Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
DiMaria has something ridiculous like 80 assists in his last 100 Madrid games. Madrid really are muppets.
I agree that Madrid are wrong to let him go. But that has nothing to do with those stats that you just posted as they do not tell the full story at all. Just because you got an assist does not mean that you played well and he (along with ozil) used to get assists in games where they were poor and regularly got shown up in big matches. The only reason I want him to stay was because of how good he was last season in midfield. He was consistent and turned up in all the big matches as well and was genuinely world class, which is not something I would have said about him in his first three seasons. If he was to have been sold on the basis of his first three seasons I wouldn't have been overly bothered as bale is much better on the right wing than di maria was.

Why would Mitten lie to sell papers? He doesn't even work for a paper.

Mitten is just another fan and pretend ITK. nothing more than that. All summer he has been blabbing that our primary target is Hummels.

He didn't have a clue about Herrera or Rojo as well. So why would anyone take his word?.

I love how one of those bullet points is
United boss Louis van Gaal has told chief executive Ed Woodward to sign Di Maria before the transfer window shuts
... as opposed to after the transfer window shuts? I can totally imagine Woodward being so incompetent this needs to be pointed out to him by LvG.

If we commit such a huge amount to Di Maria, are we accepting that we're abandoning the 352 already? That or Di Maria will have to convert into a wing back, prob left sided, leaving Shaw sitting on the bench getting fat.

If we commit such a huge amount to Di Maria, are we accepting that we're abandoning the 352 already? That or Di Maria will have to convert into a wing back, prob left sided, leaving Shaw sitting on the bench getting fat.

He can play in many positions as he demonstrated last season, he is a very flexible player. We changed formation at half time, I reckon we may see this happen quite a bit this season.

Van Gaal has said the reason we aren't playing a 4-3-3 is because we don't have top quality wingers. So maybe occasionally wed play the 3-5-2 with him at wingback, more often then not he'd be on the wing.

I think Van Gaal is revising his plans.

3-5-2 means we'd have to buy more than one defender before the window shuts and to be honest, there doesn't seem to be much quality around on that front.

If we switch back to a back four and go 4-3-3 it means Rojo could be enough and Di Maria then makes sense.

LB: Shaw, Rojo, Blackett
CB: Evans, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Blackett
RB: Rafael, Jones

Rafael - Evans - Rojo - Shaw

Herrera - Fletcher - Di Maria

Mata

Rooney - Welbeck​

Obviously you can tweak and move it around as you see for but as far as strength and options go as well as what is available on the market it makes a lot of sense, no?

di Maria - Rooney - Januzaj
We aren't going to waste di Maria in central midfield with a lopsided two man strike force and have Mata in the squad. It wouldn't be balanced at all.

Herrera mata dimaria januzaj and Rooney plus a new cm as our front 6 would challenge for the title

I agree that Madrid are wrong to let him go. But that has nothing to do with those stats that you just posted as they do not tell the full story at all. Just because you got an assist does not mean that you played well and he (along with ozil) used to get assists in games where they were poor and regularly got shown up in big matches. The only reason I want him to stay was because of how good he was last season in midfield. He was consistent and turned up in all the big matches as well and was genuinely world class, which is not something I would have said about him in his first three seasons. If he was to have been sold on the basis of his first three seasons I wouldn't have been overly bothered as bale is much better on the right wing than di maria was.

I've seen a fair bit of Real Madrid on Sky and was never bowled over by Di Maria. As it happened, I only watched a few matches last season, so I've never seen him in midfield. Was he playing as an AM? If so, he'll be a great addition to our overflowing collection.

Surely Di Maria would have loads of Champions League clubs willing to buy him if he was for sale? He's one of the best around in his position.

Surely Di Maria would have loads of Champions League clubs willing to buy him if he was for sale? He's one of the best around in his position.
Who would realistically pay the £50m Real want though? PSG can't, City can't, he doesn't want Monaco. Not really any clubs other than Barca or Madrid themselves would spend such a fee on a single player.

Financial Fair play restrictions are the only reason he's not in Paris earning big money at the minute, can't think of any other clubs that can afford him.

He may have to accept a reduced role at Madrid or drop out of the Champions League altogether by joining us.

Mitten is just another fan and pretend ITK. nothing more than that. All summer he has been blabbing that our primary target is Hummels.

