Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would PSG be unable to complete the deal because of FFP? I thought they were just ignoring FFP?

Can they literally be blocked from completing signings?

He's done nothing except be good in Fifa and Football Manager to suggest this. Ffs, Hulk is ahead of him for Brazil. HULK.

That means nothing. Scolari was stupid enough not to take Coutinho, Firmino and Moura to Brazil. I'd take all 3 players.

Moura had a terrible first season and an average second season. Still a very young player.

That means nothing. Scolari was stupid enough not to take Coutinho, Firmino and Moura to Brazil. I'd take all 3 players.

Moura had a terrible first season and an average second season. Still a very young player.

Neymar-Firmino-Moura and they are back to their samba style, hopefully that is how they will line up in the future it would be really entertaining and more in Brazils style. Firmino is a great striker as well and so is Neymar so they'd be able to interchange well.

Neymar-Firmino-Moura and they are back to their samba style, hopefully that is how they will line up in the future it would be really entertaining and more in Brazils style. Firmino is a great striker as well and so is Neymar so they'd be able to interchange well.

I'm honestly baffled why they didn't take Firmino. It was a terrible decision, he looked immense last season, bags of talent that lad, scores goals for fun. I remember having a debate with Pippa about him and she backed Scolari. Whoops! I'd replace Moura with Willian who I think is probably the better player at present. You could bring on Moura for extra pace if they were chasing a game though.

As for Moura, his career (surprise, surprise) has stalled at PSG. He needs to move away if he wants to progress.

He's done nothing except be good in Fifa and Football Manager to suggest this. Ffs, Hulk is ahead of him for Brazil. HULK.

That's because Big Phil is an idiot. The guy played Fred for crying out loud. FRED.

Also Miranda and Luis were dropped.

• Di Maria going to PSG
  • Talking about Moura who will be pushed out
  • Moura is Brazilian
  • Someone said Moura is rubbish because he wasn't picked ahead of Hulk
  • Debate about Brazil
Keep up Cina.
The point was this is a thread about Di Maria, not Brazil you piece o' shit.

I'm honestly baffled why they didn't take Firmino. It was a terrible decision, he looked immense last season, bags of talent that lad, scores goals for fun. I remember having a debate with Pippa about him and she backed Scolari. Whoops! I'd replace Moura with Willian who I think is probably the better player at present. You could bring on Moura for extra pace if they were chasing a game though.

As for Moura, his career (surprise, surprise) has stalled at PSG. He needs to move away if he wants to progress.

Firmino is the player I've discovered last season and just couldn't stop enjoying. He's played RW/LW/Striker/AM and he is equally good everywhere an absolute samba player as well and deserves to be the heart and soul of the team with Neymar. He has the most creative and entertaining dribbling in the world as well for me, just screams Brazilian Samba.

I agree that Willian is probably better than Moura, but with Neymar cutting in and Firmino cutting in I think having a player with more width on the side would be preferable. Haven't put much thought in to it but that is why I preferred Moura as I don't think Willian can perform as a wide forward even though he is a great LAM in a counter attacking set up.

I would prefer them without Oscar as Fernandinho was the AM in Ukraine a lot and did great and that midfield three would have the legs and ability defensively to win the ball back and find the front three for counters.

Neymar-Firmino-Moura
Gustavo-F'dinho-P'linho

Meh, I remembered that I have a £10 on him to join PSG at 5/1. Did it a good month or two back.

If he goes there, I'm not going to cry a river.

Firmino is the player I've discovered last season and just couldn't stop enjoying. He's played RW/LW/Striker/AM and he is equally good everywhere an absolute samba player as well and deserves to be the heart and soul of the team with Neymar. He has the most creative and entertaining dribbling in the world as well for me, just screams Brazilian Samba.

I agree that Willian is probably better than Moura, but with Neymar cutting in and Firmino cutting in I think having a player with more width on the side would be preferable. Haven't put much thought in to it but that is why I preferred Moura as I don't think Willian can perform as a wide forward even though he is a great LAM in a counter attacking set up.

I would prefer them without Oscar as Fernandinho was the AM in Ukraine a lot and did great and that midfield three would have the legs and ability defensively to win the ball back and find the front three for counters.

Neymar-Firmino-Moura
Gustavo-F'dinho-P'linho

You don't need all those 3 MFs. Personally I'd drop Paulinho for Oscar and Fernandinho and Oscar have a more free role than Gustavo who sits.

You don't need all those 3 MFs. Personally I'd drop Paulinho for Oscar and Fernandinho and Oscar have a more free role than Gustavo who sits.

Oscar, Neymar, Firmino and Moura are best in a direct style, especially counter-attacking so I think winning the ball back would be priority if I had the chance rather than adding even better offensive qualities which you do by changing Fernandinho out for Oscar. Don't think it would be bad to have Oscar there instead, it is fair to have that opinion but I think it may be a tad bit strong to state "you don't need all those 3 mf's" as I think it is fair to want three great hard working midfielders in terms of positioning and being tacklers and great at interceptions.

So I think it is a fine line there, do you want Oscar who will make the defense less capable of winning the ball back but spices up the offense or do you want Paulinho who makes the team world class at winning the ball back in those areas but slightly worse offensively. I would trust Neymar-Firmino-Moura to create something every match but I think Luiz, Marcelo and Alves/Maicon at the back really needs all the help they can get.

