Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mata Rooney janazaj and di Maria in a 4231 system would give us far better balance, than trying to fit in mata Rooney and RVP in a 352 system that's for sure

We have better central players than we have wide players, so doubt we will play in a one striking system. This is one of the reason Val Gaal opted for the 1-3-5-2, to give our team more balance.

We desperately need him. Our attack looks woeful in reality. RVP is injury prone. Kagawa and Hernandez are just not at the level needed. Mata has question marks about how we fits. The wing options are laughable and Januzaj is a kid.

Only really Rooney is a safe bet.

If the rumours of him being on c.80k/week are true, if we offer 200k he's ours. Easily.

We have better central players than we have wide players, so doubt we will play in a one striking system. This is one of the reason Val Gaal opted for the 1-3-5-2, to give our team more balance.

How is 352 given us better balance? when our fullbacks or better words wide players are trying to be converted into wingbacks, adding the fact the current team has no speed. 4231 maybe seen has one striker, but mata janazaj and di Maria if signed could easily score goals, and we would have speed to stretch teams. I just do not see 352 working with The current set of players, one signing of di Maria will easily give us the tools to go back to 4 at the back, with mata signed back in January, the only system that will suit him is 4231

Looking at the talent in that Madrid squad, I honestly question whether more than three of our players would even make the bench.

We desperately need him. Our attack looks woeful in reality. RVP is injury prone. Kagawa and Hernandez are just not at the level needed. Mata has question marks about how we fits. The wing options are laughable and Januzaj is a kid.

Only really Rooney is a safe bet.

Is this some kind of rhymes?
There is no denying the fact that Di maria would be great signing and,
did kagawa ever got a chance to play in his best poaition with us.

If the rumours of him being on c.80k/week are true, if we offer 200k he's ours. Easily.

That figure is NET of tax so more like double.

No one pays better than Real and Barca which is a huge factor in there whole "allure".

That and the fact that they consistently sign the best players in the world. It's like a momentum.

That figure is NET of tax so more like double.

No one pays better than Real and Barca which is a huge factor in there whole "allure".

That and the fact that they consistently sign the best players in the world. It's like a momentum.

They're like the housing market. It's weird, though, 'cause they never go bust even though they're practically backed by the Spanish government which is bust. Damn Madrid, you scary.

How is 352 given us better balance? when our fullbacks or better words wide players are trying to be converted into wingbacks, adding the fact the current team has no speed. 4231 maybe seen has one striker, but mata janazaj and di Maria if signed could easily score goals, and we would have speed to stretch teams. I just do not see 352 working with The current set of players, one signing of di Maria will easily give us the tools to go back to 4 at the back, with mata signed back in January, the only system that will suit him is 4231

It plays Rooney, Mata and Van Persie in roles that they are more proficient in. Basically, we solved that dilemma of not having to push a player to a lesser role just to play in a specific system.

Personally I think you shouldn't get him, and should stop trying to get world class players and accept mediocrity! :nervous:

It plays Rooney, Mata and Van Persie in roles that they are more proficient in. Basically, we solved that dilemma of not having to push a player to a lesser role just to play in a specific system.

How is it pushing one player to a lesser role? when mata RVP and Rooney cannot play in the same team. It's what benefits the team, not accommodating certain players just because of their names, none of Rooney RVP or mata have pace, when atleast if di Maria is signed, you got mata janazaj and di Maria who can score and assist, and both do Maria and janazaj and stretch teams. I would rather united had pace out wide, than fitting in 3 very one paced attacking trio, adding the fact RVP is very injury prone, VG may is well play 4231 if di Maria is signed, it's worked for real, just because you have 1 upfront does not mean it's bad, it's the quality in that front 4 is what matters

Which is exactly why I wanted De Gea to be captain.
A captain can't just be a player who plays every game. He needs to communicate and be a leader on the pitch. De Gea may be a captain in the making but as of right now he isn't captain material.

----------De Gea-----------
Rafael--Evans--Rojo---Shaw
-------Herrera-New CM-----
-Di Maria---Mata---Januzaj
-----------Rooney----------

That looks good to me. Rooney and RVP can rotate.

