Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This formation would require a back 4 not 5 if that's what you mean. I did say 4312 or 41212.
Ah, yes, now I'm following. In that case, yes, I agree that it could very much work. Maybe a bit on the narrow side, but with the right full backs (Shaw and Rafael, as opposed to for instance Jones) I could see us pulling it off.

You're probably right, and I'm probably a bit thick, but you can't have a midfield diamond consisting of Carrick, Herrera, Di Maria and Mata and two strikers ahead of them, if you're playing three with three at the back in addition to two wing backs?

I specified 4312/41212 in the first post you replied to mate.

Edit: wahey we are on the same page.

I specified 4312/41212 in the first post you replied to mate.

Edit: wahey we are on the same page.
Yes, I was a bit thick there.

I think that tactical flexibility that Di Maria would give us is the most important reason why we he should be at the top of our list. We can survive another season with Carrick as our main defensive midfielder and Fletcher deputizing, if we had to make a choice between Di Maria and Vidal.

Far too much debate about how he would fit in our system......just sign him and then we'll figure it out

He would be a brilliant option for us in almost any role except central defense and fullback. Obviously wing back would be a huge waste of his ability, but he'd do a fantastic job there if we ever needed him to.

There's really no need for people to worry about where we play him.

He is available and worth 200k per week right now to us, the question is price however do we really think Madrid do not want to sell him? They have no place for him and surely cannot turn down £40m if we offered it.

You never know we may panic and spunk a load on deadline day on him. Is it true Sky said Lvg wants Ed to get him?

You never know we may panic and spunk a load on deadline day on him. Is it true Sky said Lvg wants Ed to get him?
I hate 31 August, starts full of hope, turns to panic by 6pm, desperation by 8, always ends in abject despair, ......unless this happens

I hate 31 August, starts full of hope, turns to panic by 6pm, desperation by 8, always ends in abject despair, ......unless this happens
"Dimi, Dimi, Dimi a man after midnight!"

Now that was one heck of an August 31st, even if in hindsight it didn't work out as well as we'd all hoped. Don't lose faith, it could happen again!

Nothing could have been worse than last year....Fellaini's signing hindered rather than helped the team.

I think this guy is going to PSG I know they said that they've dropped out of the running for him but I still wouldnt put it past them to get him.

It really pains me to say this, but Glaston has a point there.

Di maria would be a great signing, but great teams are built from the back, di maria in a side with poor midfield and defense won't make a huge impact, however, in a side with strong defense and powerful midfield, the likes of mata, rooney, rvp, adnan, kagawa and welbeck will shine even without a pacey winger.

For example, if i could choose between overpaying for Benatia and vidal or di maria, i'd go for the former two every time, even if it's between di maria and vidal, i'd still go for vidal.

Of course in a perfect world we would sign di maria, vidal and Benatia, but we all know that's not gonna happen, that'd take our spending close 190M this summer, it'd probably be di maria, rojo and blind or something close to that in terms of quality.

What would you rather have?

It really pains me to say this, but Glaston has a point there.

Di maria would be a great signing, but great teams are built from the back, di maria in a side with poor midfield and defense won't make a huge impact, however, in a side with strong defense and powerful midfield, the likes of mata, rooney, rvp, adnan, kagawa and welbeck will shine even without a pacey winger.

For example, if i could choose between overpaying for Benatia and vidal or di maria, i'd go for the former two every time, even if it's between di maria and vidal, i'd still go for vidal.

Of course in a perfect world we would sign di maria, vidal and Benatia, but we all know that's not gonna happen, that'd take our spending close 190M this summer, it'd probably be di maria, rojo and blind or something close to that in terms of quality.

What would you rather have?
I don't think signing Di Maria (if it happens) will be what stopped us from signing Vidal. I think the club recognizes what we needs, but also recognizes the fact that we need to raise the quality of the squad at a time where signing top-class players doesn't seem to be the easiest of things for United, so you got to take them when they're available.

Jonathan Johnson also said afew backs that L'Equipe were not reliable when they reported that Di Maria prefers a move to the EPL.

I'm sure he will join PSG once they offload a couple of players.

Considering PSG overpaid for those other players, I'm not sure which other club would be willing to pick up the tab for Lavezzi or Cavani.

If they put Veratti up however, we should be all over that!

LVG said the team is unbalanced at present, and I think we all know that there are too many offensive players at present. We absolutely need to build from the back. I don't think we are even in for Di Maria.

How are there too many offensive players?

I think it's blatantly obvious that we are currently top-heavy. We have plenty of wingers, strikers (including too many number 10's), yet on our opening game of the season we had two academy players in our starting 11 in defensive positions. It's plain to see that we need a centre back, left back/wing back and a defensive midfielder. The only reason why we are struggling to go forward is because we can't build possession from the back, or defend.

Could he play in midfield for us or do we think he would be used mainly as a winger? One thing I like a lot about him is that he's a player who is comfortable carrying the ball which is something we desperately need.

This guy has been repeating the same shit for a month. Bet PSG fans are fed up of him.

Well this is according to L'Equipe he is just relaying the news. They are one of the most trustworthy newspapers in europe imo. They didnt say a deal is finalized theres still something things to be worked out but personally I think they will get him. Unlike us PSG are decisive in the transfer market.

Well this is according to L'Equipe he is just relaying the news. They are one of the most trustworthy newspapers in europe imo. They didnt say a deal is finalized theres still something things to be worked out but personally I think they will get him. Unlike us PSG are decisive in the transfer market.

It pains me to see that in the past 12-13 months, even Arsenal are more decisive in the transfer market than us.

I think it's blatantly obvious that we are currently top-heavy. We have plenty of wingers, strikers (including too many number 10's), yet on our opening game of the season we had two academy players in our starting 11 in defensive positions. It's plain to see that we need a centre back, left back/wing back and a defensive midfielder. The only reason why we are struggling to go forward is because we can't build possession from the back, or defend.

He specifically said we have too many no10s and strikers, not enough quality wide attackers like Ronaldo or Di Maria but we're not in for him....

I'm choosing to blindly believe in that photo Rojo 'liked'.
His likes have been reliable this far, why doubt it now :D.

So, Rojo 5, Di Maria 7? :devil:

Would a midfield of Maria, Herrera and Mata work? I just can't see us signing a CM should we get this guy and with how LvG has set his stall out I believe we'll be sticking with the 3-5-2 formation.

I'm choosing to blindly believe in that photo Rojo 'liked'.
His likes have been reliable this far, why doubt it now :D.

So, Rojo 5, Di Maria 7? :devil:
:D:D:D

You don't need Di Maria, just like you didn't need Mata ... the alleged "world-class" signing of just 7 months ago that many of you are now apparently eager to ditch in favour of Di Maria.

One is a a hard working winger and CM, the other is just another featherweight CAM in the squad that doesn't have good wingers and creative CM's, but has CAM's to fill a house.
Seriously, how can you even compare the two players..?

If United commit £100m (fee and wages) on Di Maria it will be the final proof that your transfer policy is not only up shit creek but has thrown away the paddle. He'd be a big-name signing to appease certain sections of the fan base and not much more.

This is just wrong, every word is wrong.

Di Maria is exactly what United needs. A versatile player that can play in midfield 3 and on the wing. Erratic and brilliant at the same time. He will frustrate at times (and make up for it with his work rate), but he will also win games on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.