Antoine Griezmann| Signs a new contract till 2022

Will we sign Griezmann this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this not really obvious to people?

This briefing happened straight after the CAS decision. If we were willing to pay the 100m buyout clause we would have done it.

Clearly we were trying to negotiate with atletico to either pay a reduced fee or pay it over many years. The CAS ruling screwed that chance.

The idea we have cooled off interest because of ibras injury? What the injury that happened 2 months ago?

Since when do people believe anything that comes out of utd regarding transfers?

We're not willing/cant afford release clause in one lump sum, as soon as it became clear that was the only option, suddenly we are not 'as interested'.

Nothing else to see here

You think United were hanging on one of the most obvious decisions ever...Atletico had five times more infractions than Real Madrid. Atletico seem to have a conveyor belt of talent that they sell off for massive profit, it was obvious that their transfer policy was specifically to make money whereas Madrid and Barca wanted players that would go on to be long term players for them.

I agree. I do think he will sign, but perhaps next summer. If he does stick around for a year at Atletico that tells me his character is top drawer.
I don't see why he should stick around just because Atletico couldn't do transfers properly and got themselves banned

I think I'm just going to take the mind set he isn't coming now to protect myself and then if he does it will be a pleasant surprise.

As Di Marzio said yesterday, Griezmann is our 3rd target behind Morata and Mbappe.

In case Morata to Milan, Mbappe staying at Monaco or go to Madrid/City, we will go back to Griezmann because 1st and 2nd target were not able to recruit.

Lukaku and Belotti were never mentioned with United by Di Marzio.

The problem is why United briefing all the UK journalist just after Atletico transfer ban has been upheld. Is there some agreement between United, Atletico and Griezmann if its happen?

I honestly don't believe Zlatan's injury is the reason of United cool their interest on Griezmann on recent weeks. United can absolutely afford to buy a no.9 and Griezmann at the same time.

It's impossible to know what is going on here.

Maybe we have hanged our minds.

Maybe other targets have opened up.

Maybe it's a negotiating stance on wages.

Who fecking knows.

There aren't many players out there that we can reasonable target that are of his calibre.

Maybe you put the kiss of death on it by declaring it one of your fabled "done deals".

As Di Marzio said yesterday, Griezmann is our 3rd target behind Morata and Mbappe.

In case Morata to Milan, Mbappe staying at Monaco or go to Madrid/City, we will go back to Griezmann because 1st and 2nd target were not able to recruit.

Lukaku and Belotti were never mentioned with United by Di Marzio.

The problem is why United briefing all the UK journalist just after Atletico transfer ban has been upheld. Is there some agreement between United, Atletico and Griezmann if its happen?

I honestly don't believe Zlatan's injury is the reason of United cool their interest on Griezmann on recent weeks. United can absolutely afford to buy a no.9 and Griezmann at the same time.
I don't think it's Zlatans injury, it's his actual decision to move on from United that's made us look for a no.9. There was a tweet a week ago Jose wanted Zlatan to wait til he's fit to make a decision on his future, guess he's made his mind up and Jose isn't going to get that extra year out of Ibrahimovic.

I don't think it's Zlatans injury, it's his actual decision to move on from United that's made us look for a no.9. There was a tweet a week ago Jose wanted Zlatan to wait til he's fit to make a decision on his future, guess he's made his mind up and Jose isn't going to get that extra year out of Ibrahimovic.

Raoila was basically saying yesterday though that if United want Zlatan he'll stay so that doesn't make sense either.

We'd have been crazy to not get a #9 all on the hopes that Ibra would recover quickly, recover fully and choose to stay eventually. I have no doubt we've been in for a frontman since his injury and Koeman's rant in April is confirmation for me that we approached Lukaku. This has nothing to do with Zlatan and everything to do with CAS.

Don't know how to embed it but you've got to be on a wind up surely!

Well, he is wearing long sleeves. And the shorts and socks are clearly black, same as our new away kit. Who knows he takes off the trenchcoat and shows us he is wearing our new long-sleeved away kit! Everyone mind blown.

People confusing how rich our club is with how cash rich we are for transfers this summer.

We have lots of money but that money isn't necessarily sat in a bank waiting to drop. We tend to negotiate our transfers fees over time rather in immediate full deposits.

An immediate payment in full would most likely affect how we approach other targets and offer finance packages with them. The implications are far and wide.

Well, he is wearing long sleeves. And the shorts and socks are clearly black, same as our new away kit. Who knows he takes off the trenchcoat and shows us he is wearing our new long-sleeved away kit! Everyone mind blown.

The slow reveal will complete by August.

He'll be signed by mid-August.

Some of you lot need stronger stomachs. It's day 1 of the window, ffs!

Raoila was basically saying yesterday though that if United want Zlatan he'll stay so that doesn't make sense either.
That's interesting, I haven't seen those quotes. I think we wanted one more season out of Zlatan, sign Griezmann then go for a no.9 next summer.