He didn't have a clue about Herrera or Rojo as well. So why would anyone take his word?.

Stuff like this annoys me. All the journos got the same stuff about Hummels and almost every paper had him as a top target. Just because it doesn't happen doesn't mean he is a 'pretend ITK'. I'm pretty sure transfers are a lot more complicated than just throwing money at Dortmund hoping they'd accept. Just because he is a top target doesn't mean we'll get him.

None of the papers knew about Herrera or Rojo either. Does that make them all bullshitters too?

I've seen a fair bit of Real Madrid on Sky and was never bowled over by Di Maria. As it happened, I only watched a few matches last season, so I've never seen him in midfield. Was he playing as an AM? If so, he'll be a great addition to our overflowing collection.
He was playing in midfield on the left in a lopsided formation with modric sometimes alongside him or playing a bit deeper and with Alonso holding. He would move forward into an attacking midfield position and he would also move out to the left flank to attack on the wing as well as defend and cover for Ronaldo. Sometimes he would even stay in cm and dictate the play and let others go forward although he did this less than move to Am or the left. He truly is a versatile player with a brilliant attitude and that is why he stayed and it was ozil (who is more talented) that left.

Dortmund would sell Hummels if we offered enough money. We won't though.

Why would they? The season is about to start and they're already after losing Lewandowski.

They're financially healthy and players like Ginter need time playing alongside Hummels before he's ready to replace him.

Why would they? The season is about to start and they're already after losing Lewandowski.

They're financially healthy and players like Ginter need time playing alongside Hummels before he's ready to replace him.

Every player has a price. If you made them an offer they couldn't refuse, well then they wouldn't refuse it! If Madrid wanted him for example, they'd get him.

Stuff like this annoys me. All the journos got the same stuff about Hummels and almost every paper had him as a top target. Just because it doesn't happen doesn't mean he is a 'pretend ITK'. I'm pretty sure transfers are a lot more complicated than just throwing money at Dortmund hoping they'd accept. Just because he is a top target doesn't mean we'll get him.

None of the papers knew about Herrera or Rojo either. Does that make them all bullshitters too?

All papers just rehash just from each other. Its silly season.

It means no one has a clue about our transfers and so does he. How is he considered a valid source when it comes to Di maria?. He is clueless as everyone else.

It would take something stupid like £60 million. Hummels will leave for £30 million in a year or two. They have lost Lewandowski this year and will lose Reus next year. They turned down £30 million for Lewandowski and let him leave on a free. Hummels staying at Dortmund shouldn't really be a shock. The fact that the papers were linking him with a £20 million move is laughable.

It is about time for us to get some real rejects. Robben and sneidjer were some of the ones that got away in the past and were available at a very low price compared to their actual quality.

We might need to break our transfer record to get di maria but he is going to be worth it i think. Khedira for any price under 20million , it is a criminal not to sign him for that kind of price.

We should go for Höwedes....he's no world-beater but probably the best CB available for us

- He can play in 4-3-3 or 3-5-2
- International experience
- A leader (Captain of Schalke)
- I reckon he'll cost 20m €
- He's open to a move abroad
(http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/..._hoewedes-reizt-das-ausland---irgendwann.html)
- Finally a german at Old Trafford

I would really go for him....rather him than Rojo

We should go for Höwedes....he's no world-beater but probably the best CB available for us

- He can play in 4-3-3 or 3-5-2
- International experience
- A leader (Captain of Schalke)
- I reckon he'll cost 20m €
- He's open to a move abroad
(http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/..._hoewedes-reizt-das-ausland---irgendwann.html)
- Finally a german at Old Trafford

I would really go for him....rather him than Rojo
He's Schalke's captain and one of their best players. The chances of us getting him are probably on par with getting Hummels.

Though he would be great for us.

I think that may have passed when they gave Benzema his new contract. How can they fit Falcao into an attack already featuring Ronaldo, Bale, James?
In a 4-3-3 James replaces Di Maria and Ronaldo and Bales occupy the wide positions in the front 3 hence leaving Falcao to fight it out with Benzema for the no.9 role.

Would this signing mean we're switching to our 4231? Di Maria and Januzaj out wide, Mata behind presumably Rooney (since he's captain now)

RVP plays where?

Maybe he plans to play him up front in Robben's world cup role in the 352? Either way you'd think our strikers are going to be shafted.

If we play him at wing back I think I'm gonna give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.