Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Di Maria has no problems with Real Madrid. He just wants a pay rise. RM can't afford that

Now I've seen everything that life has to offer. I can die in peace now

Di Maria has no problems with Real Madrid. He just wants a pay rise. RM can't afford that

Spanish Tax rates are gonna be a problem for them in the coming seasons.

I thought Kroos only left Bayern because of the pay grade. He must surely be getting quite a lot at Madrid now.

I thought Di Maria wanted to leave because Real bought their shiny new toys James and Kroos to play in Di Maria's position.

I thought Di Maria wanted to leave because Real bought their shiny new toys James and Kroos to play in Di Maria's position.

Tbf he must have a problem with being undervalued by the Real hierarchy and Perez. He has always been valued highly by Ancelotti and chances are he will start him over James Rodriguez. I guess he wants the payrise from the Real hierarchy as it would elevate and truly reflect his status within the squad and also to feel appreciated by the hierarchy for the player he is. That is not going to happen though.

Tbf he must have a problem with being undervalued by the Real hierarchy and Perez. He has always been valued highly by Ancelotti and chances are he will start him over James Rodriguez. I guess he wants the payrise from the Real hierarchy as it would elevate and truly reflect his status within the squad and also to feel appreciated by the hierarchy for the player he is. That is not going to happen though.

Correct... to get the kinda of money ADM thinks he should be getting he would have to leave Madrid.
It's between us and psg.

Correct... to get the kinda of money ADM thinks he should be getting he would have to leave Madrid.
It's between us and psg.
I thought PSG pulled out weeks ago because FFP nipped them in the bud. Otherwise he'd probably be a PSG player by now.

I thought PSG pulled out weeks ago because FFP nipped them in the bud. Otherwise he'd probably be a PSG player by now.
Nasser Al Khelafi said in a press conference, the deal was dead because Di Maria was too expensive but it hasn't stopped the speculation.

Nasser Al Khelafi said in a press conference, the deal was dead because Di Maria was too expensive but it hasn't stopped the speculation.
I see. Strange to think that they think a player is too expensive fo them, though.

IMO if we want Di Maria we'd better move, if Psg manage to offload lavezzi and/or pastore that would get them back on his trail.

United will never fckn pull it off - to quote an article on @Beyond the pitch

Lastly, a piece of advice for Louis van Gaal - this isn't Barcelona nor is it Bayern Munich, because if it took Manchester United two months to secure a player's services who did want to come, who had an affordable buy out clause and who lived 35 miles away, then don't expect much in 24 hours. In fact, the odds of unveiling Cinderella at Old Trafford in 24 hours are higher than a new signing.

BTW Madrid are desperate to sell him, in order to finance Falcao.

So let me get this straight... Madrid want to sell, we have the money and our Ceo wants to break the transfer record and we still cannot sign this guy... What if there was serious competition?

Ed is useless.

If the likes of Herrera go for 35, then why wouldn't Di Maria be worth at least double? He is world class by the very definition of it: being one of the finest in the position.

In this inflated transfer market, yes he's worth it. The dude is pure world class, I can't fathom why he's so undervalued and under appreciated at RM.

Id have to disagree, hes very talented no doubt, I would say 50 million no doubt. I dont judge what players are worth by what Real Madrid are willing to pay, thats option B in my opinion, Rodriguez was worth 80 million euros to them, Gotze, a more talented number 10 went for half of that to Bayern. In reality a player who is worth 75 million should be scoring you 40 plus goals a season and 20 assists, we are not going to get that from Di Maria

So let me get this straight... Madrid want to sell, we have the money and our Ceo wants to break the transfer record and we still cannot sign this guy... What if there was serious competition?

Ed is useless.
If we didn't have sufficient budgets I'd understand if we hesitate on targets like this, but with Woodward's confident comments about being able to break the transfer record, "watch the space," etc, you can't help but to have at least an iota of optimism about our current financial situation.

I hope to god he didn't say that just for the sake of some sort of promotion, otherwise it's an extremely idiotic move on his part.

Id have to disagree, hes very talented no doubt, I would say 50 million no doubt. I dont judge what players are worth by what Real Madrid are willing to pay, thats option B in my opinion, Rodriguez was worth 80 million euros to them, Gotze, a more talented number 10 went for half of that to Bayern. In reality a player who is worth 75 million should be scoring you 40 plus goals a season and 20 assists, we are not going to get that from Di Maria[/QUOTE
He's not that type of player man, but damn is he impactful on a team with how many scoring opportunities he creates. Also, I think it's fair to say he would score more goals here as he wouldn't have to compete with Ronaldo who takes a ton of shots.
I believe firmly that RM's stupidity lead to Bayern Munich's massive gain with Robben. This would be a similar situation in terms of the impactful player we would get back.

Id have to disagree, hes very talented no doubt, I would say 50 million no doubt. I dont judge what players are worth by what Real Madrid are willing to pay, thats option B in my opinion, Rodriguez was worth 80 million euros to them, Gotze, a more talented number 10 went for half of that to Bayern. In reality a player who is worth 75 million should be scoring you 40 plus goals a season and 20 assists, we are not going to get that from Di Maria
Goetze had a buy-out clause that Bayern triggered

I agree he is not that type of player and he will create alot of chances but when it comes down to the nuts and bolts of it hes not twice as talented as Gotze, Fabregas or say Sanchez who we seen move for about 40 million each, hes not as talented as Suarez who we seen move for a similiar fee, I really feel RM are taking advantage of our situation and paying us back for Ronaldo, If he was moving to Bayern or Arsenal I feel he would be valued alot lower than with us and PSG as the main interested parties

With time running out in the transfer market I believe this signing could be the difference in us making the top 4 or missing out.

