Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to him, he was only responding to a post that claimed Januzaj was much better than Lallana.

Fair enough, he certainly scored more goals last season than Januzaj, though he also played a lot more minutes. Still, he was probably a bit more productive per 90 minutes.

Even right now I don't see how Januzay is worse than Adam Lallana. I really really don't rate Lallana that much, overrated player.
Lallana just smacks of Ashley Young all over again. 26 years old, looks good in a mid-table side, and over priced because he's English. I don't know any Liverpool supporters in real life who don't think it's a crazy signing to make at that price.

Maybe to a United supporter he is, especially with such a username as yours... But to everyone else - no.

As for Mata - he is definitely a better player of that there is no doubt. He's not much better (out wide) than him though, especially off the back of last season.
Actually my name is Adnan

Januzaj is a better player than Lallana and he will prove it this coming season.

Lallana just smacks of Ashley Young all over again. 26 years old, looks good in a mid-table side, and over priced because he's English. I don't know any Liverpool supporters in real life who don't think it's a crazy signing to make at that price.

If they signed for a Lambert like fee then it could be considered as good business but they spent way too much on him.

Januzaj has become absolutely amazing over the summer. He's been in great form off season.
I saw him play 3 times for Belgium over the summer and was MOTM twice, how did Lallana do over the summer?

I quite like Lallana, think he was good for England too. However, he's 26, this is almost his prime, and I don't think he's quite up to being a starting winger in a side hoping the challenge for the title. But, since he's english, i'd like to be proven wrong, i wouldn't be that surprised if he actually turns out good for them either, just not expecting it.

Actually my name is Adnan

Januzaj is a better player than Lallana and he will prove it this coming season.

Haha, I take that back then.

But that doesn't change the fact that the other Adnan isn't a better player that Lallana as yet... Until he proves it on the pitch then you can't claim that he is. In a few years time I don't doubt he will have become a world class talent, but right now he's simply not.

Haha, I take that back then.

But that doesn't change the fact that the other Adnan isn't a better player that Lallana as yet... Until he proves it on the pitch then you can't claim that he is. In a few years time I don't doubt he will have become a world class talent, but right now he's simply not.
I have to disagree with you there, with LVG as our coach and his track record with youngsters I expect Januzaj to go up a notch this coming season,

I have to disagree with you there, with LVG as our coach and his track record with youngsters I expect Januzaj to go up a notch this coming season,

So based on speculation about all these things that haven't happened yet, and disregarding that Januzaj's season wasn't close to Lallana's - Januzaj is surely the better player?

So based on speculation about all these things that haven't happened yet, and disregarding that Januzaj's season wasn't close to Lallana's - Januzaj is surely the better player?
Januzaj is the more talented player, yes.

:lol: Lallana.

You're on a United forum desperately trying to get everyone to say that he's a better player than Januzaj because you have spunked £25m on him.

Everyone concedes that he is probably a better player than Januzaj right now. He's 7 years older, close to as good as he will ever be and has just had his best ever season. Januzaj on the other hand doesn't even shave yet, has just had his debut season and has the whole of world football excited about watching him get better and better.

So what is it you're trying to achieve here exactly? There isn't a club in the world that would choose to have Lallana over Januzaj, Liverpool included.

Before you got Lallana I bet if you were given the choice of either Januzaj, or Lallana, you'd have chose Januzaj.

Llalana :lol::lol::lol:
He will prove to be overrated this season

Fair play on disregarding the stats posted on the previous page.

Obviously you saw all the Southampton matches aswell.

Before you got Lallana I bet if you were given the choice of either Januzaj, or Lallana, you'd have chose Januzaj.

Well duh. He's a great talent who ought to eventually become a fair sight better than Lallana and will hopefully give a lot more years to a club than Lallana has left.

That doesn't equate to Janzaj being a better player just yet. This is just more of the weird way he's been hyped once the season ended. Seen him in tons of lineups ahead of Rooney over the summer as well.

You're on a United forum desperately trying to get everyone to say that he's a better player than Januzaj because you have spunked £25m on him.

Everyone concedes that he is probably a better player than Januzaj right now. He's 7 years older, close to as good as he will ever be and has just had his best ever season. Januzaj on the other hand doesn't even shave yet, has just had his debut season and has the whole of world football excited about watching him get better and better.

So what is it you're trying to achieve here exactly? There isn't a club in the world that would choose to have Lallana over Januzaj, Liverpool included.

I don't know where you got the desperate thing from.

What I "tried to achieve" was to bring forth the viewpoint that Januzaj seems to be getting better and better as the summer progresses.

Back on the tracks of Di Maria then; @B20 I've spoke to a couple of kopites now and they don't rate him at all. Went as far to say he was dog shit, overrated and a greedy feck. What are your views on him mate?

Back on the tracks of Di Maria then; @B20 I've spoke to a couple of kopites now and they don't rate him at all. Went as far to say he was dog shit, overrated and a greedy feck. What are your views on him mate?

Di Maria is brilliant. I'd love him.

I don't know where you got the desperate thing from.

What I "tried to achieve" was to bring forth the viewpoint that Januzaj seems to be getting better and better as the summer progresses.

I know what you're saying, it's the same thought that Fabio got better with every game he didn't play. We've had a summer to reminisce on his best moments and are probably getting carried away. Fair enough.

I'd put money on it though that Januzaj will have a better season than Lallana this year. He's settled into our squad now and you just get a feeling that the short stretches of great form he found a times last season will get longer and longer.

Lallana on the other hand is joining a new club and has to fir into a counter attacking front 6 that like to move quickly and move the ball even quicker. He's going to struggle to make any sort of impact.

Ask any big European club if they'd have Lallana or Januzaj, and they would all say Januzaj ffs.

I'd say the more consistent player. Adnan's A game is better for me even now.
Well, consistent how? Adnan's assists/goals per game is just as good.

Hell, I'd go so far as to say nine goals and six assists in 37 games as arguably Southampton's main attacking outlet is incredibly average. Ashley Young had better stats than that for Villa.

Lallana won't be any better for Liverpool than Downing, Young or Milner have been.

Good player at an average club who won't make the step up.

Lallana won't be any better for Liverpool than Downing, Young or Milner have been.

Good player at an average club who won't make the step up.

I'd argue that Young was fantastic for Liverpool. Hopefully Lallana can have a similar impact on United.

Ah thought this was the Di Maria thread and not the Is the distinctly average Lallana better than one of the best talents around thread.

I reckon Lallana will be much better than Downing for Liverpool. To be honest, that wouldn't even be that hard.

I thought this thread was about Di Maria. Don't need more people with sub par reading comprehension answer questions never asked. It's obvious Januzaj has a higher ceiling and that was never questioned.

Di Maria is class, but will never be disappointed if we don't get him.

Januzaj will answer the question quite emphatically this upcoming season, we're talking about "Adam fecking Lallana" not Zinedine Zidane.

Back on the di Maria topic...

So you've agreed then.

Not sure what you're trying to achieve here. Adnan stated that Januzaj is a better player than Lallana, which is not the case. The Liverpool lot (and myself) rightly pointed this out.

Edit: apologies, I see they've already pointed out that we're talking about right now.

Last edited:
So, erm, has it not been discussed here yet that with Rodriguez moving to Real that di Maria is surely likely to leave?

With Arsenal already signing Sanchez I think and Chelsea Fabregas, Id make us front runners. He's what we need - a legitimate top quality winger. Added bonus, if we ever experiment with a wingerless formation then he can play central too.

Woodward - splash the cash!

Status
Not open for further replies.