arsenal were crap.. actually made us look like a top 4 side.

I would if Valencia game them some flipping service.

RVP had enough chances to bury it today, Mata, 2nd minute one, header saved by Szcuntny. Rooney played at #10, he's meant to create chances, he created whole 1 notable chance today plus his touch let him down whole match.

What job did he actually do? Hold a positional line? Arsenal were crap.. actually made us look like a top 4 side.

Defensively he did well, winning the ball and yes holding his positional line something that we shouldn't take for granted based on past experiences this season. Don't get me wrong I don't want him anywhere near our starting 11, but I don't see the need to batter him today when he did what he was basically picked to do and seemingly all he's capable of doing anymore. There's always tommorow to batter him though.

Still can't get over how someone who gets paid tens of thousands a week can't use his left foot. In the second half he made a good run into the middle by the top of the area and had he used his left foot could have had a shot but instead passed the ball to a crowded out Cleverley and the ball was cleared.

He was criminally poor with the ball. Scared to take anyone on and killed almost all momentum by going backwards.

Incredible how many games he has started.

Why would he deserve some praise if as you say he offers nothing going forward? (which for a wide man is kind of important)

It's like when we'd play Hargreaves or Park wide for purely defensive reasons but didn't do much going forward. They got praise for doing a job, so I figured I'd do the same for Valencia. Mind you this was before I found out Liverpool won, and now I'm pissed that we didn't force the issue when Arsenal weren't that great either.

It's sad to think that Kagawa, Nani and Januzaj will spend the majority of the rest of the season on the bench while he plays game after game.

It's like when we'd play Hargreaves or Park wide for purely defensive reasons but didn't do much going forward. They got praise for doing a job, so I figured I'd do the same for Valencia. Mind you this was before I found out Liverpool won, and now I'm pissed that we didn't force the issue when Arsenal weren't that great either.

We didn't have a soft centre with no imagination. If you have two centre midfielder designed to sit... Why do you need a defensive winger?

It's sad to think that Kagawa, Nani and Januzaj will spend the majority of the rest of the season on the bench while he plays game after game.

Sad if you're a chemically castrated lobotomy patient. Rage inducingly pillow punchingly infuriating to anyone else.

I'd honestly not be shocked to see him sent back to Wigan on a free. That's not going to happen though, is it? after all, he's brilliant defensively.

I genuinely think there's Championship teams that would seriously consider turning him down if offered.

Crazy to think that this man has gone from being Player of the season to, in my opinion, the worst footballer we've seen at the club in the last 10 years. The decline is terrifying.

Loking at the below graphic you nearly wouldnt know which direction he's playing. Ridiculously negative

Statistics:

36/45 Total

7/15 Forward

22/22 Backward

7/8 Square

Since that injury against Rangers he cannot offers more than what is doing now

He's an athlete not a footballer.

Is he though, he's the only player in football who whilst accelerating appears to be slowing down.
Tonight against Gibbs, he'd speed up and try and get past him but wouldn't actually be going any faster.

Is he though, he's the only player in football who whilst accelerating appears to be slowing down.
Tonight against Gibbs, he'd speed up and try and get past him but wouldn't actually be going any faster.

He tried to outrun Gibbs a few times and once he realised he couldn't that meant basically his game over from an attacking POV and he then became a second RB. He's an athlete because he does have exceptional stamina and can keep running hard for 90mins without tiring.

I didnt see him run at Gibbs more than once at full speed, and when he did he got passed Gibbs with ease. Still did absolutely sod all with the cross though.

Why he doesn't actually get the ball, and run at the Lb to see what happens I have no idea?!. He is no longer a winger but a defensive midfielder IMO.

The most depressing thing about Valencia and Young is the inevitability about one of them still starting 80%+ of games next season despite all the evidence that they are no where near good enough for us. They are very much Moyes men.

Status
Not open for further replies.