Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Van Gaal can be very persuasive think we'll need it if we want the likes of Vidal and Di Maria.

di Maria has turned PSG down according to reports in Spain, Van Gaal effect??

If not us, I think Liverpool have a very good chance of getting him.

Cant see Mendes advising him to choose Pool over United for one year of Champions League football. We could blow whatever wages they could offer out the water.

If Mendes is involved, we have a chance. I just dont believe he is a priority.
Well I would've believed that if you had said it last season but under Van Gaal I have maintained he will go for a winger, his system depends on fast wingers.

Well I would've believed that if you had said it last season but under Van Gaal I have maintained he will go for a winger, his system depends on fast wingers.

You dont know what system he will play though. I would say midfielders are more of a priority to him - and given our lack of strength there, his attention will be firmly on Vidal.

Not saying we wont buy a winger (or Di Maria for that matter), just that i see a midfielder being done first, followed by a centre half.

If Van Gaal speaks to him then i'm confident we will sign him.
I really think so. A good manager can make a huge difference in these type of deals. And Di Maria wants to feel assured that he won't be replaced by the next best thing that's more likely at PSG than United.

You dont know what system he will play though. I would say midfielders are more of a priority to him - and given our lack of strength there, his attention will be firmly on Vidal.

Not saying we wont buy a winger (or Di Maria for that matter), just that i see a midfielder being done first, followed by a centre half.
Van Gaal's preferred system has always been 4-3-3/3-4-3, the only reason he played a 5-3-2 at the World Cup was due to Strootman's injury.

Van Gaal's preferred system has always been 4-3-3/3-4-3, the only reason he played a 5-3-2 at the World Cup was due to Strootman's injury.

He also played 4-4-2 at AZ Alkmaar. I know what he's generally favoured - all im saying is that if there is one thing LVG has proven is that he is tactically flexible so we shouldnt assume anything about how he will set up.

Cant see Mendes advising him to choose Pool over United for one year of Champions League football. We could blow whatever wages they could offer out the water.
I'm not worried about Pool at all, we blow them out of the water financially, and money talks.

More than 1 CL place in 5 seasons.

He also played 4-4-2 at AZ Alkmaar. I know what he's generally favoured - all im saying is that if there is one thing LVG has proven is that he is tactically flexible so we shouldnt assume anything about how he will set up.
He played counter attacking 4-4-2 after realising his team wasn't good enough after 2 defeats on the bounce early in the season hence the tactical change.

He can be ours. We just have to put the money up.

I honestly believe that a Man United that puts up market-rate money in fees and wages will only be beaten to a player, all things equal, by Real & Barca.

Chelski and Bayern, I would say, are roughly equal in their pulling power to us. Chelski because they have Mourinho and are London based. Bayern because they have an epic squad right now.

I honestly believe that a Man United that puts up market-rate money in fees and wages will only be beaten to a player, all things equal, by Real & Barca.

Chelski and Bayern, I would say, are roughly equal in their pulling power to us. Chelski because they have Mourinho and are London based. Bayern because they have an epic squad right now.
True that, I don't see us missing out on too many players when we do that. It's also important to remember that some of our recent and notable misses on the transfer market were down to us not willing to pay up what was required, think Nasri, Moura and Hazard, there were also younger players with considerable sale on value so I'd say we dropped a bomb there.
I don't know why but I want Di Maria more than I want Vidal . Maybe it's partly because I feel that while Vidal is one of the best CMs around we could get what we need from a younger signing like Strootman and Di Maria is a match winner ( I feel we need more of those in addition to Rooney, RvP and Mata ).

That my friends, has been the key to our downfall... we never seem to want to pay the sums that other teams would... possibly because we were always winning and felt that would go over forever without significant investment.
You are right, if we are willing to pay market-rate value for players we can quickly get back to challenging for titles. This summer we seemed to have wised up and the last 3 transfers indicate we are willing to pay the cost to get the top tier players.
If Di Maria costs 40M...fine...we will be getting a champions league winning, world class winger who is at the peak of his powers and who outshone both Ronaldo and Bale in a few games last season.

That my friends, has been the key to our downfall... we never seem to want to pay the sums that other teams would... possibly because we were always winning and felt that would go over forever without significant investment.
You are right, if we are willing to pay market-rate value for players we can quickly get back to challenging for titles. This summer we seemed to have wised up and the last 3 transfers indicate we are willing to pay the cost to get the top tier players.
If Di Maria costs 40M...fine...we will be getting a champions league winning, world class winger who is at the peak of his powers and who outshone both Ronaldo and Bale in a few games last season.

Precisely. Hopefully as our failure to get quality recruits has finally hit our bottom line with CL exclusion, this summer will be different.

So basically twitter knows feck all... one day one Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime reads a newspaper and decides to make an emphatic statement like "DI MARIA AGREES TO JOIN PSG (LELZ)".

A long line of Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime who want to make a name for themselves decide to have a gamble and copies the message in their own personalized (my sources tell me...) shiny twitter turd.

With that many people repeating shite over and over again, people have begun believing a deal to PSG is announced any minute... only for the total fecking opposite to happen.

I refuse to give any credence to a guy called Jon_LeGossip

Sounds like a football wench

Why can PSG spit into FFP's face so badly?

Aren't they restricted?

Why can PSG spit into FFP's face so badly?

Aren't they restricted?

Unless someone buys Cavani or some combination of players then yes, they're supposed to be. It's known that Ancelotti likes Verrati so there might have been some swap deal under discussion (yes, I know - those never happen).

They don't care. They'll get €200m fine and pay that with pocket money of their owner.

As per rules, that can't happen always. If a club is not reducing it's losses progressively, the fine/punishment will increase and will end up with ban from CL. I know Platini link with PSG etc etc, but even clubs like PSG need to get serious with the rules of FFP. The way out for clubs is to increase revenue streams through whatever way they can if they want to keep on spending insanely.

Personally id go nowhere near him.

Talented winger,hes adapted his game and shown versatility in his new position for Madrid,but by god i hate his antics.

Hes no costa or Suarez in the filth he can pull,but his level of diving and simulation is olympic gold medal worthy.

Dont think i could stomach it.

Status
Not open for further replies.