Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ed is not getting the Rojo deal done, no way he is getting this done..

This... slightly worried about Ed with any transfers.

Hopefully Real just want some cash in, we have a decent relationship with them, and we can just wrap this one up. But chances are we've been negotiating for 3 months already and Woodward is being slow and useless.

There is no rule that We have to spent shitloads like city or Chelsea or Madrid. We were winning titles before without having to splurge and we were just fine.

Yes because we had SAF, 3 of the best defenders in the world and Ronaldo in that period and they have ALL gone and we haven't replaced them.

The effects of not reinvesting is clearly showing now.

Over the period they have been here that's peanuts compared to our rivals not only domestically but in Europe aswell.

But then, the amount we have won compared to our domestic rivals and how we have competed against our european rivals is at least on a par...

Typical spoilt fan moaning that we never spend. No use of your brain, whatsoever.

They also massively improved our turnover and reduced our costs, and under the PLC we'd have had other associated costs that would drag money out, but this isn't a debate for this thread.

Any decent business minded people could have improved the turnover of Manchester United, it's a goldmine. As you said it's not a debate for this thread.

Really who cares what he costs?

When you get a player that good, you just get him and rework the formation to fit him

But then, the amount we have won compared to our domestic rivals and how we have competed against our european rivals is at least on a par...

Typical spoilt fan moaning that we never spend. No use of your brain, whatsoever.

If you don't believe this squad needs investment, you are clearly the one who needs their brain checked.

If you don't beie this squad needs investment, you are clearly the won who needs their brain checked.

Did I say our squad doesn't need investment? Stop putting words in my mouth. Saying we do actually spend is different to saying we don't need investment, surprisingly :rolleyes:

:lol: your ignorance amuses me.

You are easily amused my friend.

If you have nothing constructive to say and want to resort to personal abuse i suggest you shut up.

£100m total cost, when £50m is the transfer fee, works out at around £192k per week.

Why are people losing their shit as if that's some spectacularly over the top figure?
How else can they blame Woodward? We don't sign a player he's shit, we do sign a player he's overpriced and Woodward is shit. A hurricane in America and Woodward is shit.

Yes because we had SAF, 3 of the best defenders in the world and Ronaldo in that period and they have ALL gone and we haven't replaced them.

You are living in a totally different era. We won titles after Ronaldo left, when vida was out all season injuried and rio was ruled out with back problem. We have invested shitloads since fergie left and we will continue to do so. Mata,fellaini, Herrera, shaw are players for all whom we paid top dollar

Mata out wide is a disaster. I think Mata needs to be dropped personally.

DDG
Rafael Smalling Benatia Shaw
Strootman
Herrera Januzaj
Cuadrado Rooney Di Maria
That would be the long term plan in my opinion (no chance of it happening mind.).
Why the hell would you buy Coudrado for 35m, when u can swap his position with januzaj and play mata in the midfield 3? player we actually own.

IF we get him I'd love to see him play a similar role to the one he played at Madrid last season, with Rooney playing the one Ronaldo is.

-----------------DDG-----------------
Rafael------Smalling--newsigning--Shaw

---------------newsigning-------------
----------Herrera-------Di Maria-------

Januzaj----------RvP------------Rooney

With Di Maria also providing width from the left and Rooney drifiting into the striker position a lot.
Could work very well. Still need a CM though.

You are living in a totally different era. We won titles after Ronaldo left, when vida was out all season injuried and rio was ruled out with back problem. We have invested shitloads since fergie left and we will continue to do so. Mata,fellaini, Herrera, shaw are players for all whom we paid top dollar

Invested in the likes of Nani, Buttner and Anderson etc... :rolleyes:

Apart for RVP there really hasn't been a notable signing, maybe Berbatov apart for that it has been poor.

In that time Chelsea, City and even the Arse have brought in players of the calibre of Hazard, Fabregas, Costa, Y Toure, Aguero, Kompany, Sanchez, Ozil etc and not mention the players Barca, Bayern,Real, PSG have bought in... maybe only Mata compares but we can't get the best out of him.

I agree Shaw and Herrera are good players but not finished articles.

Well the main point it is we are not spending money on the top players. when it is required.

IF we get him I'd love to see him play a similar role to the one he played at Madrid last season, with Rooney playing the one Ronaldo is.

With Di Maria also providing width from the left and Rooney drifiting into the striker position a lot.
That could work. It's Mata, though. The luxury problem. I'd much rather see us play a 4-3-3 with two talented #8's than a #10 in there. Liverpool's front five for me is ideal - pace out wide with Sterling and Markovic, a good striker in Sturridge, then two mobile all-round midfielders in Coutinho and Henderson. If we could have the guile of di Maria and Januzaj out wide, with Ander and Strootman playing in midfield with a shield behind them...

Invested in the likes of Nani, Buttner and Anderson etc... :rolleyes:

Apart for RVP there really hasn't been a notable signing, maybe Berbatov apart for that it has been poor.

In that time Chelsea, City and even the Arse have brought in players of the calibre of Hazard, Fabregas, Costa, Y Toure, Aguero, Kompany, Sanchez, Ozil etc and not mention the players Barca, Bayern,Real, PSG have bought in... maybe only Mata compares but we can't get the best out of him.

I agree Shaw and Herrera are good players but not finished articles.

Well the main point it is we are not spending money on the top players. when it is required.

