5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
No United attacking player can lay claim to having a good season. I've said it before I lay some of the blame for Di Maria's bad form on LvG, and his philosophy. If the manager wanted a player to adapt to the team he should not have purchased him for a record fee. You don't buy a world class player at the peak of his powers and try change his playing style, position and restrict his flair.

He's a free spirit, let him express himself on the pitch.

Last edited:
In the first half of the season, the crosses he would put into the box were as good as it gets but RVP and Falcao just couldn't convert. His assist tally should have been a lot higher. Shame that he seemed to lose that part of his game over the course of the season but if he can get back to that, I can see him coming good as a winger for us.

No United attacking player can lay claim to having a good season. I've said it before I lay some of the blame for Di Maria's bad form on LvG, and his philosophy. If the manager wanted a player to adapt to the team he should not have purchased him for a record fee. You don't buy a world class player at the peak of his powers and try change his playing style, position and restrict his flair.

He's a free spirit, let him express him himself on the pitch.

I think there is truth in that, LvG seems a demanding "My way or the highway" coach who wont accommodate a player, they will have to bend to his philosophy.

Di Maria and Depay would make more sense imo.
Not if he doesn't want to be here. Don't get me wrong I'd rather DiMaria stayed and proved his doubters wrong but if we're going to swap with someone at PSG then I'd like Moura.

Not if he doesn't want to be here. Don't get me wrong I'd rather DiMaria stayed and proved his doubters wrong but if we're going to swap with someone at PSG then I'd like Moura.

As I care very little for French football, has Lucas Moura actually set the league alight like many said he would or has he failed to live up to the hype like so many do?

Would be stupid to sell him, if we want to be more inventive along with our possession style then we need a player like him and we also need to allow players express themselves. Otherwise even with a couple of new additions we will keep creating 2-3 chances per game. Look how many chances Arsenal created today or Barca as I write it. Usually that's what happens, you create tons of chances and 1 or 2 will usually be converted, if the attackers have very clinical days then maybe more. But if you only create 2-3 chances of course in some games that won't be enough.
It would be really frustrating if we sell him, LvG leaves in 1-2 seasons, and the next manager who tries to inject a bit more inpredictability and directness would actually fancy Di Maria very much. I imagine a Klopp, Ancelotti or even Guardiola would be able to get the best out of such a player.

Although I don't believe the rumours, if Di Maria was to leave, with him ending up at PSG, then a swap deal with Verratti coming to United would be awesome.

Yeah,Every single rumour about Di Maria this season as well..
Until we hear anything from United or the player himself everything else is just that, a rumour. A rumour is basically a circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

I remember Di Maria himself saying he's happy to remain and wants to impress at United. That's a fact.

Until we hear anything from United or the player himself everything else is just that, a rumour. A rumour is basically a circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

I remember Di Maria himself saying he's happy to remain and wants to impress at United. That's a fact.

Yes,because that's how it is in Football, I guess all the stories about Madrid chasing De Gea this season are all ...."just rumours". LVG has only addressed rumours about only 2 players this season, DDG and Di Maria.

Yes,because that's how it is in Football, I guess all the stories about Madrid chasing De Gea this season are all ...."just rumours". LVG has only addressed rumours about only 2 players this season, DDG and Di Maria.
Sarcasm?

De Gea's case is different. He is in his final year of contract and has not yet signed a contract. United are under no obligations to sell Di Maria, unless he himself wants a move and United agree to his request. Until we hear this to be the case everything we hear or read will be regarded as rumours.

Please note I'm not saying for a fact he's not asked for a move or United will not sell. My argument is these are just rumours at this moment in time.

Sarcasm?

De Gea's case is different. He is in his final year of contract and has not yet signed a contract. United are under no obligations to sell Di Maria, unless he himself wants a move and United agree to his request. Until we hear this to be the case everything we hear or read will be regarded as rumours.

Please note I'm not saying for a fact he's not asked for a move or United will not sell. My argument is these are just rumours at this moment in time.

Of course, I think they are rumours as well, all I'm doing is speculating, which i think should be perfectly normal in a football forum, I'm looking at the worst case scenario - we all want him to stay....I hope.