We'd have been crazy to not get a #9 all on the hopes that Ibra would recover quickly, recover fully and choose to stay eventually. I have no doubt we've been in for a frontman since his injury and Koeman's rant in April is confirmation for me that we approached Lukaku. This has nothing to do with Zlatan and everything to do with CAS.
I agree, I thought we'd have gone for a ST and Griezmann or Griezmann and LW and play Martial as ST. What's CAS?

Is about to receive a contract extention according to a Madrid radio station.

News @RobertoGomezOC Griezmann will receive a proposal of expansion and renewal of contract from Atletico in the next hours

News @RobertoGomezOC Griezmann will receive a proposal of expansion and renewal of contract from Atletico in the next hours

Jesus H. Christ

Are people seriously thinking that till yesterday greizmann was intent on leaving making statements left right and centre and today when a ruling that had 99% chance that it was going to be upheld suddenly made him love the club? That angle makes 0 sense. Sure greizmann likes the club but it's senseless that he wound up this idea knowing fully well of the transfer ban consequences.

This is just us posturing. Journos say yesterday this is happening along with a bunch of other journos and suddenly we put out a statement that greizmann isn't priority. My POV is that United are either

1. Giving wrong info out
2. Postponed the signing rather than not signing him because it's straightforward now.

Renewal of Contract when he already renewed a year ago...okay

Are people seriously thinking that till yesterday greizmann was intent on leaving making statements left right and centre and today when a ruling that had 99% chance that it was going to be upheld suddenly made him love the club? That angle makes 0 sense. Sure greizmann likes the club but it's senseless that he wound up this idea knowing fully well of the transfer ban consequences.

This is just us posturing. Journos say yesterday this is happening along with a bunch of other journos and suddenly we put out a statement that greizmann isn't priority. My POV is that United are either

1. Giving wrong info out
2. Postponed the signing rather than not signing him because it's straightforward now.

I think you may be on to something here.

An account with 3k followers quoting someone else with 2k.
Why do people fall for this?

Few things I have doubts about:

(1) Not sure why our club would care about AM's interest as to release a statement for their benefit that we will "cool" interest in light of their ban.

Reason: How does this benefit us? The club looks like a fool chasing a player for months and changing its mind. Fans get upset over a world class target being abandoned. Players like Pogba may feel we lack ambition, especially after the teasing he helped encourage.

(2) Why would AM insist on a full fee upfront?

Seems rather tax inefficient. They cannot spend the money due to the ban, and having a lump sum sit around is very economically inefficient as well - do they have fund managers or investment dudes to get returns on this? Makes no sense. are bank interest rates in Spain very high?

Seems like a negotiating tactic that is just a preliminary opener and won't be the deal breaker.

(3) Zlatan's injury being a factor. This is odd as he has been injured some time. Also no reason why we cannot pursue multiple targets at once. Doubt City began Ederson bargaining only after completing the Silva deal. Negotiations take a lot of time for such large deals. In my line of work, loan agreements for quantums smaller size than these transfer fees typically take weeks from start to end.

I find it hard to believe that Mourhino hasn't sorted out his targets and is still changing his mind at this point. Save for big curveballs (maybe Zlatan had a setback in recovery?), I do not think Mourhino will change targets suddenly.

I also trust that he has identified problem areas that need signings and areas where returning loanees will solve the problem. And also some areas are solvable by current players after upping their game/ gaining confidence / tweaks in tactics etc.

(4) Why Mbappe instead of Griezmann? If it is hard to fit in Griezmann, it is even harder to fit Mbappe into our team. Further, Griezmann has proven himself while Mbappe may still fall off. We would be paying mostly for potential if we buy Mbappe.. Youngsters may also not adapt well after leaving their comfort zone / sudden fame and pressure.

To end off, I really doubt United will sign a CB, a LB, a DM, a winger and 2 forwards as some have mentioned. Mourhino might as well quit and manage another team if that's what he wants. I really don't recall any other top team gut it's team the way some are wishing for and still end up successful..

Because someone like ballbag who has 925k followers can be trusted right?
If you're quoting these sources then who do you leave out? Having so few followers should tell you the success rate of an account that has 9k tweets and 3k followers.
It's bullshit and it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to work it out.

Jesus H. Christ
Calm your tits even pogba was offered one.

Its like no one remembers the Pogba saga. We are negotiating with the club. What are we negotiating ? more than likely the payment plan. I just read through 5 pages of meltdown. Christ you lads are weak. As @Acquire Me said, we arent fools. No way do we put so much work into this and then say feck it. Even if it doesnt happen i'm confident in Jose's contigency plans. We have until at least pre season to worry about getting him in i recon. Its like deja vu all over again. I just wonder who is the resident @ehsanul this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.