Antoine Griezmann| Catalunya Radio say Griezmann to Barcelona is done for €100m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it really loyalty though, or just good PR spin, because he didn't really want to join United at all, and was simply delaying so that a Barcelona deal could be sorted out?
I just feel that if he had any genuine interest in joining United he'd already be wearing the #7 shirt.

Don't agree. I saw him on French television in the summer ahead of the ban, he effectively acknowledged he was going to go to United. Everything that followed after in the summer didn't suggest any deception on his part

Could just be that he saw how both United & Barcelona were looking coupled with Barcelona showing interest and his head turned, if the current speculation is accurate of course. United makes a lot of sense on paper

@skykaveh
"FIFA confirm they've received complaint from Atletico Madrid about alleged illegal approach by Barcelona for striker Antoine Griezmann"
cant post tweets

I just feel that if he had any genuine interest in joining United he'd already be wearing the #7 shirt.

I've said this all along and said that he won't be joining us anytime soon.
Others believe he will be joining us this January and were very aggressive towards me, for even suggesting that he won't be joining us.

Surely he's been encouraging the pursuit? Otherwise why is his family meeting with Barca? Do you still complain to FIFA even if the player is complicit?

Anyway don't want him, better to spend that money on positions that need strengthening - plus he comes across as flaky - that mentality is not going to work at current United where there's no Alex Ferguson to shield players from the unbelievable pressure imho.

I was going through old news and Saw this

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...hester-united-face-transfer-gazumping-2968651

United scout David Friio is a fan of Antoine Griezmann, and now manager David Moyes has been to see the young striker in action

We should have signed him according to the recommendation from the scout when Griezmann was at Sociedad. But When Van Gaal came he ignored signing him and focused on Di Maria which I don't blame him actually for. It makes more sense to sign Di Maria on AG at that time.

I was going through old news and Saw this

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...hester-united-face-transfer-gazumping-2968651

United scout David Friio is a fan of Antoine Griezmann, and now manager David Moyes has been to see the young striker in action

We should have signed him according to the recommendation from the scout when Griezmann was at Sociedad. But When Van Gaal came he ignored signing him and focused on Di Maria which I don't blame him actually for. It makes more sense to sign Di Maria on AG at that time.
The same thing apparently happened when Moyes first came in and we didn't sign Thiago and Strootman. It's the problem with changing managers so regularly as transfer targets often don't align between different managers with totally different philosophies.

Relevant to this thread but if I were a Barça fan I wouldn't want to sign Coutinho as a midfielder, Arsenal are strolling around the gaps he's leaving in there.
It should be Antoine or Coutinho

Maybe it's just me, but I've never been that keen on signing him. Don't get me wrong, I'd take him, but I think it's more of a stylistic thing that I've never really taken to.

Maybe it's just me, but I've never been that keen on signing him. Don't get me wrong, I'd take him, but I think it's more of a stylistic thing that I've never really taken to.

I actually preferred the version of the player at La Real but not who I would want Barcelona to target

If United are to proceed with developing a front trio of Lukaku/Rash/Martial then I don’t see Griezmann as the ideal man to start behind that front line.

This transfer has sailed last summer but the media will love claiming how United have failed and he’s chosen Barca instead.

The Metro, Sun and Express all saying we are in for him in January. With three different reliable sources saying the same thing, I think that's confirmation that we will indeed sign Griezmann this month. Time to buy the shirt off the United store.

The Metro, Sun and Express all saying we are in for him in January. With three different reliable sources saying the same thing, I think that's confirmation that we will indeed sign Griezmann this month. Time to buy the shirt off the United store.
Woah back up... Your saying the sun the express and the metro are reliable sources...

I don't think we need him. We need a box to box cm, that will free up pogba.

With Coutinho looking increasingly Barca bound, are we back as favourites for Griezmann?

I’m still not sure. I could see Barca buying AG too, though their wage bill really is maxing out.

AG’s buyout clause looks a snip compared to the fees that top class attackers are now costing.

Barca also have Dembele coming back from injury, so I don't think they will go for Griezmann. It was probably all media rumours, as usual.

Griezmann was always said to be Suarez replacement, nothing changes whether they buy Coutinho or not IMO. Either way he's not what we need.

An important thing to remember...
Griezmann's release clause is currently set at €200m - It doesn't revert to €100m until the end of the season - So a January fee would likely be in the region of more than £150m

An important thing to remember...
Griezmann's release clause is currently set at €200m - It doesn't revert to €100m until the end of the season - So a January fee would likely be in the region of more than £150m

July 1st, actually - right smack in the middle of the WC

This. His antics in the summer and the months before were enough to stay away from him. Didn't want him then don't want him now. Feck this little bitch.

Wasn’t the reason he didn’t join is because of his loyalty to AM though, they got a transfer ban and wouldn’t be able to replace him.

So now they have coutinho and dembele( nearly 300mil paid for both of them), messi( with abnormal salary) and suarez.
Don't see griezmann going there now. Even if they sell suarez. So if griezmann really wants to leave it is us or nobody now.
We should buy him now. I will forgive him all this shit what happened with him:)

So now they have coutinho and dembele( nearly 300mil paid for both of them), messi( with abnormal salary) and suarez.
Don't see griezmann going there now. Even if they sell suarez. So if griezmann really wants to leave it is us or nobody now.
We should buy him now. I will forgive him all this shit what happened with him:)

Wait!

AG couldn't possibly leave poor little atleti without a striker for their next three games.

Next window is your window lad...

Apparently Barca still intend to go for him.

Their attitude is you can never have too many good players, so why wouldn't they if they can afford it?

Wait!

AG couldn't possibly leave poor little atleti without a striker for their next three games.

Next window is your window lad...
Good one. Love good old sarcasm. The best option is that we buy dybala and let him stink in atletico without titles.
But ag in real madrid wouldn't surprise me also. I know that ag loves atleti so much but :lol:

The summer purusit was club led and not Mourinho's intent? Then why did Mourinho want him when he was managing chelsea?

Considering the insane prices for players now, £86m for him will be a bit of a steal and I'm sure Woodward won't be able to look past that value.

The summer purusit was club led and not Mourinho's intent? Then why did Mourinho want him when he was managing chelsea?

Different circumstances?

I'd like to see him here still if Jose thinks he fits the plan but that doesn't seem the case.

Be surprised if he now ended up at Barca. after the signing of coutinho today.
I've not seen much of him ths season. When I watched him last season I didn' think he would suit our playing style and was not convinced.
If he was to arrive I hope he would be more clinical than what we've got.
How's he been fairing up and what position is he being played at this year.

Ballague was pretty insistent on SSN that they not only want him but will be signing him in the summer

Would you rather United get Griezmann as SS/RW or Dybala who’s 3 years younger (24)?

I was all in for AG but kind of lost interest after all the commotion and let down from the past Summer. Still believe he’s the better player compared to Dybala but looking at that age gap wouldn’t be surprised to see Dybala leapfrog him in the not so distant future.

Status
Not open for further replies.