If you're naive enough to believe all the rumours United would be buying and selling 100's of players every season.

It's not about being naive, we're talking about an unsettled foreign player who barely speaks English,who was signed off a World Class season, but seems to have struggled this season, being played out of position....sometimes, playing for a team in transition, watching his house where (his wife and his infant daughter also reside) get broken into, when you combine that with the fact that his preferred destination may or may not have been Paris to play for a team that is Ruthless in the transfer window and looking to spend crazy amounts on players - and said team have been chasing him for a while, I don't think it should come as a surprise that he might be on his way out.

I guess only positive speculation is allowed on here.

It's not about being naive, we're talking about an unsettled foreign player who barely speaks English,who was signed off a World Class season, but seems to have struggled this season, being played out of position....sometimes, playing for a team in transition, watching his house where (his wife and his infant daughter also reside) get broken into, when you combine that with the fact that his preferred destination may or may not have been Paris to play for a team that is Ruthless in the transfer window and looking to spend crazy amounts on players - and said team have been chasing him for a while, I don't think it should come as a surprise that he might be on his way out.

On the other hand he recently came out and said he wanted to stay, so we just don't know either way tbh.

On the other hand he recently came out and said he wanted to stay, so we just don't know either way tbh.
Pfft, that means nothing, the way he itched his arm and blinked makes it obvious he hates Manchester.

Factor in the way he held his stomach when he went of injured and forget about it.

If he stayed I would give him another chance, if he went and we got a big fee and got someone else in I wouldn't care.

Might as well close the whole transfer forum if we can't speculate then,Shutdown the whole forum.

I mean what do we know?why discuss what we have no inside knowledge of ? Rate a player's performances ? Pfft we really don't know why he performed badly so why speculate?

Might as well close the whole transfer forum if we can't speculate then,Shutdown the whole forum.

I mean what do we know?why discuss what we have no inside knowledge of ? Rate a player's performances ? Pfft we really don't know why he performed badly so why speculate?
Who said you can't speculate?

Of course you can, but when you are seen to be extremely one sided and not very objective, like you seem to be adamant the guy wants to leave when you really have no clue, well then it becomes a bit tedious.
Don't think anyone minds speculation, but at least treat it as speculation and not fact.

Of course you can, but when you are seen to be extremely one sided and not very objective, like you seem to be adamant the guy wants to leave when you really have no clue, well then it becomes a bit tedious.
Don't think anyone minds speculation, but at least treat it as speculation and not fact.

Quote?

If he actually wanted to stay,these rumours/links would be non existent.

There is no smoke without fire,

this is definitely not your average rumour, when you combine that with his personal troubles and his average performances, it shouldn't surprise anyone that he might want to go to his preferred destination.

Herrera,Rojo,Blind,Fabregas,Sanchez,Costa,Mangala,Fernando - these were top signings(foreign) for the top teams in England, how many of them have been linked with moves out of their respective clubs all season long?

when somethings persists like this - you have to begin to suspect the player, United is not a selling club.

I guess those Burglars also work for the owners of PSG.

I can't be asked to dig it all out, I've seen your posts in this thread over the past few weeks/months. You seem to be very anti Di Maria full stop. But anyway:

If he actually wanted to stay,these rumours/links would be non existent.

Here you are suggesting that the rumours mean that he doesn't want to stay, when about a week ago he gave an interview saying he does want to stay.
Its of course possible that the rumour is untrue, of course it is possible it is true, but your statement is saying that because there are rumours/links then it means he actually doesn't want to stay.

EDIT: @Rado_N did a better job above

This is getting tedious. You've said your piece. Please move on

Who the hell do you think you are coming to tell me to move on when i clearly wasn't talking to you? do you get notifications any time i post or something? i said all i had to say to you and i was replying someone else.... dont like it? thats your problem.

Who the hell do you think you are coming to tell me to move on when i clearly wasn't talking to you? do you get notifications any time i post or something? i said all i had to say to you and i was replying someone else.... dont like it? thats your problem.
Don't talk to Sultan like that.

