Antonio Valencia | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Rafael, but he was painfully average last night. I actually hoped for that sub. It was Hernandez who was completely rubbish after he came on.

Average at what? Some of his crosses were poor but in general he was doing well. And quality delivery isnt the reason why Valencia should come on anymore. That ship has sailed.

Average at what? Some of his crosses were poor but in general he was doing well. And quality delivery isnt the reason why Valencia should come on anymore. That ship has sailed.

Average in that he couldn't dribble or run past average players like Riise. Some of his crosses were poor, and I don't think he was as adventurous as he normally is. Valencia hardly produces quality crosses, but he has shown that he can offer a threat when facing tired players due to his physical attributes. Let me add that I think Rafael is the superior player.

Average in that he couldn't dribble or run past average players like Riise. Some of his crosses were poor, and I don't think he was as adventurous as he normally is. Valencia hardly produces quality crosses, but he has shown that he can offer a threat when facing tired players due to his physical attributes. Let me add that I think Rafael is the superior player.

I thought he did pretty well even though some of the crosses were poor. Valencia is a defensive liability at rB. Already cost us 2 goals this season.

Slate Valencia as much as you want, but you can't deny that he's trying for us. Some of give off the illusion that he just doesn't care anymore and isn't half-arsed with his performance or our results. He's a much better player than what his current performances are reflecting - we all know that.

The usually non-animated Valencia after Carrick scored:

_72863401_goals_utd.jpg

He works hard at trying the wrong things. When he was good he worked hard at trying the right things. And it didnt hurt that he had a decent cross

I think Chicharito at his worst had more good first touches in one half.

He saved our point today, get fecking off him and go complain about Van Persie bottling it and Rooney being shite.

He's actually a poor mans Park now. At least with Park even when his legs were going he could slot in however was best for the better players around him. Valencia actually inhibits how others can play because of his one footed-ness/hesitantcy. He's got two strengths pace and power and he rarely ever uses them.

Offers nothing going forward. Pointless him playing as a winger.

He saved our point today, get fecking off him and go complain about Van Persie bottling it and Rooney being shite.
For being set up to stand on the post? We could have won if he had some balls and actually tried to attack. Broke down a lot of attacks and his touch was rotten. Oh, he worked hard. I guess that's ok.

Now this sort of criticism is dumb. Out of all of our forward players he pretty much offered the most, yet the fans are pouring in here to say he's shit. Unbelievable stuff considering he saved us going a goal down.

Won the ball back plenty. Ran forward a bit. Not a threat.

Shouldnt it be the smaller sides playing defensive wingers worrying about the opposition

For being set up to stand on the post? We could have won if he had some balls and actually tried to attack. Broke down a lot of attacks and his touch was rotten. Oh, he worked hard. I guess that's ok.

We've had couple of players who were set at the posts and yet couldn't save simple balls several times, he's done 'well' today by his standards. Offered as much if not more as our magic trio of Mata, Rooney and RVP and then Januzaj.

Absolutely not the match to criticise him after. Agenda at it's finest.

I'm just getting sick of his one dimensional and predictable play, it is soo pissing me off now!!!

He plays with such a lack of confidence, its a shame, he is a shadow of the player he used to be. We should have sold him when he asked to change squad numbers, not that the numbers matter but he saw himself as not being good enough, we need players who relish the challenge. Now more than ever.

We've had couple of players who were set at the posts and yet couldn't save simple balls several times, he's done 'well' today by his standards. Offered as much if not more as our magic trio of Mata, Rooney and RVP and then Januzaj.

Absolutely not the match to criticise him after. Agenda at it's finest.
He's not good enough. That much is obvious. He continues to play though so guess we'll all just have to accept it.

Going forward he did nothing, same with on the ball. So many times he had a chance to do some quick passes going forward but he just chose to do a little pass back or slow it down. Defensively he did well, although to be perfectly honest, Arsenal didn't try to do anything other then try to force their way through the middle. They were a bit like the opposite of us against Fulham.
I just wish he'd try to do more going forward, like he used to, since we might as well get used to seeing him in the team.

To be fair, Januzaj looked a bit lost both defensively and offensively when he did come on. Admittedly, he didn't have much time to settle, but I guess Moyes prefers an average Valencia to an unpredictable Januzaj.

To be fair, Januzaj looked a bit lost both defensively and offensively when he did come on. Admittedly, he didn't have much time to settle, but I guess Moyes prefers an average Valencia to an unpredictable Januzaj.
Every time we had the ball we played to the other side of the pitch when Januzaj came on. He moved left, we played down the right, he moved right, we played it to Young. Was disappointing.

I honestly expect him to one day get to the touchline and pass it back to DDG.

Every time we had the ball we played to the other side of the pitch when Januzaj came on. He moved left, we played down the right, he moved right, we played it to Young. Was disappointing.

That's because Young was coming deep and showing for it to be played short. Whenever Smalling had the ball Januzaj was nowhere to be seen and at one point Smalling tried a ball over the top to find him.

He didn't react because he had no time to do it.

Are you afraid of giving Valencia some credit ?

I've given him some, I'm not going to pretend David De Gea wouldnt have dived to try and save a header almost a foot inside his post if Antonio Valencia wasnt there. De Gea has excellent reactions as we saw tonight, but when theres a brick shithouse standing next to you only a lunatic will dive at it headfirst.

Status
Not open for further replies.