Antonio Valencia | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not a right back, I don't know why he keeps getting played there. He keeps losing track of the guy he's supposed to be marking. I'm not sure when the manager will take the clue and stop playing him there.

Apart from that, he was awful. Absolutely awful.

Cost us at RB twice this season, Everton and today. Pointless and the worst thing is this:

:lol:

Okay enough of this Valencia cross cross cross cross nonsense. Seriously. It's horrific to watch. I don't care if it's the united way. It's pathetic to watch as a fan. Also, he's terrible at it.

It's depressing because he's still going to start against Swansea

He's had at most 5 good games over the last two years.

His crossing consists of hitting it as hard as possible into the box and crossing his fingers.

If football was about running in straight lines up and down the pitch he'd be the best player in tbe world. As soon as he has something other than running in a straight line to do, he shits himself.

:lol:

Okay enough of this Valencia cross cross cross cross nonsense. Seriously. It's horrific to watch. I don't care if it's the united way. It's pathetic to watch as a fan. Also, he's terrible at it.

Actually that may explain why most of his crosses end up with the keeper.

Why or why does he keep getting picked. It happened last season where he was constantly shite, and it's happening this season too. It's the same thing over and over and we seemingly set up to play through him judging by the amount of the ball he sees despite every cross just smacking in the first man. I'd play Young over him at this point he's become that frustrating. Seriously think we should get rid in the summer and bring someone in the replace him.

He is quick, maintains width on the right hand side which creates space in the middle, decent defensively, can revert to right back, has a good attitude, and apart from Januzaj is no worse then United's other wide options.

He is quick, maintains width on the right hand side which creates space in the middle, decent defensively, can revert to right back, has a good attitude, and apart from Januzaj is no worse then United's other wide options.

fecking questionable. And taking into account the amount of game time he's had to gain some sort of form I'd say he's been worse than the likes of Nani and maybe even Young.

The only difference between him and Bebe is the reward they get for their shite crosses.

It's just soul destroying wing play. Very few players in our squad are trusted more than he is and he's seriously letting himself and us down. I can't believe how ineffective he's become. He's putting in the graft but winning football matches needs more craft at the highest level. Opponents have found him out and pretty much our gameplan as we keep feeding it to him at every available opportunity. I can't justify him as an automatic starter and it's baffling our managers do so.

He also becomes our 2nd option at RB when we want to go full attack. But defensively he's been having costly brain farts as well. Everywhere we put him, he's letting us down.

I actually think sticking a now retired 40 year old Beckham on the wing would be a better option.

Why or why does he keep getting picked. It happened last season where he was constantly shite, and it's happening this season too. It's the same thing over and over and we seemingly set up to play through him judging by the amount of the ball he sees despite every cross just smacking in the first man. I'd play Young over him at this point he's become that frustrating. Seriously think we should get rid in the summer and bring someone in the replace him.

He is quick, maintains width on the right hand side which creates space in the middle, decent defensively, can revert to right back, has a good attitude, and apart from Januzaj is no worse then United's other wide options.[/quote]

fecking questionable. And taking into account the amount of game time he's had to gain some sort of form I'd say he's been worse than the likes of Nani and maybe even Young.

Do you seriously believe if Valencia did not play a single game this season, United would be any better points wise?

Do you seriously believe if Valencia did not play a single game this season, United would be any better points wise?

Yep. Valencia's good contributions probably only extend to a handful of games. If him not playing meant Januzaj would have started the games he didn't this season, and Nani got a consistent run to at least see if he could get some form then chances are we would easily got a few more points.

He is also probably our most applauded player at Old Trafford, I bet thinks he is playing well because of the applauds.

There's no doubt about that. He's a liability, creates feck all despite having every player in the United team feed him passes for the entire game.

He's so one dimensional, all he now offers us in attack is crosses into the box and he's not even good at this.

Players wouldn't cross the ball when they know it'll be blocked but the just hoofing against a defender at every opportunity for a corner just shows a horrible lack of belief.

Definitely needs to be properly benched for a bit. Can still beat players down the line but only puts in a good ball against weaker teams atm. If he can't pick someone out then he needs to at least try and take people on in towards the box and try to open things up. Either way regardless of what he can do to improve, just looking at Januzaj in the second half and how he dealt with the space he was being given shows the gulf in level of performance. I've said it before but for some reason of all our players he is the one to be able to consistently put ineffectual performances, or seriously make the least of the space that's created for him and still stay in the team.