I can't be asked to dig it all out, I've seen your posts in this thread over the past few weeks/months. You seem to be very anti Di Maria full stop. But anyway:

Here you are suggesting that the rumours mean that he doesn't want to stay, when about a week ago he gave an interview saying he does want to stay.
Its of course possible that the rumour is untrue, of course it is possible it is true, but your statement is saying that because there are rumours/links then it means he actually doesn't want to stay.

EDIT: @Rado_N did a better job above

1) if Criticising a player who hasn't performed the way he is expected to automatically makes me "anti-Di Maria" then so be it, i have said i want him to stay on numerous occasions, i have acknowledged the fact that he is the best player on the team on numerous occasions, i know he can do better and i want him to do better, but i won't come here to praise him for average performances just to stay positive... but i guess you see what you want to see.

2) "If he actually wanted to stay, these rumours would be non existent" doesn't sound like someone who is 100% certain Di Maria is leaving or someone who definitely wants to see Di Maria leave, i was simply saying "there's no smoke without fire", if there are loads of rumours something must be wrong - i was just speculating, nothing more,nothing less.

Di Maria's future is clearly a touchy subject, so I'm not going to talk about it for a while.

:wenger:

1) if Criticising a player who hasn't performed the way he is expected to automatically makes me "anti-Di Maria" then so be it, i have said i want him to stay on numerous occasions, i have acknowledged the fact that he is the best player on the team on numerous occasions, i know he can do better and i want him to do better, but i won't come here to praise him for average performances just to stay positive... but i guess you see what you want to see.

2) "If he actually wanted to stay, these rumours would be non existent" doesn't sound like someone who is 100% certain Di Maria is leaving or someone who definitely wants to see Di Maria leave, i was simply saying "there's no smoke without fire", if there are loads of rumours something must be wrong - i was just speculating, nothing more,nothing less.

Di Maria's future is clearly a touchy subject, so I'm not going to talk about it for a while.

I didn't say you did, I said you were implying that he definately wants to leave because there have been rumours whereas it could all be a load of bollocks. I'm not saying you want him to leave. However there can be smoke without fire.
Like, for instance, us being intereted in signing Gaitain for the past 5 years, there were plenty of rumours and links for a while, but its obviously been a load of bollacks, hence we have heard Gill called the Benfica to tell them to stop it.

Its perfectly plausable that the rumours exists solely because he hasn't had a good season, and he hes not getting picked and people want something to write. For instance Herrera apparently wasn't in LVGs plans about 6 months ago when he wasn't getting picked and there were rumours he would be sold in the summer which again were reporters putting 2+2 together and making a story, its the nature of the media.

Now I'm not even saying the rumours are not true, what I said was when you treat them as though they are fact then it becomes tedious (which is what I said in my original post).

Last edited:
I didn't say you did, I said you were implying that he definately wants to leave because there have been rumours whereas it could all be a load of bollocks. I'm not saying you want him to leave. However there can be smoke without fire.
Like, for instance, us being intereted in signing Gaitain for the past 5 years, there were plenty of rumours and links for a while, but its obviously been a load of bollacks, hence we have heard Gill called the Benfica to tell them to stop it.

Its perfectly plausable that the rumours exists solely because he hasn't had a good season, and he hes not getting picked and people want something to write. For instance Herrera apparently wasn't in LVGs plans about 6 months ago when he wasn't getting picked and there were rumours he would be sold in the summer which again were reporters putting 2+2 together and making a story, its the nature of the media.

Now I'm not even saying the rumours are not true, what I said was when you treat them as though they are fact then it becomes tedious.

So basically what you're saying is you can dismiss the rumours (which may or may not be true) as bollocks and speculate when you have no inside knowledge, but when i use the same rumours(which may or may not be true) to also speculate, also without said inside knowledge it becomes fact?

Ok,noted.

So basically what you're saying is you can dismiss the rumours (which may or may not be true) as bollocks and speculate when you have no inside knowledge, but when i use the same rumours(which may or may not be true) to also speculate, also without said inside knowledge it becomes fact?

Ok,noted.

:wenger:
Erm no thats not what I was saying, but lets leave it...

Status
Not open for further replies.