Antoine Griezmann| Signs a new contract till 2022

Will we sign Griezmann this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't take much to knock the stuffing out of a muppet, does it. This thread is about as busy as a paedophile's funeral.

Don't understand actually, so after the ban hit Atletico we were forced to buy the whole buyout close and the club ruled from it ?

Also worth noting, he's on about £112k/week right now where will be paying just below 300k/wk. Not only does he want to move, but he is financially incentivized to do so.

Don't know how to embed it but you've got to be on a wind up surely![/QUOTE]why did he have to wear a kit to promote a watch,that short is definitely ours..

Also worth noting, he's on about £112k/week right now where will be paying just below 300k/wk. Not only does he want to move, but he is financially incentivized to do so.
Also worth noting the Spanish and French press have said nothing on this yet.

I am sure this is just delaying tactics so United can contact Drake or whomever (sorry dont follow any of them artists), arrange the sets for the unveiling music video or whatever and shoot the video a'la Pogba of last season.

The "news" coming in are just create more hype about his impending arrival.

:D

How is this not really obvious to people?

This briefing happened straight after the CAS decision. If we were willing to pay the 100m buyout clause we would have done it.

Clearly we were trying to negotiate with atletico to either pay a reduced fee or pay it over many years. The CAS ruling screwed that chance.

The idea we have cooled off interest because of ibras injury? What the injury that happened 2 months ago?

Since when do people believe anything that comes out of utd regarding transfers?

We're not willing/cant afford release clause in one lump sum, as soon as it became clear that was the only option, suddenly we are not 'as interested'.

Nothing else to see here
I think you've got it right. But I'd also add that in the event of us not being able to add a good striker to the squad, we'll trigger Griezmann's clause later in the window anyway.

I expect us to sign him very late in August

Can the poll be closed after today? I feel like this is a major turning point in the transfer and has separated the true believers from the wetters.

Can't put up because on my phone but apprently L'Equipe are saying this is all a marketing ploy by Utd and we still want him? Someone tweeted a French journalist speaking French about it .

Plus Atletico only face a ban until January. They can buy players this summer but they can't register them until January.
It's not like he'd be leaving them in dire straights or anything like that

Exactly, and I point out again that it's their fault they're in this situation which affects Antoines chances of winning trophies, so I'd think it would push him out, not make him stay.

People confusing how rich our club is with how cash rich we are for transfers this summer.

We have lots of money but that money isn't necessarily sat in a bank waiting to drop. We tend to negotiate our transfers fees over time rather in immediate full deposits.

An immediate payment in full would most likely affect how we approach other targets and offer finance packages with them. The implications are far and wide.
I really don't think that'll make much difference, we can always take a loan.

So it'll just cost a few more percent a year even if they wanted the whole fee upfront.

I am sure this is just delaying tactics so United can contact Drake or whomever (sorry dont follow any of them artists), arrange the sets for the unveiling music video or whatever and shoot the video a'la Pogba of last season.

The "news" coming in are just create more hype about his impending arrival.

:D

Can't put up because on my phone but apprently L'Equipe are saying this is all a marketing ploy by Utd and we still want him? Someone tweeted a French journalist speaking French about it .
The big unveiling is nigh. Have faith muppet ones!:D:D

If Zlatan is coming back, we could definitely get by with Griezmann as a 9 for 4-6 months if Rashford doesn't start the season in form as our 9.

My only hope of this is the briefing of "United no longer see Griezmann as a priority" is because it's already been done.

It'd be a disaster if we truly stopped going for him in favor of Lukaku

It's like last year, one fan asked Pogba if he's staying and Pogba just grunted 'yes' begrudgingly and immediately loads said it was off.

This move makes too much sense not to happen IMO. If we sign him so be it, if not then I hope we do everything possible to get someone of a similar ilk.

What would be the benefit for the player and club if they announced it today? We've seen with Pogba and Ibrahimovic that if we're going to spend that kind of money we'll milk it. They are just having fun. It's not fun for the fans but that's how it is. I'm surprised we're not linked to muller who had a poor season but him and Griezmann would be a pretty good summer. Could still happen. You just never know.

Be very strange if this wasn't still on... makes no sense this briefing. We already knew Zlatan was injured for a while now - all of a sudden we're using this as an excuse? Didn't Jose say he already handed his list to Ed in March?

All very strange.

And then the 'Jose watch advert' yesterday, this Griezz guy taking the piss now:lol:

The big unveiling is nigh. Have faith muppet ones!:D:D

Sorry to get anyone excited but the guy who tweeted it has now taken it down. He did two separate tweets one quoting LeQuipe then another with a link to a video on their site but the video is a month old and it's just someone stating he is a marketing dream.

Griezmann said his future will be decided within 2 weeks, I doubt this is a saga which will drag on till July/August. It'll be decided one way or the other within this week, we'll either pay the release clause in lump sum or he'll end up signing a new contract which will buff his wages and increase his buyout.

They won't be able to hold on to an unhappy player and eventually they will come to the negotiating table regarding the payment structure of his buyout. This is probably going to be another saga.

They won't be able to hold on to an unhappy player and eventually they will come to the negotiating table regarding the payment structure of his buyout. This is probably going to be another saga.

Nothing suggests he's not happy, though. I think he'll be fine in either way whether he remains or joins us.

But, if we surrendered from the deal because of the ban , I suspect us to try again to sign him next summer.

Griezmann said his future will be decided within 2 weeks, I doubt this is a saga which will drag on till July/August. It'll be decided one way or the other within this week, we'll either pay the release clause in lump sum or he'll end up signing a new contract which will buff his wages and increase his buyout.
His future could be decided within 2 weeks (or 1 week now), and it could still drag on. What a player considers as his future being decided is different than making everything official. Pogba's future was decided a month (some might say a couple of months, maybe even mroe) before it was official.

Status
Not open for further replies.