Gotze had a stupidly low release clause considering, most world class players don't have those unfortunately. It would perhaps be more silly to use his example as a yardstick as that of one of Madrids buys.

As for your second point, the obsession with numerical output is clouding your judgement. Di Marias contribution to goals at Madrid is stupidly high, his ability to carry the ball up the pitch, and break defenses down purely by dribbling at them is something they're going to massively miss when he goes and they know it. You're also letting the likes of Ronaldo and Messi cloud your expectations there too. Di Maria got 17 assists in the league last year - the second highest in La Liga was 13, the highest in the Premier League was 13.

Di Maria would bring us much needed pace. He'd add quality and natural width when out wide, and a terrier and an actual ball carrier in the middle which are two things we massively lack - no other player in the world could bring both to us. The tactical flexibility he would offer us is huge since he can bring qualities we lack all over the pitch pretty much. A midfield 3 of him, Herrera and Carrick would be beautifully balanced and a midfield worth getting excited about. Having him running down the wing would bring us the classic gung-ho wing play that we associate with United.

David Silva got 7 goals and 9 assists last year. That's hardly a great numerical output is it? But would they have come close to winning the league without him? When he's not playing, their control of games suffers hugely, their creativity in the final third, they play infront of the opposition and offer little threat in comparison when he is off the pitch.

In comparison to Suarez moving for a similar fee. Remember, he went for less because of the behavior, the ban and that Barcelona seemingly had no competition as Suarez was willing to push for a move there. Di Maria hasn't got those issues and we have competition for his signature so he's in higher demand.

A player is only worth what someone is willing to pay for him. If you look at the players Barcelona already had, they needed Suarez far less than we need Di Maria. Whether that be because we haven't got pace, because we're short in the middle and on the wing where he would bring quality, because we're in need of a confidence boost right now etc.etc.

Last edited:
With LVG stating that we need more quality wingers to play 4-3-3, and Nani going to Sporting, I am very much convinced we will sign a winger and hopefully it will be Di Maria.

Pay. The. Wages.

Di Maria would be an unbelievable acquisition, dealing with one of two remaining problem areas.

please Woodward get this done, we need a big name like this, will be a huge boost for everyone at the club!

get in Di Maria & Blind and I like I said I will be chuffed! just do the damned deals man!

I agree he is not that type of player and he will create alot of chances but when it comes down to the nuts and bolts of it hes not twice as talented as Gotze, Fabregas or say Sanchez who we seen move for about 40 million each, hes not as talented as Suarez who we seen move for a similiar fee, I really feel RM are taking advantage of our situation and paying us back for Ronaldo, If he was moving to Bayern or Arsenal I feel he would be valued alot lower than with us and PSG as the main interested parties

They got a bargain with Ronaldo.

Gotze had a stupidly low release clause considering, most world class players don't have those unfortunately. It would perhaps be more silly to use his example as a yardstick as that of one of Madrids buys.

As for your second point, the obsession with numerical output is clouding your judgement. Di Marias contribution to goals at Madrid is stupidly high, his ability to carry the ball up the pitch, and break defenses down purely by dribbling at them is something they're going to massively miss when he goes and they know it. You're also letting the likes of Ronaldo and Messi cloud your expectations there too. Di Maria got 17 assists in the league last year - the second highest in La Liga was 13, the highest in the Premier League was 13.

Di Maria would bring us much needed pace. He'd add quality and natural width when out wide, and a terrier and an actual ball carrier in the middle which are two things we massively lack - no other player in the world could bring both to us. The tactical flexibility he would offer us is huge since he can bring qualities we lack all over the pitch pretty much. A midfield 3 of him, Herrera and Carrick would be beautifully balanced and a midfield worth getting excited about. Having him running down the wing would bring us the classic gung-ho wing play that we associate with United.

David Silva got 7 goals and 9 assists last year. That's hardly a great numerical output is it? But would they have come close to winning the league without him? When he's not playing, their control of games suffers hugely, their creativity in the final third, they play infront of the opposition and offer little threat in comparison when he is off the pitch.

In comparison to Suarez moving for a similar fee. Remember, he went for less because of the behavior, the ban and that Barcelona seemingly had no competition as Suarez was willing to push for a move there. Di Maria hasn't got those issues and we have competition for his signature so he's in higher demand.

A player is only worth what someone is willing to pay for him. If you look at the players Barcelona already had, they needed Suarez far less than we need Di Maria. Whether that be because we haven't got pace, because we're short in the middle and on the wing where he would bring quality, because we're in need of a confidence boost right now etc.etc.

Well he obviously isn't worth what they are quoting because he is still there. Gotze is not world class, let's get that straight and the guy above is right. We might have a lot of money but it still had to be justified. He is not Bale, Ronaldo, Messi or Suarez. We are just disparate fans thirsty for quality i.e. He will not win us games on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.