Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally id go nowhere near him.

Talented winger,hes adapted his game and shown versatility in his new position for Madrid,but by god i hate his antics.

Hes no costa or Suarez in the filth he can pull,but his level of diving and simulation is olympic gold medal worthy.

Dont think i could stomach it.

I have to agree. He's a brilliant player but I've never warmed to him because of his antics, and his ratface.

Personally id go nowhere near him.

Talented winger,hes adapted his game and shown versatility in his new position for Madrid,but by god i hate his antics.

Hes no costa or Suarez in the filth he can pull,but his level of diving and simulation is olympic gold medal worthy.

Dont think i could stomach it.

Really? I have noticed it much to be honest. Yes he does go down easily but there are only a handful of wingers anymore that don't. Going down easily has become the norm.

Really? I have noticed it much to be honest. Yes he does go down easily but there are only a handful of wingers anymore that don't. Going down easily has become the norm.

Well for me anyway mate hes always at it and i know it seems to be a horrible norm thats becoming more and more accepted by some.

Last year though,i was delighted at this forums reponse to our Adnan acting the maggot diving,and i saw a progression towards the end of the year,well,he was trying to not look for as many frees or go down to easy.

Thats the kind of calibre of player i want at the club the same way we moulded Ronaldo,although i do rate him highly as very technically gifted player,Di Maria seems to set in his ways and would only infuriate me if those antics became a staple at OT.

Di Maria used to be terrible for playing at being seriously injured after even the most innocuous foul. He was much worse for that, than he was for diving. However he's cleaned up his act a lot over the past season or two - now I'd just rate him as a typical, "goes down easily - especially if he thinks he deserves something from the ref," sort of player.

Di Maria used to be terrible for playing at being seriously injured after even the most innocuous foul. He was much worse for that, than he was for diving. However he's cleaned up his act a lot over the past season or two - now I'd just rate him as a typical, "goes down easily - especially if he thinks he deserves something from the ref," sort of player.
I agree.. That is how I think of him as well.

Well for me anyway mate hes always at it and i know it seems to be a horrible norm thats becoming more and more accepted by some.

Last year though,i was delighted at this forums reponse to our Adnan acting the maggot diving, and i saw a progression towards the end of the year,well,he was trying to not look for as many frees or go down to easy.

Thats the kind of calibre of player i want at the club the same way we moulded Ronaldo, although i do rate him highly as very technically gifted player,Di Maria seems to set in his ways and would only infuriate me if those antics became a staple at OT.

You probably have seen him play much more than I have so you have felt he dives too much.

The diving can maybe be worked on as there is no doubting his ability. One of the rare guys now who is really exciting going forward yet does not shy away from his defensive duties.

So basically twitter knows feck all... one day one Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime reads a newspaper and decides to make an emphatic statement like "DI MARIA AGREES TO JOIN PSG (LELZ)".

A long line of Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime who want to make a name for themselves decide to have a gamble and copies the message in their own personalized (my sources tell me...) shiny twitter turd.

With that many people repeating shite over and over again, people have begun believing a deal to PSG is announced any minute... only for the total fecking opposite to happen.

I'm shocked that anyone would believe anything they read on Twitter. Ever.

I think the diving thing is perhaps just an environmental thing, its common in Spain so he does it. Its not frowned on as much as in England.

Behavior may well adapt in different circumstances.

Great player, would transform our attacking options

He would be a game changer for us...one of the most snake-like wingers in the world and near unplayable at his best.
If Van Gaal can convince him that its worth his while to play for a team that isnt in Europe (for a year) then the odds will be in our favour.

Di Maria reminds me a lot of Nani in his form days,now i know Nanis a divisive issue around here,but im of the opinion van Gaal may be the one to give him the chance he hasnt got for one reason or another over the last,what 3 years now?

Mighnt be popular but id rather give Nani a year than wax whatever Di Marias fee may be.That and i dont think hed move here.

Id much rather try and poach someone like Reus or Griezman,maybe not now but hopefully Jan or next year when the team s hopefully contending and on the up turn again.

Not a commercial face, but an absolute monster in the field. Was the best player in CL final, by a huge margin. He is irreplaceable at Real, I just hope they don't realize that.

Di Maria reminds me a lot of Nani in his form days,now i know Nanis a divisive issue around here,but im of the opinion van Gaal may be the one to give him the chance he hasnt got for one reason or another over the last,what 3 years now?

Mighnt be popular but id rather give Nani a year than wax whatever Di Marias fee may be.That and i dont think hed move here.

Id much rather try and poach someone like Reus or Griezman,maybe not now but hopefully Jan or next year when the team s hopefully contending and on the up turn again.

The're not remotely similar players as far as I'm concerned. Nani's done, injuries have ruined his career. Keeping him another year would be absolutely ridiculous. £90,000 per week on nothing. Reus would probably do well, but I'd be a bit wary of signing him after he tore one of his ankle ligaments. He may not be the same player when he returns and he could become injury prone. Griezmann isn't as good as di Maria. Considering they'd cost similar amounts, it's a no brainer to go for di Maria.

The're not remotely similar players as far as I'm concerned. Nani's done, injuries have ruined his career. Keeping him another year would be absolutely ridiculous. £90,000 per week on nothing. Reus would probably do well, but I'd be a bit wary of signing him after he tore one of his ankle ligaments. He may not be the same player when he returns and he could become injury prone. Griezmann isn't as good as di Maria. Considering they'd cost similar amounts, it's a no brainer to go for di Maria.

