Anthony Martial | AEK Athens

Good luck to him. Worse places to live.

Where is he now?
That doesnt change the fact he was absolutely right. Besides Sancho and McTominay no player we've sold has got a move to a top table team, some dont even manage to get teams in top leagues. Its an absolute disgrace what happens to them here to the point their careers are mostly over after playing for us.

That doesnt change the fact he was absolutely right. Besides Sancho and McTominay no player we've sold has got a move to a top table team, some dont even manage to get teams in top leagues. Its an absolute disgrace what happens to them here to the point their careers are mostly over after playing for us.
I think we offer them way too much money and it affects their mentality. There's a lot more to it but it doesn't help.

Good luck to him. Worse places to live.

Where is he now?
Isn't Athens one of the most depressed places in the western world? I feel like I've never seen much positive about it and frankly, it didn't seem that great to me either compared to a lot of its other peers in Greece or elsewhere in the Mediterranean area. If I already have some doubts about a place as a tourist with rose colored glasses on, I can only imagine actually living there must not be that great. Though I guess he s rich and every place can be made nice then.

I think we offer them way too much money and it affects their mentality. There's a lot more to it but it doesn't help.
It's definitely one of the main reasons. Players who constantly underachieve for years yet keep getting rewarded with better and better wages each time. Ultimately, you end up with a player with no hunger, no desire, and overpaid AF; it's a rotten practice, to be honest. Also, it's a toxic cycle, which is hard to stop as every new player that gets here is contaminated by it.

Isn't Athens one of the most depressed places in the western world? I feel like I've never seen much positive about it and frankly, it didn't seem that great to me either compared to a lot of its other peers in Greece or elsewhere in the Mediterranean area. If I already have some doubts about a place as a tourist with rose colored glasses on, I can only imagine actually living there must not be that great. Though I guess he s rich and every place can be made nice then.

Central Athens is a tourist trap. He will be having a ball based somewhere like Vouliagmeni. Constant sunshine (often close to 30C this time of year) versus incessant rain in Manchester. He will be hanging out at a beach club or sailing post training with eye candy on another level to Deansgate’s finest.

Athens is incredible. And yes, as you say, living there as a millionaire would be great by default.

Yeah it's a rundown shithole like many major cities. If he's smart he'll live somewhere further away but something tells me he won't be there for long

Yup, since Fergie’s reign, I can only think of Darmian and (perhaps) angel Gomes, McTominay whose career has improved after being sold by us. All the rest have been slowly sliding down the rungs of the leagues

Yup, since Fergie’s reign, I can only think of Darmian and (perhaps) angel Gomes, McTominay whose career has improved after being sold by us. All the rest have been slowly sliding down the rungs of the leagues

McT his career improved? Hasnt he just made his debut? Bit early to say that. Didnt Gomes his contract expire? Technically he wasnt sold.

Di Maria his career was pretty good after leaving Manchester United. Smalling has done well at Roma i think? Blind reached the semi final of the CL with Ajax.

McT his career improved? Hasnt he just made his debut? Bit early to say that. Didnt Gomes his contract expire? Technically he wasnt sold.

Di Maria his career was pretty good after leaving Manchester United. Smalling has done well at Roma i think? Blind reached the semi final of the CL with Ajax.
Blind won the league with Ajax and Bayern.

Yeah it's a rundown shithole like many major cities. If he's smart he'll live somewhere further away but something tells me he won't be there for long

It's definitely a mixed bag of a city. I was over for AEK - Olimpiakos last Easter which was great, the historical areas are beautiful, but I saw multiple people while walking to the acropolis shooting up in the street.

Looks like he's having fun.

b25d72d429f6b28df4c4f7284fef0113_1011327.jpg

not..

He will be living in the Athens Riviera, which a suburb of Athens, about 20 minutes out, full of millionaires, luxury Villas beaches etc.. Very luxurious lifestyle
Much nicer than Manchester.

https://sothebysrealty.gr/areas/athens-riviera/

Greece-Sothebys-International-Realty-Rhodes-Cerulean-01.jpg

171b65_52d5799d150d4a45aa0cdf4a6ee8772b~mv2.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-13458851/Greece-Athenian-Riviera-hotels.html

He will be living in the Athens Riviera, which a suburb of Athens, about 20 minutes out, full of millionaires, luxury Villas beaches etc.. Very luxurious lifestyle
Much nicer than Manchester.

https://sothebysrealty.gr/areas/athens-riviera/

Greece-Sothebys-International-Realty-Rhodes-Cerulean-01.jpg

171b65_52d5799d150d4a45aa0cdf4a6ee8772b~mv2.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-13458851/Greece-Athenian-Riviera-hotels.html

If you're in the know then there's parts of Manchester that look like that. Obviously you can't access it if you don't have enough money. Some of you might know Crazy Pedro's on Bridge St., go into the men's toilets and in the second cubicle there's a lose floor tile...