Antonio Valencia | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daft to have done it but I thought he did okay otherwise. We all have daft moments where we lose out cool for a moment. I don't think it's fair to criticise him beyond that. Generally he is one our most selfless and disciplined players. It was just completely out of character.

I know everybody will wish Fabio to start the Norwich game, and it'll always be Jones or Smalling.

EDIT: Didn't know Jones is out. Smalling then.

We put so much trust in him and he really let the team down today. He stays in the team no matter what form he's in. You wonder why we don't give the same amount of opportunities to others. Ashley Young's time on the right wing was more productive than his.

Anyway that was such a silly sending off at a crucial time. It almost cost us the win.

Really stupid red card, and not in bad period of the year too. Poor performance too, but won't take anything against him because he played out of position.

Well lets be fair, Young came to the right hand side and we finally saw some of the good crossing we knew he was capable of before we signed him but had been almost completely missing when hes played on the left.

I think that too.

To be fair the whole team looked frustrated as hell today.

No wonder, some decisions this match were fecking baffling. Almost as Oliver closed his bloody eyes today and decided to make some kind of nursery rhyme in order to decide what goes which way. Not going to blame him for the first goal ( that was from a phantom corner ), overall, he was shite and Moyes was going apeshit on the sideline.

Moyes was going nuts at Elmohamady for suggesting Evra dived in the box and at Adnan for staying down and tempting fate after he didnt get a freekick and had already gone down easily on a challenge before. Not so much the ref

Really silly to get that 2nd yellow. On positive note, will be fresh for Spurs game :D

Silly red but some of the reaction and comments over him are pathetic.

Totally agree. And the commentators spoke as if he would have been the sole reason had we not got the 3 points. There were numerous things worthy of analysis in our play..and for that matter, Rooney could've been off and Adnan (for a dive of sorts)

Silly moment at the end, he was ok other than that given he was playing out of position, although I actually think it helps him in attack to just have to overlap rather than take on a fullback.

second red card for him in the Premier league... next one will be like in 3 years so its all right. Lucky Hull didn't score, because he would have been sent to the media slaughter.

No wonder, some decisions this match were fecking baffling. Almost as Oliver closed his bloody eyes today and decided to make some kind of nursery rhyme in order to decide what goes which way. Not going to blame him for the first goal ( that was from a phantom corner ), overall, he was shite and Moyes was going apeshit on the sideline.
Yup. I don't think boss will blame Valencia too much after today... I mean even such patient man like David Moyes had enough of Oliver's bullshit.

No excuses for kicking the ball away but it was never a foul in the first place

He had a decent game bar getting himself sent off. Though doing that was just dumb. As he was already suspended for a game due to having five yellows, does the red basically not mean anything or will he pick up an extra game out as well?

I too want to know the answer to Dargonk's question!

He was on 5 bookings anyway, so... Is there an extra game for the red?

I too want to know the answer to Dargonk's question!

He was on 5 bookings anyway, so... Is there an extra game for the red?

I hope he gets an extra match for that stupid foul. United players are required to conduct themselves by a very high standard. Valencia on a yellow card & kicking the ball away is a let down. His action could have cost us 2 points.

I hope he gets an extra match for that stupid foul. United players are required to conduct themselves by a very high standard. Valencia on a yellow card & kicking the ball away is a let down. His action could have cost us 2 points.
:lol:

Overreaction and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.