Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain how PSG are still spending money for fun? Weren't they recently fined or something for FFP?

Can someone explain how PSG are still spending money for fun? Weren't they recently fined or something for FFP?

Last I heard they had an excellent lawyer who can bail them out of any trouble.

Platini son

That's 2 we've missed out on now who would've been perfect for us. Very dissapointing.

Surprised he'd want to go to PSG.

Not the most competitive league and they seem to struggle in Europe. Obviously we can't offer Europe this season, but a bigger and more competitive league would be a big plus point in many players' careers. Plus I struggle to see us missing out on European football two years in a row.

Lets use the money available to go for Reus.

History matters little to a lot of players, and to be honest PSG and Juventus are probably closer to winning it then United right now.

Wut ? United made the quarters despite the dirge of Moyes and were only beaten by the reigning champions by a margin of 2 goals. Yet suddenly PSG/ Juventus have a greater chance of winning it before us ? Unless you mean this year when we're out and it become a question of technicality...

Platini will sweep it under the carpet as usual

Please stop with this nonsense. They failed ffp last season and were punished. If they fail again this year then the punishment will be more severe especially in light of their additional restrictions.

If you were expecting an immediate ban for failing the first year then that is your problem, not uefas.

Not the most competitive league and they seem to struggle in Europe. Obviously we can't offer Europe this season, but a bigger and more competitive league would be a big plus point in many players' careers. Plus I struggle to see us missing out on European football two years in a row.

See the lack of Champ's League mentioned in a lot of places. If I was in the position of one of these guys, I'd be thinking, "A less hectic season following a World Cup, but with as good as guarenteed return to the UCL after, that would be perfect!"
Maybe it's just the spin I choose to put on it, with us not being involved, but it doesn't seem to be a complete deal breaker.

See the lack of Champ's League mentioned in a lot of places. If I was in the position of one of these guys, I'd be thinking, "A less hectic season following a World Cup, but with as good as guarenteed return to the UCL after, that would be perfect!"
Maybe it's just the spin I choose to put on it, with us not being involved, but it doesn't seem to be a complete deal breaker.

It's an easy excuse that people would believe, instead of 'they're offering me more money, I want more money'.

I never saw this as a goer tbh, still at a time when we're in the need for a quality wide player to see both Sanchez and Di Maria available and miss out irks a little

Need to go all out for Reus next summer...

Are people basing their judgements on tweets from someone on twitter with a name including the words 'le gossip'?

I can see Marquinhos moving to Barcelona, which is why the FFP won't hit them that hard.

I'm not too upset about Di Maria preferring PSG over us. Van Gaal has a plan, and I don't think Di Maria was a part of it initially. When a player like him becomes available, of course a club of our size go after him. He is a class player - without him, Real wouldn't have won the CL. But now we should move onto other targets.

As RvP indicated last night, a couple of Dutchmen will be on their way to us. I'm expecting Depay and De Vrij.

Without the champions league and being so far off the title we lose our bargaining tools. Besides, if Di Maria wanted to play in the premier league as its stronger, other domestic clubs who can offer champions league football would get involved

Very strange signing for PSG it doesn't exactly improve their team as they will have headaches over who to select. Di Maria is a left sided midfielder/winger but so too is Lavezzi, do you drop one for the other? What is the plan here? Do they think they will win the CL like that?

Over and over again they come across like a bit of a joke, even City do most of the time but this completely eclipses them. 60m for a luxury player they don't need, just like Luiz. Shocking, what Next? Spend 100m on Rooney to play with an over stuffed team to walk the league and lose in the CL because they simply aren't as good as Europe's best.

Without the champions league and being so far off the title we lose our bargaining tools. Besides, if Di Maria wanted to play in the premier league as its stronger, other domestic clubs who can offer champions league football would get involved

None of those clubs need or want a 60 million euro plus big wages winger/attacker though.

I don't think we'd have paid that price either and we are in the most need out of those clubs.

None of those clubs need or want a 60 million euro plus big wages winger/attacker though.

I don't think we'd have paid that price either and we are in the most need out of those clubs.

