Antoine Griezmann| Catalunya Radio say Griezmann to Barcelona is done for €100m

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had his chance, let him stay with his precious sunshine and go for the younger and better Dybala.

Betting those saying they don't care about signing him will change their tune after he tears it up in the World Cup

Just saw that he's looking to be paid £400,000 per week. I don't believe that. If he really thinks he's worth that then he's thicker than I thought.

He needs to jog on. Bloody hell, Rashford and Lingard have won more than him and he thinks he's worth that kind of money?
Want's to be paid a fortune to bottle another CL final.

400k a week

:lol::lol::lol:

That's nearly as ridiculous as us considering to sign Bale

Just saw that he's looking to be paid £400,000 per week. I don't believe that. If he really thinks he's worth that then he's thicker than I thought.

He needs to jog on. Bloody hell, Rashford and Lingard have won more than him and he thinks he's worth that kind of money?
Want's to be paid a fortune to bottle another CL final.
Yeah, and the way it was phrased by the mail is that it would take 400k to join US. He'd join Barca for a smaller amount.

If true, he should definitely jog on. Not the sort of attitude we should have at the club.

I don’t get why people are surprised about the £400k figure. Isn’t Pogba on like £350k? I’d expect Griezmann if he were to sign to end up between £300-400k.

Only thing wrong with that is that his clause doesn't go down to €100m until the summer. Right now we'd have to bid higher I think.
Pretty sure the clause went back to the normal amount once the deadline passed.

I don’t get why people are surprised about the £400k figure. Isn’t Pogba on like £350k? I’d expect Griezmann if he were to sign to end up between £300-400k.
He's also 26, 27 this year and most likely will have at least 5 years at top level. He's also north of £250k currently at Atletico I think.

Can't understand what is so surprising there...

I think he will go to Barcelona but I'm not bothered at this point. I find him somewhat annoying and I could never watch his silly celebration here.

I think he will go to Barcelona but I'm not bothered at this point. I find him somewhat annoying and I could never watch his silly celebration here.

Can they actually afford him after the Coutinho signing though?

I wanted him in the summer but given we signed Lukaku instead our need for his type of player now has lessened (he was always going to be a hard one to fit into the team anyway). We need to stop spending money on big names if they're the the wrong type of player

How can Barca afford him? If you include most of the virtually guaranteed add-ons for Coutinho & Dembele, they've already spent around £150m net, + Messi's ridiculous signing on fee, and now with Coutinho on board the wage bill as a proportion of turnover is probably hovering around a 90% FFS.

Of course if they could shift some fringe players things might be different, but they've shown an inability to sell their deadwood for any decent money in the past, and now teams know they are desperate to get rid of them to claw back the vast black hole in their wage bill. Consider the situation with a lot of these players as well:

Mascherano - Going to China it seems, under £10m
Vermaelen - Probably big wages for a fringe player, has barely played, 32, injury-prone, out of contract summer '19.
Gomes - Been in horrible form since he joined, lacked suitors in the summer when they tried to shop him
Turan - Big wages, 31, another they've been trying to shop for a while without success

Talk of them selling Suarez to get Griezmann in - who is going to take on his wages? Great player but his form has dipped a bit and another who's 31, the only teams who might be able to match his wages like City and PSG I doubt are going to be interested.

Can't see it happening at this stage, if they do get him though, Griezmann + Dembele + Coutinho is a helluva rebuild from losing Neymar.

Pretty sure the clause went back to the normal amount once the deadline passed.

The new clause was added in his contract renewal after he "rejected us" to stay at Atletico last summer. The clause goes back to normal once the summer transfer window opens again, according to the Atletico CEO: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/grie...tico-warn-barcelona/jjyoi5x69tx712hfmatsgqz70

"Griezmann departure isn't in our hands, but until summer is impossible to leave us."

Atletico will be able to pair Diego Costa with Griezmann in attack in the new year, when their FIFA player registration ban is lifted.

Gil Marin conceded putting together that all-star forward line has been no easy task, making him keen to renegotiate Griezmann's contract, which runs until 2022 and contains a release clause of €200m until July next year when it will become €100m.

I'm not sure where the £400k a week has come from. A quick google is only showing links to the absolute worst of the so-called 'news' sites. Almost certainly the usual media bullshit I would say, just tossing out a number. And yet of course people are jumping on it as fact.

