Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vidal in holding role?

You don't really need to have a "holding player" if you have 2 intelligent box to box players to be honest. Just depends on how the team is setup.
I am biased though I tend to lean towards more complete midfielders than deep lying playmakers and limited holding players, or creative types that can't do a defensive shift.

Its a dangerous game to play if we are really doing that, we have seen soo many times remember Ramsey we had a fee agreed, but Wenger actually called him, while we sent Neville to give him a tour, players respond and love if the buying club is making an effort, and they feel they value him alot, the reason he is leaving Madrid is he feels he's not valued over there and every summer they try to use him in deals to sign other new toys. I believe we aren't in for him, he would be a perfect signing for us and it pains me to see a club like PSG will eventually get him while we take 3 weeks to evaluate and then we are left with Young and Valencia.

I think the only reason he wouldn't want to come here is the lack of champions league football.
If LVG really wanted him, Woodie would match PSG's offer IMO.

You don't really need to have a "holding player" if you have 2 intelligent box to box players to be honest. Just depends on how the team is setup.
I am biased though I tend to lean towards more complete midfielders than deep lying playmakers and limited holding players, or creative types that can't do a defensive shift.

With the formation he had mentioned there, its like diamond in the midfield,where vidal would have limited roles, instead i would put Carrick at bottom of diamond along with Herrera and Vidal on either side with Mata at top.

With the formation he had mentioned there, its like diamond in the midfield,where vidal would have limited roles, instead i would put Carrick at bottom of diamond along with Herrera and Vidal on either side with Mata at top.

It wasn't actually a diamond it was more like 4-3-3
Vidal/Carrick----Herrera---Di Maria
Mata--------- RVp------Rooney

it could also be 4-2-3-1
Vidal/Carrick--Herrera
Dimaria----Mata---Rooney
RVp

We absolutely cannot miss out on this guy. We have no quality whatsoever on the wings, except a promising youngster.

We absolutely cannot miss out on this guy. We have no quality whatsoever on the wings, except a promising youngster.
Although I completely agree, we just don't sign players like Di Maria. I can't see much changing for our wingers imo

He won't want no CL.

sign him up before PSG do, would be a great addition to the squad although Im not sure how LVG would feel about his tracking back skills

sign him up before PSG do, would be a great addition to the squad although Im not sure how LVG would feel about his tracking back skills
Didn't he comment on only leaving Juventus for another historically important club, citing Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United.

If we sign Vidal, our chances for Di Maria are higher too. I don't think one year without CL is a great deal, if we can show everyone that we will be back next season and we try to do everything to get back to the top, not only in England but also in Europe. At the moment without world class signings I can understand a player like Di Maria, PL looks again very competetive and Top4 will be a huge task already, PSG is just much safer.

Didn't he comment on only leaving Juventus for another historically important club, citing Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United.

That was Vidal, not Di Maria and that quote was not true, was made up by the Juventus forum guys.

His tracking back skills? As in there's maybe a problem with them? The guy is the hardest working winger on the planet, he's non-stop for 90 minutes every match up and down the pitch in defence and attack. He's got the best stamina I think in the world currently, he looks like he can run a marathon every day. He's a must player and Real Madrid are crazy to let him leave.

Its a dangerous game to play if we are really doing that, we have seen soo many times remember Ramsey we had a fee agreed, but Wenger actually called him, while we sent Neville to give him a tour, players respond and love if the buying club is making an effort, and they feel they value him alot, the reason he is leaving Madrid is he feels he's not valued over there and every summer they try to use him in deals to sign other new toys. I believe we aren't in for him, he would be a perfect signing for us and it pains me to see a club like PSG will eventually get him while we take 3 weeks to evaluate and then we are left with Young and Valencia.
He is leaving champions league top paying Madrid because he is not valued or not good enough for the 1st team as the new signings reduce his chances in the pecking order? FF play rules may come into it of course. He is better than our current options, agreed. Although he may not be LVG material , time will tell. PSG seem to be going for him via the loan route , a tactic we may see more of in the coming years.

AS reporting that because of their FFP transfer restrictions PSG have asked Real Madrid for Di Maria on loan. The mind boggles at what the rental fee would be, but presumably it can buy them another year dancing with the rules.

They would then pay €60m for him next summer.

Isnt there restriction on wages too?

if PSG sign him, could we go for Lucas?

I hope not, he isn't that good and wouldn't cost less than Griezmann or Cuadrado, which are both imo better. Di Maria should still be the number one target, if he prefers the PL than just do everything to convince him, that we are on our way back to the top.

Di Maria seems like an obvious signing from an outsider perspective and I'd be shocked if we weren't looking at him. Top quality, hard working and tactically flexible, comfortably better than all of our current wide options and probably better than most of our central midfielders. If Van Gaal is looking to keep his squad small he's ideal.

I hope not, he isn't that good and wouldn't cost less than Griezmann or Cuadrado, which are both imo better. Di Maria should still be the number one target, if he prefers the PL than just do everything to convince him, that we are on our way back to the top.

I think he has way more potential than those two.. But I might be a bit biased since I watched him since U20s

Lallana would be your best wide-player at this point.

Lallana can't do anything out wide that Mata doesn't already do better. If he was particularly quick or something it'd at least give us anothe option but as it is he'd have been a huge waste of money.

Nope.

Give Nani a run of five games and he'll do things that Lallana can't dream off or just play Mata.

Or he'll do nothing. Nani is ridiculously inconsistent. No doubt his best is ahead of Lallana, but there's no guarantee what you get out of him.

Januzaj and Mata out wide are much better than Lallana.

Januzaj is worse than Lallana.

Januzaj and Mata out wide are much better than Lallana.

Maybe to a United supporter he is, especially with such a username as yours... But to everyone else - no.

As for Mata - he is definitely a better player of that there is no doubt. He's not much better (out wide) than him though, especially off the back of last season.

Januzaj is worse than Lallana.

As of right now he is, sure.

It's going to be a ridiculous statement in a year or two though as Januzaj's ceiling is immeasurably higher than Lallana's.

As of right now he is, sure.

It's going to be a ridiculous statement in a year or two though as Januzaj's ceiling is immeasurably higher than Lallana's.

Yeah, obviously if Januzaj fulfills his promise he'll be on another level.

Januzaj as a 19yr old had 4 goals and 3 assists in 15 starts. Lallana as a 26yr old had 9 goals and 6 assists in 37 starts.

Yet obviously it's the United bias saying that Januzaj is better than Lallana but obviously it's fairly "neutral" opinion that Januzaj was much worse than Lallana. I like how the oppo fans post their stupid opinions as "neutral" inspite of stats saying otherwise.

Januzaj as a 19yr old had 4 goals and 3 assists in 15 starts. Lallana as a 26yr old had 9 goals and 6 assists in 37 starts.

Yet obviously it's the United bias saying that Januzaj is better than Lallana but obviously it's fairly "neutral" opinion that Januzaj was much worse than Lallana. I like how the oppo fans post their stupid opinions as "neutral" inspite of stats saying otherwise.

Those stats are quite a surprise actually, not a lot in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.