How is it pushing one player to a lesser role? when mata RVP and Rooney cannot play in the same team. It's what benefits the team, not accommodating certain players just because of their names, none of Rooney RVP or mata have pace, when atleast if di Maria is signed, you got mata janazaj and di Maria who can score and assist, and both do Maria and janazaj and stretch teams. I would rather united had pace out wide, than fitting in 3 very one paced attacking trio, adding the fact RVP is very injury prone, VG may is well play 4231 if di Maria is signed, it's worked for real, just because you have 1 upfront does not mean it's bad, it's the quality in that front 4 is what matters

We do do not have a target man or someone who would link up with the midfield in your system. The team becomes much balance when our forward player is capable of bringing the midfield into play. That is what Van Persie or Welbeck bring moreso than Rooney. Moreover, the consensus on redcafe is that Van Persie is the much better striker. So when he is fit, what happens to Rooney? The two striking system with a intricate set up is the way forward. We have Van Persie, Rooney, Welbeck, Wilson, kagawa and mata as central players, while we have Januzaj and possible di maria as wide players. With this, you can see why, our formation needs to favor our central players moreso than our wingers. The 1-4-2-2-2 is the way forward, or van Gaal 1-3-5-2..the latter because it hss been successful for him in the world cup and for us in pre-season.

Dropping one of Van Persie/Rooney will not end well, we do not need such divisions in such a crucial season . I think that, even if we sign ADM, we should also sign a pure DM and give the 4-2-2-2 a try with Mata and Di Maria playing as the right and left sided AMs behind Van Persie and Rooney. Di Maria is perfect in that he can drift wide when needed. Even without Di Maria we should be trying it with Januzaj.

Replacing RVP with Di Maria is a marginal improvement. Certainly not worth a £50m transfer fee.

As we haven't a bottomless pit of money that £50m would be far better acquiring the CM or even another defender to play alongside Rojo.

We do do not have a target man or someone who would link up with the midfield in your system. The team becomes much balance when our forward player is capable of bringing the midfield into play. That is what Van Persie or Welbeck bring moreso than Rooney. Moreover, the consensus on redcafe is that Van Persie is the much better striker. So when he is fit, what happens to Rooney? The two striking system with a intricate set up is the way forward. We have Van Persie, Rooney, Welbeck, Wilson, kagawa and mata as central players, while we have Januzaj and possible di maria as wide players. With this, you can see why, our formation needs to favor our central players moreso than our wingers. The 1-4-2-2-2 is the way forward, or van Gaal 1-3-5-2..the latter because it hss been successful for him in the world cup and for us in pre-season.

Rooney scored 34 goals in 2010 leading the line, its not a new role for him. he's done this for ages. It is a role rooney has done far longer than the position ashley young has been asked to play. And why does it need a target man? to play 4231. The players you mentioned, welbeck kagwa wilson RVP mata hardly gives many fans the confidence united are stronger cedntrail, its marginal at best. And if di maria was signed, the balance of our wide players is stronger than our central position for effectiveness. Welbeck and kagwa's futures are up in the air, wilson has hardly been proven at this level, RVP is injured, so you have just mata really and he is struggling because the system does not suit him because its very one paced. Di maria if signed he playes on one side, Janazaj on the other that gives the team balance shape and speed, and it helps mata a great deal he has players to aim for who can open up defences

Playing 352 limits the team for a few reasons, united will end up playing 5 defenders, our fullbacks are good but even when all fit they are not the most creative of players, shaw ashley young valencia and rafeal are not exactly cafu and roberto carlos are they. Mata like I say is best served in a 4231 system because he will pace around him, he can aim for rafeal shaw di maria and janazaj, and even if RVP is fit, I still think a 442 could work pending a top class CM is signed. The fact remains, VG has 2 options to make his teams work, drop mata, or drop RVP or rooney, it is simple has that. To play 352 with 5 defenders limits us, in the central area carrick when fit herrera mata rooney RVP, where is the speed in the team? the front 3 are one paced, so we aint stretching teams, rafeal and shaw are fullbacks, they are not wingbacks. They will get forward, but they will not do the same job the top class wingers can do, and with rafeal shaw di maria if he is signed and janazaj we have more to get at teams than 352. That is why the great fergie sides of 94 99 07 and 08 worked, there was speed in the team to cut sides open at will. I do not see when everyone is fit of DDG rafeal jones evans rojo shaw carrick herrera mata rooney RVP being effective has an attacking unit, there is nothing in that team that can hurt teams on the counter. Even the dutch side in the world cup had speed in their team, this team is so one paced its going to be easy for teams to defend against.

