Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Schweinsteger always a winger to begin with? I thought he also played centrally back then?

Was Schweinsteger always a winger to begin with? I thought he also played centrally back then?

From what I remember he started off as a versatile winger that could also play off the striker. So not all that different from Di Maria really.

Di Maria already played CM most of last year for Madrid and usaully plays it for Argentina.

If he was to play for us in cm, it would surely be in a 433 and with Herrera and Carrick/other DM in there with him. But with Mata/Kagawa also in the squad and our wings so shit it would be mad not to put him out wide right. Unless we do something like this

---------Carrick-----------
----Herrera-----Di Maria---
-----------Mata-----------
-------Rooney-RvP--------

From what I remember he started off as a versatile winger that could also play off the striker. So not all that different from Di Maria really.
You can't really compare the two, di maria plays in midfield but has a free role to roam all over and is used there for his work rate and creativity and skill from the middle, not to control games like schweiny did.

Nah he was always a winger. Van Gaal shifted him into the deep lying playmaker role which Schweinsteiger himself said was his favorite role. Given that he himself favored this role I was actually surprised no one really played him there before.

Interesting. How was Di Maria defensively when he played for Madrid centrally? Maybe @Vato can help us.

Di Maria did his job there quite well. It was also a reason why he got playing time ahead of other midfielders such as Isco. The best thing about him playing there was actually that he could occupy the space that Ronaldo left when he was moving more centrally and pulling a man with him. In offense that meant a midfielder had to follow Di Maria and those seldom had the pace to keep up with him.

Is this one still not in the bag? Woody needs to hurry up so that he'll be ready for Sunderland.

Edit: And MK Dons, of course.

Interesting. How was Di Maria defensively when he played for Madrid centrally? Maybe @Vato can help us.
Very good. He was always a very hard working player, even when he was on the wing in previous seasons and that was one of the main reasons he was put in midfield. He defended centrally but also out wide to cover for Ronaldo on the left. Not only is he hard work defensively, he is actually pretty good at defending. He regularly wins the ball back and is very quick at starting counters attacks either by releasing the ball fast or by dribbling with it and bringing it forward.

Ian Ladyman was just on talk sport and said he doesn't think it'll happen.

How many days ago did lady man write that 100 million package story? What a boob.

He probably misheard him for saying "De Meeror" as in "the mirror" as in "you should check yourself out in the mirror today because you are looking fabulous!", hence the wink.

Got to read into these things better Lynk.
This muppetry stuff is hard. :(

This muppetry stuff is hard. :(

Don't beat yourself up about it mate, we've all been there with these crazy conspiracies/theories. What you do is pick yourself up and look for the next piece of evidence. We next need someone to get into Rojo's new place and hack his phone, see the bro-messages he's been sending to ADM and expose it to the world.

On Real Madrid news Cope are as reliable as they get to be honest. I hope we sign him, would make such a big difference to our attack.

Matching PSG's offer is not easy though. They were overpaying by a distance apparently.

And it depends on our formation plans whether we make a move for him or not. I'd rather Vidal than him tbh, if i had to choose one at this point.

I've lost all faith in Woodward now, I tried to be patient but I just don't see any deal of this magnitude materialising.

I'll remain calm and trust van Gaal.

But if this does happen... By Christ...

Are you sure? He did his whole interview in Spanish.

It was listed as a positive in some article I read. Either about his positives or one of these 10 things you didn't know about Rojo.

Can't recall which, if I find it again I will point you in the direction.

Matching PSG's offer is not easy though. They were overpaying by a distance apparently.

And it depends on our formation plans whether we make a move for him or not. I'd rather Vidal than him tbh, if i had to choose one at this point.
PSG reportedly offered him €8/€9m euros, we could match that. I would take Di Maria over Vidal any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.