Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is a non-starter for me.

Woody made it clear that we're after players who want to come and play for us. All the gossip re Di Maria is that we're a backup option if PSG falls through. Doesn't fit the bill.

Not to mention the issue people above mentioned re him not fitting into our apparent Plan A formation this year.

This one is a non-starter for me.

Woody made it clear that we're after players who want to come and play for us. All the gossip re Di Maria is that we're a backup option if PSG falls through. Doesn't fit the bill.

Not to mention the issue people above mentioned re him not fitting into our apparent Plan A formation this year.
Agreed. He would fit into 4-3-3 but that seems to be the plan B formation if the 3-5-2 formation doesn't work. In which case, Di Maria would have to be a back-up player, which I doubt he would want to be.

Let him go to PSG if money is all he worries about. Let the players who want to play for United come here.

The two signings we have made have been adidas sponsored players.. could Di Maria be the third?

Agreed. He would fit into 4-3-3 but that seems to be the plan B formation if the 3-5-2 formation doesn't work. In which case, Di Maria would have to be a back-up player, which I doubt he would want to be.

Let him go to PSG if money is all he worries about. Let the players who want to play for United come here.

If you read between the lines the 4-3-3 is the plan A, Van Gaal is just waiting for a more balanced team with less strikers and 10's, and more CMs.

An other thing according to RMC, he prefers the PL, but his family prefers Paris, and there is no front runner between Paris and United.

They just said that Paris is trying to sign him, but need to sell someone before.

Di Maria is brilliant playing the AM or wide mid role in a 4-3-3/3-4-3, he would make our attack extremely potent.

Tremendous player, but I don't see where would he fit in our team, considering that we will play with no wingers and we already have a bunch of AMs that play at least at a similar level.

We probably are in the market for centerbacks and a defensive midfielder.

Di Maria would bring pace, precision and a cutting edge in our attack we haven't seen since Ronaldo left. If there is a remote chance we can sign him we shouldn't hesitate.

Di Maria would bring pace, precision and a cutting edge in our attack we haven't seen since Ronaldo left. If there is a remote chance we can sign him we shouldn't hesitate.

From all the reports, he will only come here if PSG cannot sign him.

Cadena Cope are reporting €50m euros so I would take the fee quoted by the Daily Mail with a pinch of salt.

Great bit of business for Real if they do get £49m for him though.

There aren't a lot of players out there who I can say are worth £49M, but Di Maria is in that category, he is a game-changer.
All signs point towards PSG but if there is a chance we can get him, I hope we go for it.

Di Maria outshone Ronaldo and Bale at several points last season.

From all the reports, he will only come here if PSG cannot sign him.
From "all" the reports?

He may end up at PSG but the sources saying he prefers PSG over us due to UCL etc aren't the most reliable.

From "all" the reports?
He may end up at PSG but the sources saying he prefers PSG over us due to UCL etc aren't the most reliable.

yes everything ive read seems to point that way and having said that , I hope they are wrong and we can get him.

yes everything ive read seems to point that way and having said that , I hope they are wrong and we can get him.
The most reliable outlet to report on the Di Maria transfer are Cadena Cope and they haven't mentioned Di Maria having a preference for PSG.

We're apparently Di Maria's fallback option so we won't sign him if that was the case.

I dont understand the continual links - LVG confirmed 3-4-3 is the planned formation. Di Maria does not fit into that system at all.

I dont understand the continual links - LVG confirmed 3-4-3 is the planned formation. Di Maria does not fit into that system at all.

LVG is not tied to one system.
If we get di Maria he will Taylor the system to work with him.

Still 7/1 to join us on skybet, might be worth a cheeky bet - especially as we will know in the 'coming hours'...

We have far more pressing concerns than trying to sign Di Maria. Van Gaal has said he needs defenders and the only other spot which needs strengthening is midfield. The reason we're playing 3,4,1,2 is because we have, according to Van Gaal, 4 no.10's and 4 strikers. That won't change because we sign Di Maria.

So unless we're going to play Di Maria as part of a midfield three with Herrera and Mata (which would be the most offensive midfield I've ever seen in my life), I don't see us going in for him. Certainly not for the figures being mentioned.