Tell me how we would not have anyone linking up our midfield? its called juan mata, he is playing the number 10 role, he links up the midfield has he drops deep create for the striker, and brings our wide boys into play, that is what the 4231 system does when you have a pure number 10. All I see from RVP and rooney is 2 very slow strikers, which leaves our midfield to get overrun

Last edited:
Rooney scored 34 goals in 2010 leading the line, its not a new role for him. he's done this for ages. It is a role rooney has done far longer than the position ashley young has been asked to play. And why does it need a target man? to play 4231. The players you mentioned, welbeck kagwa wilson RVP mata hardly gives many fans the confidence united are stronger cedntrail, its marginal at best. And if di maria was signed, the balance of our wide players is stronger than our central position for effectiveness. Welbeck and kagwa's futures are up in the air, wilson has hardly been proven at this level, RVP is injured, so you have just mata really and he is struggling because the system does not suit him because its very one paced. Di maria if signed he playes on one side, Janazaj on the other that gives the team balance shape and speed, and it helps mata a great deal he has players to aim for who can open up defences

Playing 352 limits the team for a few reasons, united will end up playing 5 defenders, our fullbacks are good but even when all fit they are not the most creative of players, shaw ashley young valencia and rafeal are not exactly cafu and roberto carlos are they. Mata like I say is best served in a 4231 system because he will pace around him, he can aim for rafeal shaw di maria and janazaj, and even if RVP is fit, I still think a 442 could work pending a top class CM is signed. The fact remains, VG has 2 options to make his teams work, drop mata, or drop RVP or rooney, it is simple has that. To play 352 with 5 defenders limits us, in the central area carrick when fit herrera mata rooney RVP, where is the speed in the team? the front 3 are one paced, so we aint stretching teams, rafeal and shaw are fullbacks, they are not wingbacks. They will get forward, but they will not do the same job the top class wingers can do, and with rafeal shaw di maria if he is signed and janazaj we have more to get at teams than 352. That is why the great fergie sides of 94 99 07 and 08 worked, there was speed in the team to cut sides open at will. I do not see when everyone is fit of DDG rafeal jones evans rojo shaw carrick herrera mata rooney RVP being effective has an attacking unit, there is nothing in that team that can hurt teams on the counter. Even the dutch side in the world cup had speed in their team, this team is so one paced its going to be easy for teams to defend against.

Tell me how we would not have anyone linking up our midfield? its called juan mata, he is playing the number 10 role, he links up the midfield has he drops deep create for the striker, and brings our wide boys into play, that is what the 4231 system does when you have a pure number 10. All I see from RVP and rooney is 2 very slow strikers, which leaves our midfield to get overrun

The bolded part seems to be your opinion, rather than a majority consesus. United fans would much rather see those players on the pitch than some of our one dimensional winger like young or valencia. We can not keep switching system, so we need a go to formation and the 1-4-2-3-1 is not it with the players we have. At the last part, my lineup did not suggestion Rooney and van Persie but rather a system that has two strikers that would complement each other(this partnership might still work in a 1-4-2-2-2 as I suggested). To answer the question posed, where was the link up when Rooney and Mata played together in our last three games? That pairing needs a target man with good technical ability or a player with direct pace to get the best out of them down the middle.

The bolded part seems to be your opinion, rather than a majority consesus. United fans would much rather see those players on the pitch than some of our one dimensional winger like young or valencia. We can not keep switching system, so we need a go to formation and the 1-4-2-3-1 is not it with the players we have. At the last part, my lineup did not suggestion Rooney and van Persie but rather a system that has two strikers that would complement each other(this partnership might still work in a 1-4-2-2-2 as I suggested). To answer the question posed, where was the link up when Rooney and Mata played together in our last three games? That pairing needs a target man with good technical ability or a player with direct pace to get the best out of them down the middle.

You saying we need a target man, again rooney played the one upfront in the 2009/10 season and scored 34 goals. Tell me how is wilson proven at this level? and this idea we must play 2 strikers again is pretty outdated, kagwa welbeck cannot even get into the side, so this idea we are that much stronger in the middle is not actually accurate, when janazaj alone could offer the team more than welbeck and kagwa combined, let alone put wilson in this category. Like I say, if di maria was signed we would not even need to play 352. And if you looked at the 2008/09 season, most of the time it was ronaldo and the limited park playing out wide, so I do not know why it is such a problem to play janazaj with valencia or young on the other side in a 4231 system. I would rather we played mata off rooney, than trying to fit in rooney RVP and mata in the same team, where everything is played central. Like I say, to get the best out of mata he is best served in a 4231 system, because he has players with speed he can aim for, in a 352 system, who can he possibly aim for? if everything is played through the middle. The reason why mata has been ineffective is because he has no one out-wide other than rooney and hernandez, not the greatest of options. Mata a good player, but he needs players who can stretch teams

It is simple, drop rooney RVP or mata, all 3 cannot work, too be honest mata is not very good playing with 2 strikers because of the type of player he is