In saying that, do people really think it's THAT overboard? Pogba is supposedly on about £300k a week. Griezmann is a more established player who is rated higher (coming third behind Ronaldo and Messi in the Ballon d'Or two years ago) than Pogba, so that would be his lowest limit. I doubt it would be £400k, but I'd expect it'd be at least as much as Pogba and probably a bit more.

Our worst case scenario will be Barcelona signing Griezmann and Madrid signing Dybala, thus losing both options. We must sign one of these two. I don't want a situation where we are going crazy for Bale. Landing one of dybala or Griezmann would be a coup.

Our worst case scenario will be Barcelona signing Griezmann and Madrid signing Dybala, thus losing both options. We must sign one of these two. I don't want a situation where we are going crazy for Bale. Landing one of dybala or Griezmann would be a coup.

Would Madrid be in for Dybala? Unless they view him as an alternative to Hazard?

Would Madrid be in for Dybala? Unless they view him as an alternative to Hazard?
They could very well go after him. We have to make our priorities very clear. I feel both the Spanish giants would be the first choice for most of these big names considering the weather and Hollywood esque life style.But we cannot go all.panic mode and end up losing both and then paying insane money for bale. Now that would be stupid if you ask me.

This guy is not in the form of his life but it's a bit silly to compare him to Lingard. His numbers might be worse but let's not kid ourselves, this guy is deadly in the box and knows how to create danger in all areas of the pitch. Sadly, due to recent crazy transfers i don't think 100M is enough to bring him here.

Saying we "must" sign one of those two is an exaggeration. There's a world of players out there we can still get to improve.

I'd be stunned if Griezmann ends up anywhere other than Barcelona. once those links get strong it's always pretty inevitable and some pretty reputable sources have been reporting it as if it's done already. He was the player I wanted most the previous summer but I've got to be honest - He's dropped off a ton this season and watching how we're operating right now I'm not sure he's the best fit.

Have we even been seriously linked to Dybala? I'd be stunned if he comes here. Yes we can offer him money and a star role but I can see him holding out for Madrid. The lure of the Spanish clubs seems to be ten-fold for South Americans. Even if he were to sign a few world class seasons and his head could be turned.

I do not want Bale. That much I know. But it's not the end of the world if we don't get either Griezmann or Dybala.

He had his chance, let him stay with his precious sunshine and go for the younger and better Dybala.
Agree with you. Likewise, the world has also moved on since last summer with the emergence of Lingard.

Like others, I’d rather allow Lingard the opportunity to prove his dramatic improvement is a genuine step up and not a purple patch in his career. If he can maintain his recent level of influence for the rest of the season, I don’t think we need Griezeman.

Saying we "must" sign one of those two is an exaggeration. There's a world of players out there we can still get to improve.

I'd be stunned if Griezmann ends up anywhere other than Barcelona. once those links get strong it's always pretty inevitable and some pretty reputable sources have been reporting it as if it's done already. He was the player I wanted most the previous summer but I've got to be honest - He's dropped off a ton this season and watching how we're operating right now I'm not sure he's the best fit.

Have we even been seriously linked to Dybala? I'd be stunned if he comes here. Yes we can offer him money and a star role but I can see him holding out for Madrid. The lure of the Spanish clubs seems to be ten-fold for South Americans. Even if he were to sign a few world class seasons and his head could be turned.

I do not want Bale. That much I know. But it's not the end of the world if we don't get either Griezmann or Dybala.

My whole point is we must have plan B. If we sign neither I really hope we atleast sign ozil and one winger ( don't know who). Honestly I am not a huge fan of griezmann and with him playing like some average player for almost a year, I feel we can do better than him which is where I think dybala could be a better option. Yes he could go to Spanish giants in some years but we can demand extreme money and I doubt his head would be turned in one or two season. We will get to have him playing for us in his peak just like pogba.

Apart from these two I don't know any other top attackers we can sign (who are available ).

Griezmann doesn't want to be here. It's as simple as that. If he did he would already be here. Like Mourinho said we need commited players and if you want to enjoy the weather then go to LA or somewhere like that. These rumours are getting tiring.

He's not really having the best of seasons. He's not on fire like he used to be, it's evident when you watch him play. It's a bit like Hazard at Chelsea. His stats for a CF (which is where he's been playing) are also quite a bit underwhelming at 8 goals and 6 assists in 1800+ minutes. Martial is showing better return playing from the wing.

