Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We looked poor in 11/12, so signed RvP. Same last season, so signed Mata. We're playing a weird formation in order to get the best out of 3 forwards that are all seemingly undroppable. So in order to fix this we buy another forward without really looking at the crux of the problem, midfield. It sounds strange i'll admit, but if we're going 433 i hope we are in for him. But not at the cost of another centre mid. That's the key, as brilliant as he'd be here.

Ancelotti today: "Our phase of signings has closed and we're not going to reopen it." He also said Di Maria should get some minutes in their friendly tonight.

They've got a 23 man first team squad (though they can borrow U21s from their reserves to top up) so they don't carry a lot of spare players. Rumours persist that Khedira can move if the right bid comes in as he's only got a year left on his contract, and they're expected to promote one of the U21s if that happens.

But the possibility of a cut price deal on Di Maria because Real Madrid need his "non-EU" squad place for a new signing (like Falcao) is getting more remote by the day. At least that's what the Madrid press say. Though, of course, as LvG pointed out - it only takes a day to sign a player.

I will be absolute distraught if we don't sign this guy. We have no pace or trickery in our team whatsoever.

In fact, he should be the bare minimum. In reality, we need a Ronaldo or a Bale.

I will be absolute distraught if we don't sign this guy. We have no pace or trickery in our team whatsoever.

In fact, he should be the bare minimum. In reality, we need a Ronaldo or a Bale.
Exactly. That is always the way we have played aswell. We need some fast and exciting wide players to really scare the shit out of a team, Ashley Young and Valencia don't do that.

He would be my first choice too but if that fails people at United would be insulting our intelligence that there isn't a player of this nature or at least one who is better than Young/Valencia/Nani to offer us some trickery and goals from wide areas to complement Januzaj. Same with Vidal and Benatia, if we can't sign our first choice targets does it mean that in Serie A, Bundesliga and the French/Dutch league there aren't players that can improve us ?
What we need is to stop wasting time with no hopers and get in players, who even if they are not the best in the world, at least have some upside potential. I think it's better to have Clasie instead of Fellaini, Cleverley or Anderson ,.

Di Maria and Januzaj on either flank would terrorise any defence in the league.

Shit, that means he's not behind a white sheet walking in to Bridgewater hospital :(

We're going to save money by using the same plane for him, Benatia and Vidal. In fact we might as well throw Khedira and Cuadrado in while we're at it.

70 mill € for both of them and I'll personally bring them to Manchester

I think it's fair price. Khedira has one more season on his contract, so 15 mil € for him seems reasonable. Di Maria is worth between 50 and 60 mil € in this market.

If this is the only non defensive player we sign it has to be this guy. If we get him I won't care about us not getting Vidal.

If we had this guy then we could get away with just signing a CB and cheap DM like De Jong, him and Januzaj will tear the league a new one.

I would love him here even if it takes crazy, but sane amount of money to lure him from Madrid. Is he good friend with Rojo? Might be a connection with these deals
I've read that Di Maria and Rojo are close friends.

You really think he is leaving Madrid this window?

I think you should look at it from this perspective: Real will play Kroos and Modric in CM. This leaves 3 places behind the striker (Benzema, or possibly as speculated Falcao). Ronaldo, Bale and Rodriguez make up three of the four most expensive buys in history - who do you think gets left out?

Di Maria is way too good to be a bench player.

I think you should look at it from this perspective: Real will play Kroos and Modric in CM. This leaves 3 places behind the striker (Benzema, or possibly as speculated Falcao). Ronaldo, Bale and Rodriguez make up three of the four most expensive buys in history - who do you think gets left out?

We're not bringing in any more players, at least that's what Ancelotti said yesterday.

I think Ancelotti will try to repeat last year's formation of 433 and Di Maria will still be in in the first choice midfield 3 with Kroos and Modric. Benzema, Ronaldo, Bale and Rodriguez will be rotated. What happens in the biggest games? Who knows I guess, but I think Ancelotti wants him available.

However to make Di Maria happy about it, Perez may have to relent and do an early contract renewal and that's still a sensitive subject. There probably is a price on his head, but I still don't see him getting cheaper as the deadline gets closer.

Whereas LVG has stayed tight lipped over any interest in Vidal, he has mentioned Di Maria on a few occasions, so i would be surprised if Woody hasn't inquired about his availability.

Unlike Vidal however, Di Maria would be taking a step down coming to Manchester from Madrid.

Like every transfer which involves United...this one is going to be tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.