We have far more pressing concerns than trying to sign Di Maria. Van Gaal has said he needs defenders and the only other spot which needs strengthening is midfield. The reason we're playing 3,4,1,2 is because we have, according to Van Gaal, 4 no.10's and 4 strikers. That won't change because we sign Di Maria.

So unless we're going to play Di Maria as part of a midfield three with Herrera and Mata (which would be the most offensive midfield I've ever seen in my life), I don't see us going in for him. Certainly not for the figures being mentioned.

If we were to sign him I'd expect us to offload several players and simply to playing 4 at the back as our main formation.

From BBC
Manchester United have been linked with a move for Real Madrid winger Angel di Maria, but Real manager Carlo Ancelotti has said the Argentine is still part of his plans for next season, despite recent big-money signings in midfield.

"Di Maria is a Real Madrid player," Ancelotti said. "With the signings of Rodriguez and Kroos there is more competition in the centre of the pitch, but that's how it is at the big clubs.

"Competition is energy and last season we had problems in the final part of the season."

PSG have also been linked with a bid for Di Maria, but coach Laurent Blanc is keeping his cards close to his chest.

"I'll leave you to speculate," he told reporters. "At the moment nothing is done. Are there negotiations? It's not for me to say, but for the board of the club."

I don't get it with people think we will stick with 352 or 343 or 532 in most of our matches. LVG philosophy is 433 or 4213. He will use 3 in the back because we have too many bloody strikers and number 10. But it's also actually depend on the players we are going to sign. If we sign wingers like Di Maria then obviously we will change into more attacking wing type formation like 433. If we don't sign wingers then we will stick with 352 and if it doesn't work then he will go back to 433 and push some players to play out position and adapt his philosophy. 532 is too defensive for a team like us. It works well against strong midfields though since 532 could become 352. We won 7-0 but LA defense were terrible in that game, they made a lot of mistakes which could be done much better.

I don't get it with people think we will stick with 352 or 343 or 532 in most of our matches. LVG philosophy is 433 or 4213. He will use 3 in the back because we have too many bloody strikers and number 10. But it's also actually depend on the players we are going to sign. If we sign wingers like Di Maria then obviously we will change into more attacking wing type formation like 433. If we don't sign wingers then we will stick with 352 and if it doesn't work then he will go back to 433 and push some players to play out position and adapt his philosophy. 532 is too defensive for a team like us. It works well against strong midfields though since 532 could become 352. We won 7-0 but LA defense were terrible in that game, they made a lot of mistakes which could be done much better.
We're actually playing 3-4-1-2 and not 3-5-2. It's generally called 3-5-2 when you have a holding player like Pirlo for Juventus in front of the back 3, we have it the other way round. The holding player in front of the back 3 is sacrificed for Mata in our case. I think 3-4-1-2 is very misjudged, I think it's even more attacking than 4-3-3 as you have the wing backs which at times are essentially wingers, 2 strikers, an attacking midfielder and 1 of 2 central midfielders all joining the attack.

Although 3-4-1-2 will be our main formation, we will switch to 4-3-3 when van Gaal thinks we should and this will be on a game by game basis. What I can't understand is the reluctance by posters for us to play 3-4-1-2, first you want a manager to get his way and make us evolve in the way we play and now that he's made this change, people are crying about removing wingers from our formation.

We're actually playing 3-4-1-2 and not 3-5-2. It's generally called 3-5-2 when you have a holding player like Pirlo for Juventus in front of the back 3, we have it the other way round. The holding player in front of the back 3 is sacrificed for Mata in our case. I think 3-4-1-2 is very misjudged, I think it's even more attacking than 4-3-3 as you have the wing backs which at times are essentially wingers, 2 strikers, an attacking midfielder and 1 of 2 central midfielders all joining the attack.

Although 3-4-1-2 will be our main formation, we will switch to 4-3-3 when van Gaal thinks we should and this will be on a game by game basis. What I can't understand is the reluctance by posters for us to play 3-4-1-2, first you want a manager to get his way and make us evolve in the way we play and now that he's made this change, people are crying about removing wingers from our formation.

All of that doesnt matter, if we get Di Maria, LVG was adjust the system to fit him in.
Same goes for Vidal, you make room for world class players.

Madrid played Zidane at the LM for years.

Manchester United playing second fiddle to PSG. Good lord, how times have changed.

Feck football.

Status
Not open for further replies.