Antonio Valencia | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
fecking hell. I was livid with him for kicking the ball away - he was an idiot for doing that, but to call him a cretin? Embarrassing. Can't believe a United fan has called him that.

Plus, some hoped he received extra punishment by seeing a 2 game ban - fecking hell.

fecking hell. I was livid with him for kicking the ball away - he was an idiot for doing that, but to call him a cretin? Embarrassing. Can't believe a United fan has called him that.

Plus, some hoped he received extra punishment by seeing a 2 game ban - fecking hell.
He's been lambasted for games he's been decent in, what can you expect after a game in which he was red carded?

I wasn't hoping, I was expecting two games due to him reaching 5 bookings and then a red card in the same game.

I wasn't hoping, I was expecting two games due to him reaching 5 bookings and then a red card in the same game.

I didn't direct it to you, because I asked the same question as well. I'm not sure how that rule makes any sense but I'm glad he's not missing two games anyway.

I was directing it to the group of people who clearly expressed their delight at the potential thought of having two games with, an already injury-hit squad, without another player.

Take from the official site:

How often do you practise crossing? @noppatjakEvery day. It’s something I spend a lot of time working on and most days I stay behind after training to do extra practice with David [De Gea] and a couple of other teammates. It’s something I really enjoy.

He used to be awesome at crossing a couple of years ago so lets hope the extra training pays off in 2014.

Take from the official site:

He used to be awesome at crossing a couple of years ago so lets hope the extra training pays off in 2014.

Well it does not show on the pitch. Maybe he should practice a new technique.

So why did Luiz get a yellow card yesterday and have new years day off, if the slate would have been wiped clean on the very same day? If that makes any sense.

2010 was the period when every valencia crosses will end up at rooney's head. he seems to prefer hitting it hard and low these days, but i realized that he was trying to cross it like 2010 at villa park. i hope he can just changed and mixed his crossing a bit.

I'd say I hope he can just cross!

ibjoIFHfR5hBNS.gif

From last December, yes, but it is how I've seen Valencia for a long time...

His biggest problem appears to be confidence. In 2010 he would just burn up the right hand side by fearlessly taking the left back on. Remember when we beat Wolves 5-0 a year or two back? His role in the counter attack for his goal was perfectly executed, knew what he wanted to do and did it well, including a great finish.

Now he seems to doubt himself. Remember last season, the win at Anfield? I remember him doing well to intercept a pass and sprint into the box, where he then scared the shit out of me by not knowing what to do with it. He won a penalty, perhaps fortunately, but for me it summed up the second guessing we've seen from him for nearly 2 years now. I don't want to blame injuries since his most impressive form came after his ankle injury against Rangers, but is it possible his injuries have taken their collective toll slightly and contributed to his poor form?

He hasn't been anywhere near as bad as the match day thread has made out 2 of his crosses have actually been dangerous.

He hasn't been great but he's got zero fecking options when he has the ball.

1 cross out of 13 has hit the right target, thus far. It's a dire sight for a team renowned for its wingers.

He's been doing this all season and still starts day after day. He's had 3 good performances against shite left backs and the rest have been this pile of predictability. His genuinely dreadful season last time has really lowered the benchmark for a good valencia performance. In reality he's been awful for two seasons.

It's not his fault that we're the only top side in Europe with an antiquated obsession with wing play and thus our entire gameplan revolves around him, but it's utterly depressing that it does.

Sucks the life out of the game. Partnering him with Smalling just takes it to another level.

We'll only have a few more months of him, if it makes you feel any better. He hasn't been good for about three years now.

He's been shite. End of.

What makes it worse is we keep on passing the ball to him

It's fecking depressing watching a footballer as limited as him turn out day in day out for United.

Genuinely on the level of people like Matt Jarvis, probably worse.

It's not his fault our entire gameplan revolves around him, but it's utterly depressing that it does.

This.

If he had been one of many offensive weapons then he'd be isolated against the full back much more often.

As it is it's basically him, or a set piece or a piece of genius from Januzaj or Rooney. Horrific.

Moyes hasn't done any work at all on our attacking game from open play as far as I can see.

Opta claiming he made 13 crosses with one classified as "good". Enough said, pls put him to RB

Sucks the life out of the game. Partnering him with Smalling just takes it to another level.

This. Valencia has been bad enough but when you team him with Smalling you create a right flank that is a loss to the whole side. We are attacking with 8...

Very frustrating as you can see he can beat Rose but his crossing is so poor. I mean he might have had one or two decent passes but as a proportion of the poor ones they must be very low. I mean fair enough when he gets a corner but I'd much rather see him trying to run in towards the box and draw a foul than constantly just whack and hope.

He is one of the most infuriating players I have ever watched... Why does Moyes insist on playing him?!

He's fecking useless. There's no other way to put it. Of course he'll continue to start for us.

Opta claiming he made 13 crosses with one classified as "good". Enough said, pls put him to RB

But with Soldado and Adebayor we need Smalling to help win the aerial battles especially if the CB's get dragged towards the left due to Lennon beating Evra. Might be something we have to chance if it's getting late with no change but think it would be a bit risky now.

I don't know what's worse, we playing most of our passes to him, or actually that he is regular in our first XI.

He only works with Rafael who offers him support while attacking. Not good enough for United even as a squad player. Sell him

Status
Not open for further replies.