You saying we need a target man, again rooney played the one upfront in the 2009/10 season and scored 34 goals. Tell me how is wilson proven at this level? and this idea we must play 2 strikers again is pretty outdated, kagwa welbeck cannot even get into the side, so this idea we are that much stronger in the middle is not actually accurate, when janazaj alone could offer the team more than welbeck and kagwa combined, let alone put wilson in this category. Like I say, if di maria was signed we would not even need to play 352. And if you looked at the 2008/09 season, most of the time it was ronaldo and the limited park playing out wide, so I do not know why it is such a problem to play janazaj with valencia or young on the other side in a 4231 system. I would rather we played mata off rooney, than trying to fit in rooney RVP and mata in the same team, where everything is played central. Like I say, to get the best out of mata he is best served in a 4231 system, because he has players with speed he can aim for, in a 352 system, who can he possibly aim for? if everything is played through the middle. The reason why mata has been ineffective is because he has no one out-wide other than rooney and hernandez, not the greatest of options. Mata a good player, but he needs players who can stretch teams

We have more quality depth in the central position than we have out wide. Di Maria can play in a 1-4-2-2-2 system, so can Januzaj. Even in a 1-3-5-2,they can play in that system asell albeit not as proficient as my 1-4-2-2-2 system. I do not know why you would want to overlook our central players just to play a system that benefits our lack of quality numbers in the wide area. Nevertheless, that is your opinion and I doubt Van Gaal would would opt for that style with Rooney, Van Persie, Welbeck, Mata, Kagawa and Wilson has our central option. So, I am pretty much wasting my time and if Van gaal opt for a lone striking system, I would congratulate your opinion. I am mostly right, so I have nothing to worry about with me being wrong in this argument.

We have more quality depth in the central position than we have out wide. Di Maria can play in a 1-4-2-2-2 system, so can Januzaj. Even in a 1-3-5-2,they can play in that system asell albeit not as proficient as my 1-4-2-2-2 system. I do not know why you would want to overlook our central players just to play a system that benefits our lack of quality numbers in the wide area. Nevertheless, that is your opinion and I doubt Van Gaal would would opt for that style with Rooney, Van Persie, Welbeck, Mata, Kagawa and Wilson has our central option. So, I am pretty much wasting my time and if Van gaal opt for a lone striking system, I would congratulate your opinion. I am mostly right, so I have nothing to worry about with me being wrong in this argument.

Even though half our central players cannot play in the same team especially Rooney mata and RVP, yea we looking good already. Wilson unproven at this level, kagwa has been a flop, welbeck cannot get a game, RVP is injured. Yea we looking good in the central area aren't we, when one signing of di Maria changes the system completely. Even mata I do not even think is what united need which I call a panic buy, on paper the central area may look stronger, even though the main guys play in the same team. And where does janazaj play in a 352 system ? Even though he's been weak has a number 10. I do not know how a 352 system all of a sudden works for this squad, when we have no natural wingbacks

Last edited:
Even though half our central players cannot play in the same team especially Rooney mata and RVP, yea we looking good already. Wilson unproven at this level, kagwa has been a flop, welbeck cannot get a game, RVP is injured. Yea we looking good in the central area aren't we, when one signing of di Maria changes the system completely. Even mata I do not even think is what united need which I call a panic buy, on paper the central area may look stronger, even though all of them cannot all play in the same team. And where does janazaj play in a 352 system ? Even though he's been weak has a number 10. I do not know how a 352 system all of a sudden works for this squad, when we have no natural wingbacks

Januzaj can play as the striker next to Rooney our as the number 10 behind the two strikers. He can also play as a fullback, but only complemented by a number 6, due to his lack of defensive nous as a left wing back.

Januzaj can play as the striker next to Rooney our as the number 10 behind the two strikers. He can also play as a fullback, but only complemented by a number 6, due to his lack of defensive nous as a left wing back.

janazaj's best games for united is in the Ronaldo role for united/Madrid. If we want him to blossom keep him on that wide position, and unless van gaal signs another winger and a CM, van gaal is in for a shock that 352 does not work with this squad, why? Our fullbacks are not wingbacks, and our limited wide players and not wingbacks, and our central players are too slow. So in all it's a system destined to fail, because the club failed in the transfer window again, which will cost us champions league footie again

Ok lads I've given up the Vidal ghost. This one is happening right? Don't know why but just have this feeling we might get him. Don't ask me why though

thomas_connor_angeldelight.jpg

We can't really fit Rooney, RvP, Mata plus Di Maria in without playing one out of position or risking the balance. Just replace Kagawa with Mata and you have the same conundrum we've had since 2012, only now with Di Maria to sort out. But he's so good you can't turn him down.
And Januzaj who needs to play, hes going to be the heart of our future side, as well as being starting 11 quality now.

If we somehow by some miracle manage to sign him, I think he will play CM in our current set up.

LVG converted Schweinsteiger from a winger to a CM, don't see why he can't do the same with di maria.

Status
Not open for further replies.