Yeah being a bit harsh on Nanis best 2 years for us there i think,entitled to your opinion though.

As wingers,not Di maria new role in a mid 3,i think they attacked teams very similarly.

Id Still love to see him recapture some of that form and dont think hes crippled by injury as badly as you suggest.
But then again going by my predictions hell have signed for Juve lunchtime tomorrow.

Yeah being a bit harsh on Nanis best 2 years for us there i think,entitled to your opinion though.

As wingers,not Di maria new role in a mid 3,i think they attacked teams very similarly.

Id Still love to see him recapture some of that form and dont think hes crippled by injury as badly as you suggest.
But then again going by my predictions hell have signed for Juve lunchtime tomorrow.

I didn't say Nani never played well for Utd. Between the 2nd half of the 2009/10 season and the start of the 2010/11 season he was excellent, amongst the best wingers in the world. Then he got his first bad injury. Sorry mate, but injuries have ruined his career. He'll never recover from them now. Many tried to say the same for Anderson, but of course he couldn't prevent further injuries. We should try to sell him to anyone who'll buy.

It would certainly take a fee that would be far in excess of our current record, that's for sure.

Seems like the Vidal stuff has kinda taken the attention away from everyone else but Does anyone actually see this one happening? He's definitely a United player. I can picture him playing for us. But I feel no CL will ultimately make his decision to join PSG an easy one. Shame really.

I'm making a completely unsubstantiated call here, but I don't think he's the type of person to appreciate what United can offer him that PSG can't. PSG can offer more money, CL football, guaranteed titles, beautiful place to live, etc.
United have the history, the much better and higher calibre league and I think we stand a better chance of getting the most out of him. I also think he stands a better chance of winning the CL here and more meaningful trophies, but perhaps that's my United bias.

Out of these two options, my money is on him going for PSG. Assuming we are after him at all of course...

Imagine the deals were wrapped up secretly and Van Gaal entered OT with both Di Maria and Vidal tomorrow :drool::drool:

Or Pogba and Vidal.....
Would rather di maria and Vidal to be honest. Vidal is better and in Herrera, we have a potentially excellent player who wants to be here and not just chasing a paycheck like pogba. We wouldn't need pogba at all if we got Vidal.

£45-50m and £150-20th pw and he is ours. Simple as that.
I don't know why we aren't doing just that because the on pitch and commercial knock on effects would justify such an outlay. Maybe Van Gaal doesn't consider a winger/forward attacker a top priority currently....

I don't know why we aren't doing just that because the on pitch and commercial knock on effects would justify such an outlay. Maybe Van Gaal doesn't consider a winger/forward attacker a top priority currently....

You don't know that a deal hasn't been put to the player and/or the club. Just because its not all over the press doesn't mean nothing is happening.

I suspect Van Gaal has numerous priorities and I'm sure that things are going on behind the scenes.

A lot of players from the World Cup will be on holiday and probably considering what deals are on the table and what they want to do. It's not like playing a computer game, things take time. I suspect things will pick up in the next few weeks.

You don't know that a deal hasn't been put to the player and/or the club. Just because its not all over the press doesn't mean nothing is happening.

I suspect Van Gaal has numerous priorities and I'm sure that things are going on behind the scenes.

A lot of players from the World Cup will be on holiday and probably considering what deals are on the table and what they want to do. It's not like playing a computer game, things take time. I suspect things will pick up in the next few weeks.
Yeah things will pick, we don't know what's going on but usually when you offer enough it's just a matter of days, look at the Sanchez, Kroos and Fabregas moves. When a player in the elite bracket ( the one below the freak one with those two) the club should be geared to seal the deal in a matter of days. Looking at the figures we raking in the financial package shouldn't be an issue .

Yeah things will pick, we don't know what's going on but usually when you offer enough it's just a matter of days, look at the Sanchez, Kroos and Fabregas moves. When a player in the elite bracket ( the one below the freak one with those two) the club should be geared to seal the deal in a matter of days. Looking at the figures we raking in the financial package shouldn't be an issue .

Its not always that simple, and I suspect the moves referred to above have been in the offing for a long time with agents putting the feelers out and talking to interested parties for months before hand. Sanchez probably knew he was off months ago, likewise Fabregas and Kroos agent has evidently been talking to clubs for a while - us included. That may not be the case here given that Real Madrid have suddenly decided they want to replace him with the latest flavour of the month post World Cup.

People seem to forget that a player is actually a person with a family, maybe young kids or whatever other baggage. I suspect if you got offered a pay rise but had to move to a completely different country to work then you might need a bit of time to think about it as well.

Fact is there is no rush for these players to make their decisions, they have time to think about what they want to do so the clubs have to be patient to a degree, as the player holds the cards - especially the really top players.

He will when he sees Valencia and Young in training today.

He will when he sees Valencia and Young in training today.
This. :lol: especially with Valencia people are expecting him to get back to his best if Sir Alex couldn't Van Gaal won't. Two years of poor form.

I stand by my words.. the man can weave through the opposition like few others and he has the end product to go along with that....both his shot and cross are superb.

:cool:

He is the best crosser of the ball from all the wingers out there.

Who have PSG got that they'd happily sell and make money from?

Lucas Moura, and maybe Lavezzi but I don't think that'd raise £60m.

Who have PSG got that they'd happily sell and make money from?

Lucas Moura, and maybe Lavezzi but I don't think that'd raise £60m.
They wont and thats the problem. In hindsight i am so glad we didnt pay 30m for Lucas.

Status
Not open for further replies.