Antonio Valencia | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bc6fU-2CQAA5LHb.jpg

The one "success" was the one behind Welbeck and above his head which led to him having to attempt a ridiculous overhead which went out for a throw. He's basically 0/13

I agree, he's been frustrating for a looong time, but how can his biggest critics explain the fact that, despite being totally shit, Ferguson 'insisted on playing him' and Moyes has been doing the same?

He's basically our main player in setup were playing right now. Which is either sad or hilarious. Probably both.

Very frustrating as you can see he can beat Rose but his crossing is so poor. I mean he might have had one or two decent passes but as a proportion of the poor ones they must be very low. I mean fair enough when he gets a corner but I'd much rather see him trying to run in towards the box and draw a foul than constantly just whack and hope.
This is correct. But he is clearly under instructions to fire the cross in.

Last season we gave out that he was holding onto the ball too long, now he seems to be releasing it too fast.

Rafael is crucial to our buildup play. Everytime he is out our right flank underperforms. I think Valencia really needs to pick it up in the second half and actually find someone with his cross for once. Either that or beat the fullback.

Rafael is crucial to our buildup play. Everytime he is out our right flank underperforms. I think Valencia really needs to pick it up in the second half and actually find someone with his cross for once. Either that or beat the fullback.

He's automatically not good enough if he needs the fullback's help to get a cross in

This is correct. But he is clearly under instructions to fire the cross in.

Last season we gave out that he was holding onto the ball too long, now he seems to be releasing it too fast.

Could be tactical but I'm sure Moyes would have said to pick someone out as well, even last season although it wasn't as rapid his crossing was similarly poor and seemingly just a hit and hope.

The one "success" was the one behind Welbeck and above his head which led to him having to attempt a ridiculous overhead which went out for a throw. He's basically 0/13

What about the Smalling chance, and the ball over the top for Welbeck earlier in the game. If you are going to post stats about a game that is less then an hour old, at least post some accurate ones.

What about the Smalling chance, and the ball over the top for Welbeck earlier in the game. If you are going to post stats about a game that is less then an hour old, at least post some accurate ones.

Wasn't me posting stats. I was just commenting on that the one success in the diagram was actually a poor cross.
Welbeck ball over the top was a ball over the top, not a cross...

The worst thing is I am afraid Moyes thinks the same way as the numpties commentating who are saying he's having a good game by smashing lots of crosses into a Spurs player.

He isn't our level, not even close, if you're going to build your play around wide players at least make sure you have good ones.

Why or why does he keep getting picked. It happened last season where he was constantly shite, and it's happening this season too. It's the same thing over and over and we seemingly set up to play through him judging by the amount of the ball he sees despite every cross just smacking in the first man. I'd play Young over him at this point he's become that frustrating. Seriously think we should get rid in the summer and bring someone in the replace him.

Best thing he did all season was getting suspended.

Shame he didn't manage to stay out for longer.

He can't feck right off for all I care. fecking terrible going forward, absolutely clueless. Cost us this game because of his lack of knowing how to cross then falling asleep for their goal. Its infuriating seeing him in our shirt.

I know right back isn't his position, but the way he just fell asleep for their second goal - crazy.

The last 18 months of football from him have been among the worst I've ever seen from anyone. Absolute and complete liability. Hope he's dropped for good now.

The ultimate definition of a one-season wonder. Nothing player.

The last 18 months of football from him have been among the worst I've ever seen from anyone. Absolute and complete liability. Hope he's dropped for good now.

He's had good spells. However like Ashley Young, the bad outweigh the good moments.

Also, why does David Moyes think the wonder solution to all our issues is to take off our RB, put Valencia there and bring on someone else to play on the wing.

Just fecking take the carthorse off.

It's not his fault really, there's someone playing him, someone giving him access to the starting eleven.

He has his moments but I have honestly never thought he was good enough for us. There have been periods where he's shown some form but its never been enough.

He's shit.

An injured Nani with one leg should be starting ahead of Valencia - or at least Young!!!!

The worst thing is he'll start the next game despite getting a stupid red card, costing us a goal and creating feck all in his last two games. In fairness, he's not a RB so you can forgive him the goal, it's more the complete and utter lack of end product in the last two seasons which is the issue.

Just sell him. We've adapted back to 442 for this guy and he just is not good enough. He can't contribute productively in the final third.

Cost us at RB twice this season, Everton and today. Pointless and the worst thing is this:

needs to leave along with Young, Nani and Anderson. He is a very limited player. He pissed me off by continually slowing down play especially when he moved to rightback.

Status
Not open for further replies.