Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't disagree with you more. You don't have to be an expert to say Di Maria isn't worth €75m just because PSG are reportedly willing to pay that much for him. That would be ridiculous then you have to take into account it's PSG we're talking about. This for a player Real Madrid don't even want.

Keep on being surprised by high transfers then. Di Maria a CL winner, best player in the CL final, one of Real Madrid's best players and one the most important player for his national team He was never gonna be cheap. Being surprised by how much he cost is a sign of naivety. How many of these big transfers need to happen for people to realize they're ordinary.

Last edited:
I couldn't disagree with you more. You don't have to be an expert to say Di Maria isn't worth €75m just because PSG are reportedly willing to pay that much for him. That would be ridiculous then you have to take into account it's PSG we're talking about. This for a player Real Madrid don't even want.
Their best big game player and one of the best last season who was MOTM in their biggest game in the last 10 years or so... he is more worthy of big money than the caf's favorite Reus or Vidal based on last season and theit overall careers.

Last edited:
I just don't get where all this talk about him being one of madrid's best players is coming from. Whenever I've seen him he's always come across as extremely average (for a madrid player) and incredibly selfish.

He had good cl final and a good cl campaign but there is no way he Is worth 50m. He definately wouldn't fit in our new system, unless buying him would be what changes this system.

Is it just me?

I just don't get where all this talk about him being one of madrid's best players is coming from. Whenever I've seen him he's always come across as extremely average (for a madrid player) and incredibly selfish.

He had good cl final and a good cl campaign but there is no way he Is worth 50m. He definately wouldn't fit in our new system, unless buying him would be what changes this system.

Is it just me?

No offence, but I think it's just you! :p

Is it just me?
Yes. He was awesome last season. Only Ronaldo, Modric and Ramos were arguably better.

Is it just me?

Yes.

He was one of their best players last season - revelation when ancelotti moved him inside to midfield. Not saying he fits us but he was excellent for Madrid.

He was outstanding and he was also very good before that, his second season was very good, his first good, he really looked only in his third season at Real like a "average" player. Even if we play him as winger, he will be miles ahead above our other options there. 50-60 million euros in the current market would be ok for me, 75 is too much if true. Many here said 45 million euros is a fair price for Mata and I'm ok with that too, but he never showed anything like Di Maria on the big stage.

Yes.

He was one of their best players last season - revelation when ancelotti moved him inside to midfield. Not saying he fits us but he was excellent for Madrid.

He might have been great last season but transfer fees are not only about the players ability!

Madrid are at bursting point after the arrival of Rodriguez so they have a problem that can only be fixed with a few player departing...the bidding clubs should know this and therefore bids of 50 million are ridiculous.

Ok. Shows you how much I know didn't see him in that position at all.

He might have been great last season but transfer fees are not only about the players ability!

Madrid are at bursting point after the arrival of Rodriguez so they have a problem that can only be fixed with a few player departing...the bidding clubs should know this and therefore bids of 50 million are ridiculous.

Yeah true and I am pretty sure our club thinks like that too :D

But with clubs like PSG that won't work and the fee will raise.

I didn't say anything about the fee but since you brought it up the market is completely inflated. That's what it will cost and as long as PSG, city, monaco, and Chelsea are about. If we want to bring players like him in then it's going to cost those type of fees.

The media links United with so many players so it is impossible to know if United are actually in for him.

But PSG shouldn't be going so high so soon, where is the business sense! just because they are loaded doesn't mean they should throw it away. They can beat anyone else in a bidding war so why not start bidding at 25 million? If they are genuinely interested they will have spoken to the agent and know exactly what is happening, so use that to there advantage.

You should never pay top price for Real's unwanted players!

Last edited:
With the 3-5-2 that Van Gaal is favouring, where would Di Maria play anyway? As good a winger as he is (and he's pretty damn good), I would take either a central midfielder or a center back over him for sure.

Is it just me?
I agree that he doesnt fit the 5-3-2. Good player though. Looks like a rat

I agree that he doesnt fit the 5-3-2. Good player though. Looks like a rat

I think the very reason why LVG is playing 3-5-2 is due to the lack of quality central midfielders and wingers that we possess at the moment. If we get a quality CM and a winger we could very well play a 4-3-3 which seems like LVG's favoured formation. Even in a 3-5-2 Di maria could play in the front 3 comfortably but we already are well stocked in those positions. If we are going to a 4-3-3 I can see us lining up with Herrera, CM and di Maria with Mata, Rooney and RVP as our front three. This lacks width but if we bring on a winger for one of our strikers, we can play with say Januzaj and di Maria flanking our lone striker.

