Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for comparison Rooney's new wage contract alone is worth upto £86 million (inc. bonus) so £100 million for Di Maria including the estimated £50 million transfer fee, wages of about seasons, signing bonus, performance escalators, loyalty bonus, agent fee for Mendes etc isn't that obscene. Especially when he is one of Adidas' landmark players.

Di Maria would be an amazing addition to our attack he'll inject some much needed pace upfront. I'm sure LvG will fit him in somewhere so we shouldnt worry about that. If he comes we'll be getting a world class player no question about it.

And for fecks sake people READ the article says 100m in wages AND transfer fee dunno how many times this needs to be repeated!!

He would be an excellent signing, probably the difference between finishing in the top four and not - I hope you don't get him but I'd love to see him tested in the PL.

Di Maria would be an amazing addition to our attack he'll inject some much needed pace upfront. I'm sure LvG will fit him in somewhere so we shouldnt worry about that. If he comes we'll be getting a world class player no question about it.

And for fecks sake people READ the article says 100m in wages AND transfer fee dunno how many times this needs to be repeated!!

Assume he gets £200k a week, that's £2.4M a year. Now let's say he gets a five year deal, that's about £10M over the length of the contract. £90M is still too much for Di Maria.

Assume he gets £200k a week, that's £2.4M a year. Now let's say he gets a five year deal, that's about £10M over the length of the contract. £90M is still too much for Di Maria.
Check your maths there #12weekyear

There are 52 weeks in a year, 52x200k= 10.4 m a year.

Don't forget LvG is bold enough to bench stars. If Di Maria comes I Think Mata will see a lot less playing time with Januzaj and Angel flanking Rooney behind RvP.

There are 52 weeks in a year, 52x200k= 10.4 m a year.

Right you are, how the hell do you even spend that much money as a footballer. You barely have time besides practice, travel and games.

Right you are, how the hell do you even spend that much money as a footballer. You barely have time besides practice, travel and games.

Very fortunate people, play football for a living and retire at the age of 35 and if managed properly can live off career earnings for the rest of their lives.

I'm seeing posts where people are questioning the logic of the signing of a world class player because we play a 3-5-2 hence my earlier post.

I think that comes from the fact that getting the best out Mata has become a problem, a forty million pound problem that United created for themselves.

Add another thirty million pound problem sat on the bench (Fellaini) and you begin to question every big signing.

Yeah ,talkbollocks saying reports of a 100mil package being readied .Why not make it 200mil.

£100m total cost, when £50m is the transfer fee, works out at around £192k per week.

Why are people losing their shit as if that's some spectacularly over the top figure?

So are we still preparing that 100 million € package for him?

Well better than nothing. Means we have left the stage of monitoring the situation behind us.

£100m total cost, when £50m is the transfer fee, works out at around £192k per week.

Why are people losing their shit as if that's some spectacularly over the top figure?

Because they are interested in saving the money we won't spend anyway.

Not the biggest fan of di Maria myself ( simply don't like the cnut ) but I'll love him if he gets here. We need a pacey winger.

People just read the headlines and not the content, I guess.

Anyways, this looks very certain to happen IMO. Partly because this 100m briefing seems to be have been leaked to have an impact.

Cant believe so many are taken in by this. There is no way Di Maria is ending up here. Its typical Woodward rhetoric on the back of a shitty performance. Cue the typically low bid so we can say "we tried...".

Don't forget LvG is bold enough to bench stars. If Di Maria comes I Think Mata will see a lot less playing time with Januzaj and Angel flanking Rooney behind RvP.
I suspect something like that as Di Maria, to me, looks to be more flexible and is able to play a playmaking role coming from the left. That quartet would be more dynamic, fluid and almost impossible to stop at full flow.

People just read the headlines and not the content, I guess.

Anyways, this looks very certain to happen IMO. Partly because this 100m briefing seems to be have been leaked to have an impact.

Tell me again, what happened on Saturday? There is your reason for the briefing.

Honestly, if we were to actually get this guy it would galvanise the entire team

The reported fees are acceptable as well, 200k a week for a player of his calibre in today's market is to be expected.

And it's about time the Glazers invested in the squad properly, instead of bleeding the club dry. Our rivals are pulling away because of this we also don't have CL so we have to pay that little extra to get the very best players.

Cant believe so many are taken in by this. There is no way Di Maria is ending up here. Its typical Woodward rhetoric on the back of a shitty performance. Cue the typically low bid so we can say "we tried...".

Spot on.

And it's about time the Glazers invested in the squad properly, instead of bleeding the club dry. Our rivals are pulling away because of this we also don't have CL so we have to pay that little extra to get the very best players.

We've spent about £125m in the last year.

How much will it take for people to stop complaining that we don't spend enough?

We've spent about £125m in the last year.

How much will it take for people to stop complaining that we don't spend enough?

Over the period they have been here that's peanuts compared to our rivals not only domestically but in Europe aswell.

We have also used 700m of our REVENUE servicing THEIR debts. Think about it 700m, imagine that being spent on the squad.

Over the period they have been here that's peanuts compared to our rivals not only domestically but in Europe aswell.

There is no rule that We have to spent shitloads like city or Chelsea or Madrid. We were winning titles before without having to splurge and we were just fine.

We have also used 700m of our REVENUE servicing THEIR debts. Think about it 700m, imagine that being spent on the squad.

They also massively improved our turnover and reduced our costs, and under the PLC we'd have had other associated costs that would drag money out, but this isn't a debate for this thread.

Tbh it's hard to imagine we can wrap this deal up when we are struggling to sign players like Rojo.

Status
Not open for further replies.