Why do people think he can revert to right back? Because people have picked him there? He makes a brain fart that costs a goal almost every time he's picked there. Doesn't seem to me like he can revert to that position at all. Same with welbeck on the wing. He doesn't score/assist/make chances out there, so why do they think he can do a job there when he consistently can't? He just impress on training against the likes of young and kagawa on the wings so the managers think he can do well at right back. He can't. Never could.

Why do people think he can revert to right back? Because people have picked him there? He makes a brain fart that costs a goal almost every time he's picked there. Doesn't seem to me like he can revert to that position at all. Same with welbeck on the wing. He doesn't score/assist/make chances out there, so why do they think he can do a job there when he consistently can't? He just impress on training against the likes of young and kagawa on the wings so the managers think he can do well at right back. He can't. Never could.

Because SAF played him there on a couple of occasions and he didn't look like a complete shit like he did today and against Everton. Not saying he is one myself but he shouldn't be making such braindead mistakes.

Yep. Valencia's good contributions probably only extend to a handful of games. If him not playing meant Januzaj would have started the games he didn't this season, and Nani got a consistent run to at least see if he could get some form then chances are we would easily got a few more points.

Januzaj is not going to be playing every game because the management fear burn out in his first season. Nani started 4 league games in row ( 3 at home and 1 away) against mid table to bottom 10 sides this season, and has no goals and no assists to show for it. That leaves United with Young. Unless Moyes is going to upgrade the wide positions in the near future, the options are not as exiting as you think.

Quickness - means nothing when you have only one option which 99% results in a misplaced cross.

Creation of space in the middle - maybe, but given that we don't exploit it because we always switch out resulting in the above scenario, this benefit is rarely seen.

Decent defensive skills - quite possibly, but hardly a good enough reason to merit starting for Manchester United.

Reversion to right back - a position where he is even more useless....

Good attitude - Buttner seems to have a good attitude as well.

No worse than other options - I actually think Young offers more (which is hardly an endorsement of Young); Kagawa can play on the left, with Januzaj on the right; we do have a guy called Zaha, who might be worth having a look at.

What is truly astounding is our continual insistence on playing players out of position. It's like some total football for retards. To be fair to Moyes, SAF also indulged in this weird fetish.

Why is so much of our gameplan based around him ? I don't really get it. You base your tactic around a players like messi, Ronaldo, xavi etc or even toure, ozil, suarez etc. But our main outlet which we go through almost as a natural tactic is Antonio Valencia. How does that even make sense? This obsession with crossing the ball is the only reason I personally can think of. Maybe we see that as the ideal way to attack and hence need Valencia to make it work usually?!

They give the ball to him then all pile into the box. It's archaic football. He is one of the most limited footballers I can ever recall playing at this club.

He's a dinosaur of a player and United continue to sacrifice the entire team coming into the 21st century to accommodate him in the side. It's baffling until you consider that Sir Alex was a bit of a dinosaur himself tactically and Moyes is hardly an improvement.

It's funny because as diabolical as he was in the second half when he switched to right-back, he's ridiculed for his crossing which was actually ok in the first half everytime he got a chance to cross.

It's funny because as diabolical as he was in the second half when he switched to right-back, he's ridiculed for his crossing which was actually ok in the first half everytime he got a chance to cross.

ok? It was fecking abysmal and an embarrassment

You mean the 30 times he hit his defender?

Pointless and the worst thing is this:

Poor Tony, working on crossing. With de Gea...

cdSkwAL.jpg

ok? It was fecking abysmal and an embarrassment
From the top of my head I remember three dangerous crosses. One which Januzaj was going to score from but their defender glanced it for a corner, second that Rooney almost slided home and one to Welbeck that got cleared at the last minute. The fact he had a horror second half doesn't mean he had to be terrible in the first half you know.

From the top of my head I remember three dangerous crosses. One which Januzaj was going to score from but their defender glanced it for a corner, second that Rooney almost slide home and one to Welbeck that got cleared at the last minute. The fact he had a horror second half doesn't mean he had to be terrible in the first half you know.

His 2nd half was better. At least he didn't stop bring all our attacks to a complete grinding halt

Wrong. His second half was abysmal as he provided feck all overlapping and had a big hand in their second goal. In the first half he managed to dribble past two men at least a couple of times and put three good crosses which is an improvement by his crossing standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.