Anthony Martial | AEK Athens

With our striking options looking bare, I would take him back on a one year contract on reduced wages.
Mental. He'd spend more time in the treatment room than on the bench.

The fact no team has taken him on reflects on him as an individual, Rangnick was spot on about him and had the measure of his personality very early on.

I can't even remember his last outing for us :wenger:
I wanna say Everton away when he came on and scored about a year ago, but he's been such a low-impact player for us for so long he probably had a couple of forgettable performances after that.

Problem with guys like Martial is he should have spent his last year selling himself to a potential future club, instead he had to be subbed after 60 because he kept getting gassed.

He is still only 28 and the Greek league is a good level for him to resurrect his career, I hope he does really wll at Athens this season and ends up one of the top scorers

He is still only 28 and the Greek league is a good level for him to resurrect his career, I hope he does really wll at Athens this season and ends up one of the top scorers
Genuinely surprised he's only 28. I thought he was much older than that for some reason.

He isn't. Fans have built a lot of our players up to be superstars when they genuinely are nowhere near that level. Look at lingard for another example.

Absolute nonsense. Martial was an elite talent, it just didn't work out like it could've due to several reasons. You do know that some players don't or can't maximize their talents and careers, but that doesn't mean they were "nowhere near that level". Especially in someone like Martial's case, you have to be blind not to see how talented he was.

Lingard was a solid PL player too, but probably didn't have the mentality at all to have a long, consistent career. IIn Martial's case, I don't think he had an awful attitude, injuries contributed too.

Absolute nonsense. Martial was an elite talent, it just didn't work out like it could've due to several reasons. You do know that some players don't or can't maximize their talents and careers, but that doesn't mean they were "nowhere near that level". Especially in someone like Martial's case, you have to be blind not to see how talented he was.

Lingard was a solid PL player too, but probably didn't have the mentality at all to have a long, consistent career. IIn Martial's case, I don't think he had an awful attitude, injuries contributed too.
Doing exactly what I said our fans do build up players to be elite when they are nowhere near that standard. At 28 years of age he is going to Greece to play football and that speaks volumes.

Serious drop in wages, I imagine. What would the top tier Greek league players be on, €30/40k a week?

He'll go whereve there's money, he has 2 ex wives an a few kids to pay for? 30/40k a week should help him out there.

Good for him. At times good atmosphere, out of the limelight, great city. I hope he does well.

Doing exactly what I said our fans do build up players to be elite when they are nowhere near that standard. At 28 years of age he is going to Greece to play football and that speaks volumes.

Sorry, but it seems like it's you that cannot judge talent. Failed talent doesn't mean the talent wasn't there.

Last edited:
Amazed he couldn't get some sort of deal going in Saudi. He'll be on feck all in the Greek league, surely.