Antoine Griezmann| Catalunya Radio say Griezmann to Barcelona is done for €100m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why drop Paulinho? Isn't he rattling the goals in?

He's more of a rotation option who is getting heavier minutes due to them mainly playing a hybrid 4-4-2 formation at the moment. He's been good though, i'm glad he's silencing the critics after the summer's events.

Barca will buy both Griezmann and Coutinho, not sure where this idea about us being broke comes from but we also still have Neymar money to spend. Suarez will probably be offloaded in the summer with the likes of Gomes, Rakitic etc

Dembele-Messi-Griezmann
----Coutinho-Arthur
-----------Busi

your not broke but your wages are massive and account for 80% of your income. For comparison Utd's wages are around 37% of our income. Remember you've already bought Dembele this season, his fee will rise to 135 million quid. Griezmann's buy out is around 90 million or so, Liverpool will be looking around 100-130 million for Coutinho. Plus you're favourites to get Arthur as well, he'll be 40-50 million they say. Like any club except City or PSG you have to balance the books. I don't see the players you list generating enough income to cover all those players listed.

Lost interest when it didn't happen in the summer. Don't really care how good/badly he's doing. I think it's hilarious to see someone stay with a club for a transfer ban when it's not like they were treated unfairly. They broke rules and cost themselves chances of winning, if it was me I would be MORE inclined to leave after it.

He is cheaper than coutinho witha fixed buyout it makes the transfer easy and they are left with some funds to replace mascherano with who is going to china. It could also be used to make liverpool lower down the price of coutinho. I think Coutinho is the big loser here, he will not get his move to barca, maybe he turns to PSG in the summer.

He is cheaper than coutinho witha fixed buyout it makes the transfer easy and they are left with some funds to replace mascherano with who is going to china. It could also be used to make liverpool lower down the price of coutinho. I think Coutinho is the big loser here, he will not get his move to barca, maybe he turns to PSG in the summer.

I don't think Griezmann and Coutinho plays in same position or role, Coutinho would be playing as midfielder whereas Griezmann as striker or on wings.

I don't think Griezmann and Coutinho plays in same position or role, Coutinho would be playing as midfielder whereas Griezmann as striker or on wings.
Barca's wage bill is 80% of turnover, they already paid a big chunk of money they got for neymar to dortmund, they also need a centre back urgently as mascherano is going to china. They have no way to spend the sort of money it will take to sign both coutinho and Griezmann.

Barca's wage bill is 80% of turnover, they already paid a big chunk of money they got for neymar to dortmund, they also need a centre back urgently as mascherano is going to china. They have no way to spend the sort of money it will take to sign both coutinho and Griezmann.

If they want both, maybe they will offload few high earners, not sure who though.

Lost interest when it didn't happen in the summer. Don't really care how good/badly he's doing. I think it's hilarious to see someone stay with a club for a transfer ban when it's not like they were treated unfairly. They broke rules and cost themselves chances of winning, if it was me I would be MORE inclined to leave after it.

Loyalty is nothing to scoff at, I think he's a bit daft for the costume incident but him staying was impressive. Clearly he was given assurances that he could leave after the summer else I doubt he would've done it. Surprised he isn't more inclined to go to United but the Barcelona link seems legitimate and I suppose the fact that nearly his entire career has been in the Primera it also makes some sense

I don't think getting Griezmann would be right for us so I'm cool with him going Barca, but not getting him and going for Bale instead is plain stupidity given his injury record.

Good stuff. I'm sure Atletico would much prefer to sell to us rather than Barcelona for obvious reasons.

Hopefully this paves the way for us to swoop back in.

But he's so loyal you guys.. That loyalty.
Wouldn't surprise me if it turns into a VVD situation. Being so angry that they'll report them if Barça activate the clause but leaves them Alone if they back off

Come on Antoine, you can fulfil all your Beckham wannabe needs at United. You can have the number 7 and any hairstyle you want !

Looks like Ballague and co. We're not just talking out of their arses.

Barca bound probably.

He has a strange attitude/persona that doesn't appeal anyway.