Oscar, Neymar, Firmino and Moura are best in a direct style, especially counter-attacking so I think winning the ball back would be priority if I had the chance rather than adding even better offensive qualities which you do by changing Fernandinho out for Oscar. Don't think it would be bad to have Oscar there instead, it is fair to have that opinion but I think it may be a tad bit strong to state "you don't need all those 3 mf's" as I think it is fair to want three great hard working midfielders in terms of positioning and being tacklers and great at interceptions.

So I think it is a fine line there, do you want Oscar who will make the defense less capable of winning the ball back but spices up the offense or do you want Paulinho who makes the team world class at winning the ball back in those areas but slightly worse offensively. I would trust Neymar-Firmino-Moura to create something every match but I think Luiz, Marcelo and Alves/Maicon at the back really needs all the help they can get.

Certainly it's a fair opinion too. My personal issue with it is that I don't really rate Paulinho very highly, but I rate Gustavo very highly when you play him as someone to win the ball back and play a simple pass.

I can see why it might be too much offence, certainly. Just a personal preference is all!

Certainly it's a fair opinion too. My personal issue with it is that I don't really rate Paulinho very highly, but I rate Gustavo very highly when you play him as someone to win the ball back and play a simple pass.

I can see why it might be too much offence, certainly. Just a personal preference is all!

I don't really rate him either, but he has been a bit of a Klose in his career so forth performing really well for the national team.

I don't really rate him either, but he has been a bit of a Klose in his career so forth performing really well for the national team.

Indeed he was very good for Brazil. However I feel like his performances this World Cup were instead on par with his Spurs days rather than his historical national performances.

Aha I should've checked the date. I was thinking this had come out of the blue. This was not in their gossip sections so had me baffled for a sec. Newspapers ei.

It was a week ago. So much for it 'looming'. And you can't agree terms with a player until terms agreed between clubs.

I find it hard to comprehend someone choosing fecking PSG over us because we are out of the Champions League for a year.
I find it way easier to believe that PSG are happier paying in excess of €50M for him, which is the reason he is most likely going to Paris.

My Dad, who never ever follows the transfer rumours and only hears about us signing the players once it's made official, told me today that Di Maria might come to United.

Spat out of my food right on the spot. Think it's an omen lads.

So he "rejected" PSG because he likes the PL eh... could ol' Mou be after him? He seems to be buying everyone lately, so I guess he could find a spot for his old friend. Maybe he's just waiting for his medical in Manchester to snatch him up.

Is he still going to PSG or has that broken down?
Di Marzio just tweeted he's going to PSG but Di Marzio was wrong on Borini to Sunderland hitting a hitch due to the player, which was rubbished by a Journo from the Sunderland Echo.

AS reporting that because of their FFP transfer restrictions PSG have asked Real Madrid for Di Maria on loan. The mind boggles at what the rental fee would be, but presumably it can buy them another year dancing with the rules.

They would then pay €60m for him next summer.

Can see this happening for us still and for a surprisingly reasonable fee for the same reason United never get a good fee.

Can see this happening for us still and for a surprisingly reasonable fee for the same reason United never get a good fee.
Hey Wodward did say the A-List stars want in...

I have no idea why are we not in for him, he would be perfect for us, not only we could play him in a midfield three with Carrick and Herrera, we could use him on the wing, brilliant crosser rooney and Rvp will have a field day heading goals in with him in the side.

I have no idea why are we not in for him, he would be perfect for us, not only we could play him in a midfield three with Carrick and Herrera, we could use him on the wing, brilliant crosser rooney and Rvp will have a field day heading goals in with him in the side.
How woyld you accommodate Adnan/Kags.Mata?

Monitoring his situation. It's better to stand by and then match an accepted bid than to get into a bidding war.

How woyld you accommodate Adnan/Kags.Mata?

I would play him with Vidal/Carrick and Herrera, depending on if we sign him
then i would play Mata in the attacking midfield and rooney and Rvp on top, Adnan to come of the bench and likewise Kagawa to come for Mata.

I would play him with Vidal/Carrick and Herrera, depending on if we sign him
then i would play Mata in the attacking midfield and rooney and Rvp on top, Adnan to come of the bench and likewise Kagawa to come for Mata.

Vidal in holding role?

Monitoring his situation. It's better to stand by and then match an accepted bid than to get into a bidding war.

Its a dangerous game to play if we are really doing that, we have seen soo many times remember Ramsey we had a fee agreed, but Wenger actually called him, while we sent Neville to give him a tour, players respond and love if the buying club is making an effort, and they feel they value him alot, the reason he is leaving Madrid is he feels he's not valued over there and every summer they try to use him in deals to sign other new toys. I believe we aren't in for him, he would be a perfect signing for us and it pains me to see a club like PSG will eventually get him while we take 3 weeks to evaluate and then we are left with Young and Valencia.

Vidal in holding role?

Vidal and Herrera would be perfect as box to box midfielders they can tackle,they pass and move, and both have incredible stamina to cover the ground it would be enough against almost most of the sides Against the likes of Madrid and Bayern we can play Carrick---Vidal----Herrera and play Di-maria as part of the front 3 if we sign him that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.