Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney is now the captain. It doesn't matter where he 'wants' to play. He has to do the greater good for the team
That is a good point also well played by LVG. I would also imagine most of the squad would be very excited to play with someone of Di Maria's ability, so it's win, win.

Absolutely no way that we'll offer €70m for him and €250k a week on top of circa €100m we have already spent in this window. Nor am I sure I'd like us too, he seems like he'd be another panic buy made to appease fans and make us look competitive without really knowing where the hell he could play for us and what he'd contribute. He's a top class player just not what we need right now IMO. In the hindsight van Persie signing does seem a little restricting for us - we cannot effectively pull off 433 with both van Persie and Rooney and both are too good to be benched, we are virtually stuck to a 2-striker formation that has not worked for us for a while.

I agree he is not that type of player and he will create alot of chances but when it comes down to the nuts and bolts of it hes not twice as talented as Gotze, Fabregas or say Sanchez who we seen move for about 40 million each, hes not as talented as Suarez who we seen move for a similiar fee, I really feel RM are taking advantage of our situation and paying us back for Ronaldo, If he was moving to Bayern or Arsenal I feel he would be valued alot lower than with us and PSG as the main interested parties

Yes the price always reflects the potential buyers. In our situation that's the price. We're over a barrel, and Madrid know it.

When this kind of player is available, you gotta go for him. I don't understand why people are asking where will he play, when he played quite a lot in CM lately at a very high level.

Also, if we manage to get him and Januzaj progresses like we know he can we will have two wingers that can do absolutely everything: run, drible, score, cross and find a good pass.

I don't see what's the problem with the price, to get top player you must pay top money. People keep going how top players join Real and Barca because of the weather, the birds or some other shit, but the truth is that they join them because they are the only ones that put the money where their mouth is.

Don't mean to be rude here to question you but are you saying that you wouldn't sign him because it would block young and Valencias development?

I agree with Otto. If he comes here he'd have to share game time with Young and Valencia and that would mean they'd have a difficult time finding form as unquestionable number 1's on each side. I am not sure Di Maria would accept being tutored by Young, but if he would then he'd be a great signing.

I think with time under the guidance of Young and Valencia Di Maria could possibly become a starter for us.

Just to kill this one off. This is the same lad who's pulled this stunt a few times. His profile picture, once again, is clearly not the same guy stood with Rojo.

He had a busy day. That muppet smile from Ed, he's just one of us!

I agree with Otto. If he comes here he'd have to share game time with Young and Valencia and that would mean they'd have a difficult time finding form as unquestionable number 1's on each side. I am not sure Di Maria would accept being tutored by Young, but if he would then he'd be a great signing.

I think with time under the guidance of Young and Valencia Di Maria could possibly become a starter for us.
You know what I think that something that LVG will of thought of in great depth. I just think it's mental that we would pass up an opportunity to sign a WC player of his ilk when he is available. Look at the WC players we have missed out on that could have turned our fortunes immediately. I think it's a great problem to have and will invariably encourage both young and Valencia to raise their game, which will encourage their development in my opinion. Great teams have 2/3 WC players in their sides fighting for positions that's how it should be. We keep banging in about being the best club in the world but it's time to show it for once and finally catch up with other sides in the PL and in Europe.

You know what I think that something that LVG will of thought of in great depth. I just think it's mental that we would pass up an opportunity to sign a WC player of his ilk when he is available. Look at the WC players we have missed out on that could have turned our fortunes immediately. I think it's a great problem to have and will invariably encourage both young and Valencia to raise their game, which will encourage their development in my opinion. Great teams have 2/3 WC players in their sides fighting for positions that's how it should be. We keep banging in about being the best club in the world but it's time to show it for once and finally catch up with other sides in the PL and in Europe.

Was just a joke mate!

Di Maria has no problems with Real Madrid. He just wants a pay rise. RM can't afford that

Now I've seen everything that life has to offer. I can die in peace now

Modric arrived in 2012. and signed a new contract yesterday.

Benzema arrived in 2009. and signed a new contract earlier this month.

DI Maria arrived in 2010. and signed a new contract two years ago, but now he wants to double it, so he will be sold for 50-60 mil €. This is a situation where both the club and the player feel like they hold the cards in their hands and no one will back down. I just want it over as soon as possible..

I can't believe Madrid couldn't afford to give him €20m over 4-year contract.

I reckon this was the player that Rooney told Crerard we are "supposed to be getting". It was obviously someone that Wayne was excited about and someone that Paddy had heard of (which probably rules out the likes of Vidal and Rojo). Also makes sense that Wayne would have been told in advance, to reassure him about his own role in the team.

