Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Januzaj is a better, more dangerous footballer than Adam Lallana, absolutely. This season will put this opinion to the test, and I'll be correct.

A left sided player is not really what we most need with Januzaj (and maybe Lingard or Lawrence) coming through, and with us yet to jettison the squad options like Young and Nani.

But it might well be our best chance of bringing in a 'marquee' signing this summer.

So you've agreed then.

Not sure what you're trying to achieve here. Adnan stated that Januzaj is a better player than Lallana, which is not the case. The Liverpool lot (and myself) rightly pointed this out.
How is Lallana a better player than Januzaj? can you break down both players individual games?

So you've agreed then.

Not sure what you're trying to achieve here. Adnan stated that Januzaj is a better player than Lallana, which is not the case. The Liverpool lot (and myself) rightly pointed this out.

Opinions, I believe Januzaj is the better player, Lallana the more experienced in the EPL (I've watched Januzaj for the U21s etc) I believe he is better, he just hasn't proved it yet but will this coming season.

TBH he was just as productive in terms as goals and assist than Lallana was last season anyway.

Lallana was one of the standout players in the league last season. Until Januzaj has a better season he isn't a 'better player' as he hasn't proven it. It's that simple.

Only United supporters would claim otherwise.

Now no one was saying he can't and won't become a better player in the future - I personally think he will, and have no doubts over this. But until it happens you can't claim he's the superior player presently.

Maybe Januzaj didn't really have as many bad games last season as previously thought either. Actually becoming retroactively better as the off-season progresses.

Lallana is better than Januzaj as of now. In a season or two, Januzaj will be the much better player.

Lallana is being underrated on here.
Both Lallana and Sterling are better than Januzaj now - look at the stats from last year (goals and assists). It is difficult to know who will be better in a season or two

Very surprised we aren't interested in either Sanchez or Di Maria we are crying out for a winger and both were / still are available. I will cry if we go through another season with Valencia and Young as our main wingers and Nani isn't far off their uselessness either.

Lallana was one of the standout players in the league last season. Until Januzaj has a better season he isn't a 'better player' as he hasn't proven it. It's that simple.

Only United supporters would claim otherwise.

Now no one was saying he can't and won't become a better player in the future - I personally think he will, and have no doubts over this. But until it happens you can't claim he's the superior player presently.

I agree anyway....

blinkers are well and truly on in this thread

I came in here to read Di Maria related discussion and instead there is some bizarre Lallana / Januzaj discussion taking place? Good stuff.

Both Lallana and Sterling are better than Januzaj now - look at the stats from last year (goals and assists). It is difficult to know who will be better in a season or two

Lallana and Sterling played in teams where their good movement was matched by their team mates and they were both key players. That however cannot take away from the fact that they are both very good players.

I came in here to read Di Maria related discussion and instead there is some bizarre Lallana / Januzaj discussion taking place? Good stuff.

Yeah, we should really stop this Lallana/Januzaj stuff in here.

Apparently PSG want him but can't do the deal because of FFP. They need to offload someone like Cavani.

In other words, the top lawyers in France are currently rubbing their onions trying to find a loophole in the 'watertight as a colander' FFP regulations.

Ok.

If he's going to these lengths to avoid a move to united because of 1 season out of champions league football, feck him. Start a tap up process for reus next summer. 35m buyout from dortmund, then lets put Barcelona to shame by paying of his entire family and pets with sign on payments.

agreed - Januzaj has a lot more potential, but based on last season, of course Sterling and Lallana performed better

Apparently PSG want him but can't do the deal because of FFP. They need to offload someone like Cavani.

They should sell one of their centre halves to Barcelona. Marquinhos and Thiago Silva were both on Barca's list not so long ago (as was Luiz but they aren't selling him a month after they bought him obviously).

Has the Luiz deal already bit them in the bum?

They could get a fair bit of interest in any of Pastore, Lavezzi, Cavani and Lucas.

In other words, something shady is going to happen.
If that's a way around it then they should incorporate a rule that says any player who signs for a club permanently after being on loan there will have their value backdated to the start of the loan period and sanctions imposed, if necessary.

If he's going to these lengths to avoid a move to united because of 1 season out of champions league football, feck him. Start a tap up process for reus next summer. 35m buyout from dortmund, then lets put Barcelona to shame by paying of his entire family and pets with sign on payments.

I totally agree with you.
Clearly the money isnt an issue, so if Di Maria doesnt want to play for a LVG led MUFC making tons of money then yes he isnt the type of player that I'd prefer here.
I find it hard to believe he would go to PSG over us all because of one season out of the champions league, if thats the case then lets move on and start tapping up other wingers from now.

I totally agree with you.
Clearly the money isnt an issue, so if Di Maria doesnt want to play for a LVG led MUFC making tons of money then yes he isnt the type of player that I'd prefer here.
I find it hard to believe he would go to PSG over us all because of one season out of the champions league, if thats the case then lets move on and start tapping up other wingers from now.
Its an even bigger issue because i dont see why he wouldn't move here and insert a clause saying he can go for what we paid if we miss out on champions league football again? something which wouldnt lock him in if we dont deliver on the promises to not only him but the entire fanbase. top 4 is an absolute minimum next year.

Its an even bigger issue because i dont see why he wouldn't move here and insert a clause saying he can go for what we paid if we miss out on champions league football again? something which wouldnt lock him in if we dont deliver on the promises to not only him but the entire fanbase. top 4 is an absolute minimum next year.

Exactly, its nothing an additional clause and a bit more money cannot solve, however the way Woodie is taking indicates that we are making serious headway with top tier transfers. I just hope its more along the lines of Di maria/Vidal then De Jong/Cuadrado

Based on last year di maria is the stand out performer, that said i really rate sanchez and i think he's going to be mint for arsenal.

Im torn on this, I like Di Maria a lot but I also think we have enough "attackers" and that he will slow Adnans progress.

Im torn on this, I like Di Maria a lot but I also think we have enough "attackers" and that he will slow Adnans progress.
I agree, id rather we spent a fortune on our midfield and defence before shelling out on an attacker, but if rumours persist with Nani, Young and Zaha being up for sale then going for Di Maria doesn't bare thinking about.

I think if Di Maria was on one wing and Januzaj on the other, we would have a hell of a lot of flair and creativity coming off of the wide areas.

I really dont see how Di Maria would slow Adnan's progress...Valencia, Young and Nani are all crap, we literally have no wingers and we badly need pace in the team.

I think if Di Maria was on one wing and Januzaj on the other, we would have a hell of a lot of flair and creativity coming off of the wide areas.

I really dont see how Di Maria would slow Adnan's progress...Valencia, Young and Nani are all crap, we literally have no wingers and we badly need pace in the team.
Presumably, LvG would prefer both of them to play on the left wing, given they are both left footed.

Pretty much. Can see Adnan really kicking on this year, regardless of if we sign a winger or not. He's got the left if he wants it, it's the right we need quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.