I think the very reason why LVG is playing 3-5-2 is due to the lack of quality central midfielders and wingers that we possess at the moment. If we get a quality CM and a winger we could very well play a 4-3-3 which seems like LVG's favoured formation. Even in a 3-5-2 Di maria could play in the front 3 comfortably but we already are well stocked in those positions. If we are going to a 4-3-3 I can see us lining up with Herrera, CM and di Maria with Mata, Rooney and RVP as our front three. This lacks width but if we bring on a winger for one of our strikers, we can play with say Januzaj and di Maria flanking our lone striker.

Indeed. The equivalent setup at Madrid was Modric, Alonso, Di Maria sitting behind Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo. The mysterious "CM" in our setup could be another new guy, Carrick or even Fletcher.

If we get Di Maria, I'm sure LvG can use him wisely. The move that would depress me, I admit, would be Di Maria to PSG, Cavani to us - I really can't find any enthusiasm for that.

Is it just me?
Yeah I think it's just you. This was my exact opinion on Di Maria when he first joined Madrid though.

Is he as good at defending as people here seem to suggest?
He tracks back often if thats what you mean but I would exactly call him a consistent performer week in week out. He is still a class player and would definitely want him here to play on the wing if he costs less than £40m.

True but we would still have the "problem" of 4 strikers for 1 position

Keep on being surprised by high transfers then. Di Maria a CL winner, best player in the CL final, one of Real Madrid's best players and one the most important player for his national team He was never gonna be cheap. Being surprised by how much he cost is a sign of naivety. How many of these big transfers need to happen for people to realize they're ordinary.

This.

Some people on here think it's 2003.

The board seemingly did til the start of the year too. Hence why we have secure none of the best talent on the market in the last ten years.

Kroos, Fabregas, and Sanchez cost around the 35m each. Di Maria is on the same siguation as all of them, mean not really wanted by their respective club. So why di Maria would cost more?

Kroos, Fabregas, and Sanchez cost around the 35m each. Di Maria is on the same siguation as all of them, mean not really wanted by their respective club. So why di Maria would cost more?

It's an auction in which one of the participants is Real Madrid. They don't mind keeping him, even if he can move to another club for higher pay. They don't need the cash, nor the space in the squad. On the other hand, if the bid's high enough they can be tempted to sell. It's like someone knocking on your door asking to buy your house at 20% over the valuation - you weren't planning to sell, but it sets you thinking.

Barcelona needed to sell to fund Suarez, ter Stegen etc. Kroos only had a year left on his contract. Whereas Real have limitless funds and will happily keep the player if a bid isn't acceptable to them, they've no need to sell, there just isn't a place for him in their first 11 anymore.

I gather this is an update on what we've already heard - maybe not though: :nervous:

Transfer blow for Man United as Di Maria nears PSG switch

487426503.jpg

By talkSPORT (@talkSPORT) | Sunday, July 27, 2014

Manchester United look like missing out on attacking target Angel Di Maria, with the Real Madrid man on the verge of joining Paris Saint-Germain.

talkSPORT has learned that the Argentine star – whose future has been placed in the spotlight following the £71m arrival of James Rodriguez at the Bernabeu – will join PSG on an initial season-long loan move, with an agreement already in place to make it a permanent switch next summer.

The French giants have been slapped with a sanction limiting their spending this year, after falling foul of UEFA’s financial fair play laws.

The sanction has restricted their transfer spending to €50m, a figure they have already reached following the signing of David Luiz from Chelsea.

However, there is no ruling which limits their recruitment of loan players, and it is understood that club chiefs have reached an agreement to defer the fee for Di Maria until the summer of 2015.

The news will come as a huge blow to Manchester United, who are believed to have been monitoring the player’s situation in Spain, with a view to making a move of their own.

This latest development follows Arturo Vidal’s public declaration that he will not be joining the Red Devils, despite their highly publicised interest in the Chilean international.

http://talksport.com/football/transfer-blow-man-united-di-maria-nears-psg-switch-140727104107

Was the total opposite story doing the rounds yesterday :lol:

But Talksport? They are one of the worst going for transfers.

It's TalkSport, I would take too much notice of it just yet.

PSG are taking the piss out of FFP. I wonder if anyone will have the bollocks to do anything about it

AS and Marca have been talking for a while as if it's an exercise in financial engineering, a matter of how rather than if. This talk of PSG's bid going up to €75m may be part of that. A loan fee this year and a sale fee due next summer perhaps.

As good as he is I would not want to spend that much on him. I would rather spend the rest to pursuade Juve about Vidal.

PSG are taking the piss out of FFP. I wonder if anyone will have the bollocks to do anything about it
They're banking on that 80m Cavani offer that will never happen or something. I'd be pissed off if I were City or Chelsea if PSG get away with it.

BeIN Sports in the Middle East are still sticking to their story that Di Maria will join Man Utd.

Di Maria can shove it up his bollocks - class player, but he clearly fancies a payday above all else, so let him go to PSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.