Christ, how old are you? 14? Get your head around to what other posters are having to say. When was the last time arsenal won a title? I am sure you weren't even born back then. How many titles did Chelsea or city win compared to united in the last 5-6 years? We have busted over a 100mill since last season and you are still complaining. Why don't you do us all a favor and get back to football manager.

Christ, how old are you? 14? Get your head around to what other posters are having to say. When was the last time arsenal won a title? I am sure you weren't even born back then. How many titles did Chelsea or city win compared to united in the last 5-6 years? We have busted over a 100mill since last season and you are still complaining. Why don't you do us all a favor and get back to football manager.

No you need to get your head around to what I'm trying to say instead of resorting to personal abuse and assumptions, it's just making you look silly.

In the last 5 seasons we have won 2 league titles and with the players we have currently and the lack of activity it looks like its going to be 2 out of 6.

If you don't think my point about our rivals signing better quality players than us is valid then it's you who needs to brush up on your football knowledge.

And no i don't play football manager.

The DM signing would need to be very strong defensively like De Jong or Cavalho. De Jong will do..

No you need to get your head around to what I'm trying to say instead of resorting to personal abuse and assumptions, it's just making you look silly.

In the last 5 seasons we have won 2 league titles and with the players we have currently and the lack of activity it looks like its going to be 2 out of 6.

If you don't think my point about our rivals signing better quality players than us is valid then it's you who needs to brush up on your football knowledge.

And no i don't play football manager.

Lucky for me, I ain't the only poster who feels the same about your posts.

Lucky for me, I ain't the only poster who feels the same about your posts.

Yes you and one other.

Again you are making it personal instead of responding to the points made. Maybe the ignore button is more handy than i originally thought it to be.

This is what i would like see, Rooney can roam in to the centre and Di Maria switch to the left, However as mentioned, Mata reduces our flexibility. Fantastic player but, he limits the interchange in our team, still dont really understand the signing, almost a Madrid signing, signing a marquee player we really don't need.

This. The whole squad needs a major overhaul now. Everyone can see it.

This is what i would like see, Rooney can roam in to the centre and Di Maria switch to the left, However as mentioned, Mata reduces our flexibility. Fantastic player but, he limits the interchange in our team, still dont really understand the signing, almost a Madrid signing, signing a marquee player we really don't need.

Let's see how strong a manager LVG really is, i agree about your point on Mata, let's see if he drops him for the greater good of the team and the system.

You are forgetting Keane Scholes and Giggs, none were ever replaced, we had the best midfield of four in the world at some point and only Becks was replaced by Ronaldo with very little money spent. Of course we also went on to also sell him and never use the money recieved from the most expensive transfer ever.

You are forgetting Keane Scholes and Giggs, none were ever replaced, we had the best midfield of four in the world at some point and only Becks was replaced by Ronaldo with very little money spent. Of course we also went on to also sell him and never use the money recieved from the most expensive transfer ever.

Despite the criticism received Michael Carrick has been a very good player for us, Fletcher was decent for a while, also Fergie changed the way we played after Keane left, we didn't feel his loss as much. As for Scholes massive miss, so much so Fergie brought him out of retirement and he left the club only a season ago and we replaced him with afroman/Cleverly :wenger: which is part of my point. Giggs only recently retired but we have a gem in Januzaj to replace him.

I think one constant is SAF, he held it all together, no surprise it's falling apart now with he squad we have.

100m for Di Maria. "No,dont do it". *Jim Ross voice*

To put it into context, by that way of weighing up a transfer fee, at the age of 29 Van Persie cost United £60m and Mata cost over £70m.

Rooney's total bill will be way over £150m by the time he finishes with us.

Why are people talking about is as £100m?

That's his fee, plus wages etc. deals never normally get spoken of like that.

I usually don't care about transfer fees. But if we really did spend that type of money on di Maria it would be a sad day for me. I'd prefer no signings.

It would be properly desperate. He is a terrific player but he is also at times inconsistent. When Di Maria has an off day he is really really shit.

Again, if we don't spend Glazers aren't spending.

If we spend, we're spending too much and rather have no one. :wenger: Even if you cared about the money involve which I don't, 50m as a transfer fee and 50m for a 5 year contract is a good price to pay for a top 5 winger in the world.

I usually don't care about transfer fees. But if we really did spend that type of money on di Maria it would be a sad day for me. I'd prefer no signings.

It would be properly desperate. He is a terrific player but he is also at times inconsistent. When Di Maria has an off day he is really really shit.

That is such a ridiculous comment in so many ways.

£100m is far too big a transfer fee to pay, even for someone as good as him.
Please bite

You're saying that as if we're breaking new ground in terms of money. A £50m fee may be higher than we've gone before but not by miles, and his wages would be well below what Rooney is reported to be on, so which bit troubles you?

Yes you and one other.

Again you are making it personal instead of responding to the points made. Maybe the ignore button is more handy than i originally thought it to be.

Take a step back. You are whining about people being personal and are doing the same. No need to get drawn in.

Why are people talking about is as £100m?

That's his fee, plus wages etc. deals never normally get spoken of like that.

Makes for a catchier headline. And it seems a few on here have fallen for it, like Antisocial.

please bite back back

This is truly ridiculous. If we dont spend people cry we're not spending and buying, now there's a story about us possibly getting Di Maria and people are crying about a fee and that we shouldn't spend so much...

That figure 100 mil. is not the fee itself but people dont want to know this... Despite the fact it has been stated and repeated numerous times..

Status
Not open for further replies.