How are Barca going to afford another player on £250k+ p/week?

How are Barca going to afford another player on £250k+ p/week?
They will need to offload some excess players. Turan and Mascherano are rumored to leave. That will give space in their wage budget and some income from transfer fees.

If Beckham was your idol growing up, wouldn't you dream of playing for United on the right wing and wearing the number 7 shirt? Just saying...
no man. Imagine if I were a huge Jordan fan and I had the chance to wear the no 23. for the bulls - wwwwaaaayyyy to much pressure on you right there and then. I'd either play for United and not with the no. 7 or I'd ask for the no. 7 and play for Barca. Both is a recipe for disaster

If Beckham was your idol growing up, wouldn't you dream of playing for United on the right wing and wearing the number 7 shirt? Just saying...

He's already gone to extreme lengths to emulate one of his idols this week, let's have one at a time.

if he'd rather play for Barca we shouldn't sign him

simple as that

we need players with 100% commitment - not thinking of their next move

He has been saying he wants to play in sunny conditions.. Never came across as someone who would enjoy the English weather, leave alone living in Manchester and not London.

Even if his transfer to Barca falls through, Ibhope we stay away.

Strange and not because Bartomeu et al are idiots but Atletico

They get a player to stay due to a ban, renegotiate his contract so that he can leave at a set fee of €100 million after the ban ended and only recently Simeone said player can leave if fee is paid. So what is to be gained here?

Bizarre but Spain

Strange and not because Bartomeu et al are idiots but Atletico

They get a player to stay due to a ban, renegotiate his contract so that he can leave at a set fee of €100 million after the ban ended and only recently Simeone said player can leave if fee is paid. So what is to be gained here?

Bizarre but Spain
They gained 6 months to 1 year of his services...

Loyalty is nothing to scoff at...him staying was impressive

Was it really loyalty though, or just good PR spin, because he didn't really want to join United at all, and was simply delaying so that a Barcelona deal could be sorted out?
I just feel that if he had any genuine interest in joining United he'd already be wearing the #7 shirt.

Was it really loyalty though, or just good PR spin, because he didn't really want to join United at all, and was simply delaying so that a Barcelona deal could be sorted out?
I just feel that if he had any genuine interest in joining United he'd already be wearing the #7 shirt.
Fully agree, this was not loyalty at all, just a stalling tactic and hoping for a Barcelona move.

Of course you would know that cause you are part of his inner circle. Ask him what date he is moving to Barca.

They shouldve just sold him to us this summer!

To be fair, I think Griezmann himself is the main reason he's still there, Atletico couldn't do that much if we met his buyout.

I'm still not totally convinced he actually wants to play for Manchester United.

This then inevitably begs the question of whether or not we should still pursue him.

Rather Dybala if at all there’s a chance.

Dybala is so slooow, don’t think he’d thrive in England to be honest. I have seen so many Juventus-games where he has disappeared completely this season.
Zero goals in the Champions League this year, and after a great start, two goals in 12 in the Serie A.

To be fair, I think Griezmann himself is the main reason he's still there, Atletico couldn't do that much if we met his buyout.

I'm still not totally convinced he actually wants to play for Manchester United.

This then inevitably begs the question of whether or not we should still pursue him.
Fair point - he strikes me as a bit of a flirt! I dont know where he would fit for us, apart from playing off Lukaku. Dont know if that would fit Jose's plans.

He doesn't come across well to be honest. There has been a few things that don't sit well, not least when he said he didn't fancy the weather in England, he way he flirted with us last year before staying, and the fact he doesn't seem to know what he wants. We should be signing players that are desperate to play for our club, I on't think he would be up for the fight as such. He comes across as a bit of a prema donna and I'm not convinced he is the type of personality we need. Added to this he is another player who I am not sure what his best position is; not really a number 9, not really a 10 and not a winger..

I think he all the hallmarks of being a flop and therefore hope we look to other targets when investing that kind of money. Dybala for example I am sure would be a huge hit in the premier league. I can see him playing for Pep at City though and think he would be fantastic there..

Status
Not open for further replies.