It certainly raises questions over paying £100m for him and giving out a humongous contract. Especially since he doesn't seem to be keen to come here and we'd have trouble fitting him in.

He's not really having the best of seasons. He's not on fire like he used to be, it's evident when you watch him play. It's a bit like Hazard at Chelsea. His stats for a CF (which is where he's been playing) are also quite a bit underwhelming at 8 goals and 6 assists in 1800+ minutes. Martial is showing better return playing from the wing.

It certainly raises questions over paying £100m for him and giving out a humongous contract. Especially since he doesn't seem to be keen to come here and we'd have trouble fitting him in.
Agree. Would rather we sign Dybala.

Griezmann doesn't want to be here. It's as simple as that. If he did he would already be here. Like Mourinho said we need commited players and if you want to enjoy the weather then go to LA or somewhere like that. These rumours are getting tiring.
Couldn’t agree more and if it’s true that Mourinho never wanted him then good, hopefully Woodward might reign his neck in when it comes to this “Galactico” bullshit, lets sign players that the manager thinks will work for us and leave that circus bullshit to Real, Barcelona and PSG.

Barca are building a very impressive team!

Shows how much money you have to invest to stay on top.

How can Barca afford him? If you include most of the virtually guaranteed add-ons for Coutinho & Dembele, they've already spent around £150m net, + Messi's ridiculous signing on fee, and now with Coutinho on board the wage bill as a proportion of turnover is probably hovering around a 90% FFS.

Of course if they could shift some fringe players things might be different, but they've shown an inability to sell their deadwood for any decent money in the past, and now teams know they are desperate to get rid of them to claw back the vast black hole in their wage bill. Consider the situation with a lot of these players as well:

Mascherano - Going to China it seems, under £10m
Vermaelen - Probably big wages for a fringe player, has barely played, 32, injury-prone, out of contract summer '19.
Gomes - Been in horrible form since he joined, lacked suitors in the summer when they tried to shop him
Turan - Big wages, 31, another they've been trying to shop for a while without success

Talk of them selling Suarez to get Griezmann in - who is going to take on his wages? Great player but his form has dipped a bit and another who's 31, the only teams who might be able to match his wages like City and PSG I doubt are going to be interested.

Can't see it happening at this stage, if they do get him though, Griezmann + Dembele + Coutinho is a helluva rebuild from losing Neymar.

Masch to China frees up some wages
Vermaelen is actually doing well so i dont see us selling him
Gomes iirc we had clubs interested but we actually wanted to hold on to him :wenger:
Turan is a problem, we should probably just release him or something

I don't think we'll be able to sell Suarez, hes great friends with Messi and Coutinho, also I'm not sure who would buy him at this age with his wages. i think the one team everyone are overlooking is Madrid. they wouldn't have to deal with Atleti as they could pay his buyout clause next summer and it makes alot of sense to them considering how shit Benzema is

Yeah, and the way it was phrased by the mail is that it would take 400k to join US. He'd join Barca for a smaller amount.

If true, he should definitely jog on. Not the sort of attitude we should have at the club.
I know! Bloody cheek:lol:

Griezmann doesn't want to be here. It's as simple as that. If he did he would already be here.
He obviously would be here now if it weren't for Atletico getting the transfer ban. At such, it's wrong to say he doesn't want to be here. People go on about how much he played us around; there wasn't all that much difference between him before the transfer ban was announced and the likes of Pogba and Zlatan before they joined us. And then within literally two hours of the transfer ban being announced he came out and put it all to bed and instantly stopped any further rumours. It's obvious everything simply hinged on it. He felt enough loyalty to his manager/coaches/teammates and fans (none of whom did anything wrong) to want to stay with them at a time when leaving would make things difficult for them. A decision which I think he probably regrets now, as he hasn't seemed to be all that happy this season.

A better question would be 'are we his first choice'? I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. But all these other names that people are saying, how many do you reckon would list us as their first choice? I'm much more confident in saying Griezmann would list us as being in his top three than the majority of these other players. Maybe not first, but definitely one of the top.

How many better players are there who can improve us straight away?
If we go for the right profile, then we can find many players. That's where scouting and squad planning come into picture. Throwing money on players who don't deserve it doesn't work and we have been there. I am not even sure in which position he would play here.
What has griezmann done this season to warrant that much money? Its so sad to see that players look for the dollar in our club these days with no regards to anything else. Its better to move on and go for someone else, someone who really wants to be at utd and is of the level we desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.