It just makes too much sense so we must be in, the only thing preventing it is finances our end since we have already spent a lot of money therefore another £40 - £50m might not be possible but that would surprise me.

Louis van Gaal has potentially a player who would be our best wing back or in a 4-3-1-2 our best number 8 or in a 4-2-1-3 our best winger. If that doesn't make him scream I want then I don't know what will.

Di Maria angling for a pay rise, RM calling his bluff. A compromise will be reached.

Don't think so.

People thought the same thing about Ozil. It's the same situation - Perez no longer cares about the player. His new galacticos are all that matter to him - Ronaldo, Bale, Kroos, James and (soon enough) Falcao. There will be no room for Di Maria going forward, beyond being an impact sub.

Don't think so.

People thought the same thing about Ozil. It's the same situation - Perez no longer cares about the player. His new galacticos are all that matter to him - Ronaldo, Bale, Kroos, James and (soon enough) Falcao. There will be no room for Di Maria going forward, beyond being an impact sub.

Yup, RM are one of a kind.

Don't think so.

Actually I think it may actually be more business-like than that. Real Madrid do actually have a pay structure and they can't afford to have players re-negotiate after a good season. If the reported figures are right then he's asking to become the second best player in the squad. Ahead of Bale and a long way ahead of the players Perez considers to be the core of the team like Ramos. Perez doesn't like Di Maria's negotiating tactics, so as a businessman he doesn't like Di Maria.

From Perez's perspective he's had his big payback on Di Maria and it came in Lisbon. He's now looking at Di Maria as an investment. He's 26 and very few players retire at Madrid, in fact since Perez returned he's made a big thing of reducing squad age. Ancelotti is looking at this season, Perez is looking at a player who has had two great half seasons in 4 years and betting that in two years he'll either want another payrise (because he's playing well) or he'll be sold.

If someone offers enough money he's gone, which isn't quite the same as they want to sell him.

Ancelotti confirmed he asked to leave in his press conference.

he is gonna end up at PSG, isn't he?

Also Guillem Balague saying we haven't bid for him as of yet.

If he wants to leave we should at least enquire about a fee.

So Real will sell only if they get the offer they want. How many years does he have left on his contract? Cant be less than 2 or 3 ..

Well if Ancelotti says he wants out, PSG are somewhat blocked by FFP ( I don't personally believe it but ok ) and LVG called him a world class winger as our manager then it's up to Woodward now. He's got what, 12 days?

Well if Ancelotti says he wants out, PSG are somewhat blocked by FFP ( I don't personally believe it but ok ) and LVG called him a world class winger as our manager then it's up to Woodward now. He's got what, 12 days?
If PSG want him they'll find some way round FFP even if that means some sort of loan deal.

I reckon this was the player that Rooney told Crerard we are "supposed to be getting". It was obviously someone that Wayne was excited about and someone that Paddy had heard of (which probably rules out the likes of Vidal and Rojo). Also makes sense that Wayne would have been told in advance, to reassure him about his own role in the team.
I thought that initially, got extremely extremely excited but as the days go on I'm really losing hope that this will happen. I can't muster up anymore positivity at the minute as I just have no faith that Ed can get this done. I hope he proves me wrong!

If PSG want him they'll find some way round FFP even if that means some sort of loan deal.

Yea probably, not saying it's the insurmountable obstacle for them, rather something to slow them down. We have to take an advantage of it and simply execute it mercilessly within days imo.

Those cnuts will probably find some way to flog one of their players for some stupid money and get him otherwise.

The Ancelotti quote has made me take some interest in this now. Absolutely had ZERO belief he'd come before today. Still think PSG would be the most likely though.

United should do to Real Madrid what they do to everyone else. Get players like RVP, Rooney, Mata and Rojo to publically say Di Maria is brilliant and the type of player United should attract. He would be welcomed with open arms. Payback time.

I've not seen a lot of him recently, how good is he in comparison to other wingers? Or would he likely be played at CM if we did "sign" him....

Yea probably, not saying it's the insurmountable obstacle for them, rather something to slow them down. We have to take an advantage of it and simply execute it mercilessly within days imo.

Those cnuts will probably find some way to flog one of their players for some stupid money and get him otherwise.
Yeah, Cavani to us probably!!

The Ancelotti quote has made me take some interest in this now. Absolutely had ZERO belief he'd come before today. Still think PSG would be the most likely though.

I think we can get him if we really want it now. PSG cannot pay straight up cash to Real right now and will be looking for a loan.

Question is if we wanna pay that much big fee and wages for him and whether LVG wants to abandon the 3-5-2 already.

Status
Not open for further replies.