Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe all the PSG rumours are Madrid's doing to get more out of Woody?

LOL, nah, he's off to PSG.

If a player doesn't want to come to us this season because we aren't in the champions league then I hope we don't even entertain the idea chasing them next if we get it again. I want players at the club who want to play for us, not because of the money and the possibility of European football

Last I checked was 3 hours ago and they're sticking to the story and citing their own sources.

It's interesting that no other outlet has run the story. I thought it would get picked up by a few papers but it doesn't seem like it. The Spanish media seem to think he's going to PSG.

It's interesting that no other outlet has run the story. I thought it would get picked up by a few papers but it doesn't seem like it. The Spanish media seem to think he's going to PSG.
I was expecting BeIN Sports France to pick the story up but they haven't mentioned anything. The Middle Eastern outlet is well connected to Nasser El Khelafi so we'll see what happens...

In Spain the only reliable outlet that i've seen report on the speculation are Cadena Cope who say a 50m euro bid will be enough and both Utd and PSG are pushing for Di Maria's signature.

I was expecting BeIN Sports France to pick the story up but they haven't mentioned anything. The Middle Eastern outlet is well connected to Nasser El Khelafi so we'll see what happens...

In Spain the only reliable outlet that i've seen report on the speculation are Cadena Cope who say a 50m euro bid will be enough and both Utd and PSG are pushing for Di Maria's signature.

I thought El Khelafi doesn't go on that channel anymore? Still, it would make sense for them to have sources at the club. I think it was you who posted it, but I remember reading that Di Maria wanted his future sorted out soon, by the end of the week ideally, so we might hear something soon.

I don't even think we are in for Di Maria, we may of been at one point but i feel that rumor about him turning us down because we don't have Champions league was true and we probably moved on from Di Maria 2 or 3 weeks ago.
All this muppetry is for nothing i feel.

I thought El Khelafi doesn't go on that channel anymore? Still, it would make sense for them to have sources at the club. I think it was you who posted it, but I remember reading that Di Maria wanted his future sorted out soon, by the end of the week ideally, so we might hear something soon.
Khelafi stepped down as Chairman I think but he does appear on some of their shows via the phone.

Sorry @Adnan but my head is spinning trying to understand your sentence.
Sorry, I meant the last tweet I posted. not sure if it's new info or just news rehashed from yesterday.

Also BeIN Sports Arabia seem to have removed the news from their news ticker.

This present rumour of PSG gettin Di Maria on loan now & then paying the rest of the fee next year is irritating. Real are obviously doing PSG a favour here.

But surely his wages will be sky high & wasnt that part of the deal with FFP - that wages were included as expenditure?

They were allowed a max spend of €50m & have already spent that on Side-show Bob - not to mention his wages on top of that.

They need to sell a few players this summer, but cant seem to get rid because no-one's gonna pay those f*ckers what they paid.

Harden'em. Payback's a bitch bitches..

This present rumour of PSG gettin Di Maria on loan now & then paying the rest of the fee next year is irritating. Real are obviously doing PSG a favour here.

But surely his wages will be sky high & wasnt that part of the deal with FFP - that wages were included as expenditure?

They were allowed a max spend of €50m & have already spent that on Side-show Bob - not to mention his wages on top of that.

They need to sell a few players this summer, but cant seem to get rid because no-one's gonna pay those f*ckers what they paid.

Harden'em. Payback's a bitch bitches..

Haven't they spent 50 mln quid on that shit-stick ? If so, they're already above it. But hey, after all it's PSG, the intouchables of FFP.

All of this smells like Cavani to us and Di Maria to PSG in what would be one of the most bizarre sets of movements in the transfer window ever.

The money being quoted by papers and media for either player is insane (€80m Di Maria and £65m for Cavani)

Di Maria is a very good winger yes but he isn't as good or effective as say someone like Reus and Cavani seems to have lost 80% of what made him special before perhaps that is down to the French league who knows. Let PSG spend insane amounts of money if they want to. All it means is they continuously win Lige 1 and arrogantly assault the champions league without any real hope of winning it.

feck PSG and feck Cavani. If we're really after Di Maria, why balance their books for them and sign a player we don't need in the process?

Haven't they spent 50 mln quid on that shit-stick ? If so, they're already above it. But hey, after all it's PSG, the intouchables of FFP.

I dont think any club is untouchable under FFP man. They're coming down hard on clubs who flout the rules & PSG need Champions League football to generate revenues.

Their incomings (not hand-out's from the oil f*ckers) are shit compared to other clubs, so they need the revenues & publicity from playin in the Champions League.

PSG & City are most-likely following Chelsea's blue-print - but it looks like they've run out of time.. :D

Would a midfield 3 of a Holding player + herrerra + di maria work Behind a mata rooney rvp attack?

Wow, way to go to treat Cavani like an unwanted baggage to dump.

PSG is insane if all this is true.

Simply wouldn't fit in the system. Any links with United are baseless speculation.

Even if the system is a 3-5-2 he can play as the number 10 which he has done plenty for Madrid in the last season where's he's arguably been at his best. LVG has stated already that he's willing to change back to a 4-3-3 if the system isn't working and Di Maria thrives in that type of role. I can see arguments for not wanting to pay the type of money being floated around but any arguments about him not being the type of player we need is crazy.

I dont think any club is untouchable under FFP man. They're coming down hard on clubs who flout the rules & PSG need Champions League football to generate revenues.

Their incomings (not hand-out's from the oil f*ckers) are shit compared to other clubs, so they need the revenues & publicity from playin in the Champions League.

PSG & City are most-likely following Chelsea's blue-print - but it looks like they've run out of time.. :D

Yea but you know, their owner stated that he doesn't give a feck and he's going to buy whoever he wishes, then you've got Platini's son working for them and so on. Maybe I'm paranoid or maybe they're bunch of scum that will somehow avoid any repercussions. Barca were 'banned' on transfers as well, weren't they ?

Even if the system is a 3-5-2 he can play as the number 10 which he has done plenty for Madrid in the last season where's he's arguably been at his best. LVG has stated already that he's willing to change back to a 4-3-3 if the system isn't working and Di Maria thrives in that type of role. I can see arguments for not wanting to pay the type of money being floated around but any arguments about him not being the type of player we need is crazy.
A bit like Mata for us, then.

We have 'four' number 10s, this simply wouldn't happen. He wouldn't fit into the system because he isn't better than Mata and even if he was we aren't spunking 50m plus on someone to replace arguably our best player. There's absolutely nothing in this.

Why spend £50M on di Maria to play him at wingback when you are extracting nowhere near the maximum he is capable of?

If we sign him, we won't play 3-5-2. His signature will signal a shift to a 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3.

Why spend £50M on di Maria to play him at wingback when you are extracting nowhere near the maximum he is capable of?

If we sign him, we won't play 3-5-2. His signature will signal a shift to a 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3.
We just won't sign him. It's a rumour based on nothing, fuelled by morons.

Van Gaal is playing 5-3-2 because he's probably realised the quality of our wingers isn't of the standard he requires hence wanting to go with 5-3-2. If Di Maria was signed i'm pretty confident LVG would go with his preferred 4-3-3/3-4-3 formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.