There's a space for him at any premier league club. Sure, he'd cost a lot but those with the money would spend as needed on Di Maria after his last season for Madrid

There's a space for him at any premier league club. Sure, he'd cost a lot but those with the money would spend as needed on Di Maria after his last season for Madrid

Not really.

Chelsea are stocked in wide areas. Arsenal just signed Sanchez. Man City can't spend that much due to FFP. And I doubt he'd go to Liverpool.

Shows you how journalists have no clue. One day he's joining United, the next PSG. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Why do people bang on about the league. At PS you win titles, play in Europe and get big wages also you get to play with good players and live in a beautiful City. I thin fans need to put themselves in the shoes of the players. Most of their wives and partners would be VERY happy in Paris and Monaco too.

Whoever that is out of Reus or Hummels, we have to snatch something out of Dortmund's grasp. But TBH, I'd take Hummels first before Reus by all means possible. Let's give them an offer they just can't refuse.

Why do people bang on about the league. At PS you win titles, play in Europe and get big wages also you get to play with good players and live in a beautiful City. I thin fans need to put themselves in the shoes of the players. Most of their wives and partners would be VERY happy in Paris and Monaco too.

This. PSG is already a force and they will only become stronger, despite the standard of their domestic league.

How is it as good as guaranteed? If anything, it'll be even more difficult to make the top 4 than it was last year.

As much as I'm confident that we'll be much better than we were last season I think it's entirely possible that we can miss out on a CL spot.

How is it as good as guaranteed? If anything, it'll be even more difficult to make the top 4 than it was last year.

As much as I'm confident that we'll be much better than we were last season I think it's entirely possible that we can miss out on a CL spot.

Agreed, the league is so competitive. Arsenal have a better squad than us and are still iproving. I'm happy with a top 4 finish. Spurs have a good manager too.

I am pretty sure Di Maria is preferring PSG for many other reasons than just the footballing side of it.

Obviously I'm more optimistic than you. Last season was for me, a management lead disaster.
We have added one massive improvement in midfield, and very likely another to follow, to the team that waltzed the previous title. (minus Rio and Vidic ofc)
Probably the hottest property in the dugout, at a club that demands a top-two finish as standard.
No European football, allowing us to focus on the Prem, with no 3-game weeks and long flights involved.

Yes it will be competitive, but I fully expect us to reach top 4.

Not really.

Chelsea are stocked in wide areas. Arsenal just signed Sanchez. Man City can't spend that much due to FFP. And I doubt he'd go to Liverpool.

He's significantly better than Willian, wont fade like Oscar and will help with resting him, better than Walcott, can play in Arsenal's midfield 3 as well, City can sell players and theres a high chance he'd prefer to go to Liverpool for CL football if the wages presented were equal

Has his proposed salary now gone from a possible 6m a year to 8m a year? PSG really are a bunch of cuntfecks. I really hope the folks in charge of FFP properly ring these assholes out to dry. 50m alone for David Lolz is just batshit crazy and now a reported 60m for Di Maria?

Let him choose the easy life, the huge money and the extra couple of midweek games this season. I want players at this club who want to play for this club, not because they have the chance to earn millions and play in the champions league.

With signings like Di Maria theres no reason PSG can't compete for the champions league in the coming seasons

Not gutted about this at all, I think the club if we were indeed in for him, tried the best they could. Don't think this can be likened to any transfer sagas of the past, where we could be accused on penny-pinching. I lose respect for any footballer who picks the French League over United, no offence.

Let him choose the easy life, the huge money and the extra couple of midweek games this season. I want players at this club who want to play for this club, not because they have the chance to earn millions and play in the champions league.
Yes, how bloody well dare he choose more money, European football and a far nicer City to live in. What an asshole.

A bit disappointed but I feel if Fergie was our manager we wouldn't be considering this signing and be giving Januzaj a proper chance next season.

Yes, how bloody well dare he choose more money, European football and a far nicer City to live in. What an asshole.

Slight over the top reaction. If a decision on a football basis were to be made then there is nothing to either consider between the two clubs. It just so happens PSG unlimited funds, the prize of champions league football this current season and the luxury of being based in a beautiful City. On the other hand though signing for a club like PSG for me is a sign of a players ambition and motives.

Status
Not open for further replies.