Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The days of the typical winger who hugs the line are over. I am not saying we dont need pace. However our main issue is the DM role. We cant rely on A 33 yr old, a defender, a player with a chronic illness and a long ball merchant to cover that position up

The days of not needing pace in our attacking players has never existed and never will. We are not going to fix all our woes in one window as Gary Neville also suggested this week. We need 7-8 players. If we get 4 top quality players in we have done brilliantly. We have 2. A CD and a DM agreed have to come next up. You have to be careful tho if your going big for Vidal. The boys in his prime years. Wasting even one of them because your pot wasnt big enough to bring in a much needed winger is a fecking waste of a prime year!

I'd like to think di Maria has more ambition than that... I still think we are in pole position to sign him.

Not being in the CL you could argue it either way. We obviously know we'll be straight back in but....

Januzaj might not have blistering pace but he's quick, Ribery type quick

Is that a joke. Ribery would make Adnan look like he's standing still.....and he's 31!! I'm a massive Adnan fan but quick or pacy he isnt.

History matters little to a lot of players, and to be honest PSG and Juventus are probably closer to winning it then United right now.
Well they're in it and we aren't, so that's obvious. But Juventus have little chance of winning it anytime soon, and if we get back in it next season we'll be classed as stronger favourites than either of them.

I think cuadrado and di Maria are the best 2 winger options available at the moment.
I do agree with you, di Maria would be a game changer for us.

I haven't really seen enough of Cuadrado to really say but with Di Maria we'd have a proven top player who has performed for Real Madrid, so we wouldn't have to worry about him being one of those players that can't handle the big club spotlight.

Lavezzi is waisting his time in PSG. Flopped there and won't work out. He's a Dirik Kuyt type of player, just a little bit more ability. Di Maria is probably the most snake like winger in the world. Don't understand why Real wants to sell him. He's unique.

we bought one box to box already, more attacking herrera, di maria is even worse defensively definitely so im not sure if it worked out for us but certainly we wouldnt suffer from legs in midfield, maybe we could press much more.. anyway di maria is real quality of Manutd standart even Id like to see Lingard getting his chance hes similar player - can see him be converted winger as well

We need a CM and a CB way before a winger. For the 4 attacking positions we have RVP, Rooney, Mata, Januzaj, Kagawa, Welbeck, Hernandez, Nani and Zaha.
Yes a new attacking winger would be nice but it is far from essential.

How many of those play on the right? It's Valencia and that's it. All the others will drift inside as was proven last season and that as I already pointed out puts immense pressure on our RB. We're overloaded with players that can play on the left or AM but very few who's natural role is RW. This is why it's essential and more important than CB and on par with a CM. This game is all about balance, if the balance of the team is off, a good opposition manager will take advantage and find the weakness'. RW is a clear in balance in our current squad.

we bought one box to box already, more attacking herrera, di maria is even worse defensively definitely so im not sure if it worked out for us but certainly we wouldnt suffer from legs in midfield, maybe we could press much more.. anyway di maria is real quality of Manutd standart even Id like to see Lingard getting his chance hes similar player - can see him be converted winger as well
Di Maria isn't a box to box midfielder, he's a winger who has played a bit centrally as an attacking midfielder.

Last season he played pretty much entirely on the left wing for both Birmingham and Brighton. I agree he needs to be given a chance, but that doesn't help solve the right wing problem.

Lavezzi is waisting his time in PSG. Flopped there and won't work out. He's a Dirik Kuyt type of player, just a little bit more ability. Di Maria is probably the most snake like winger in the world. Don't understand why Real wants to sell him. He's unique.

What? Lavezzi has played in 6 matches more than Ibrahimovic this year and more Champions League matches than him as well. He is their third highest goal scorer and has 32 starts from the left wing being their first choice there.

What? Lavezzi has played in 6 matches more than Ibrahimovic this year and more Champions League matches than him as well. He is their third highest goal scorer and has 32 starts from the left wing being their first choice there.

Is that so? I've been watching PSG at times and never saw him play. Is it likely I missed every single game he played? Also strange that he's their 3rd best goal scorer knowing that's his weaker side. Either way, I think we should have gone for him the year before PSG signed him. The kind of player he is need to be young and able to work his ass off for 90min. Not sure he will be able to keep that up for 3 more years.

Ribery in his teenage years wasn't as quick as he was in his 20's
I can't say I saw much of Ribery at Boulogne but I'll take your word for it. Ribery's certainly very quick now, Adnan doesn't quite have the same pace but to say he's one paced is nonsense.

You're both wrong, Adnan isn't as fast as Ribery but he's pretty quick and certainly quick enough to play on the wing.

Well we got bitch slapped by Liverpool's pace and what I'm saying is RVP Adnan and Mata for me are abit too "same paced". I'd rather one player who can get in behind and push the team up, carry that threat, which Welbeck had to provide last season. thats the crux of where Im coming from ok if its not the concensus but please no liverpool related response. It was one example. not q for aload of garbage...

Is that so? I've been watching PSG at times and never saw him play. Is it likely I missed every single game he played? Also strange that he's their 3rd best goal scorer knowing that's his weaker side. Either way, I think we should have gone for him the year before PSG signed him. The kind of player he is need to be young and able to work his ass off for 90min. Not sure he will be able to keep that up for 3 more years.

You must have been unlucky with the matches to miss him so much. :lol: I agree about the rest though except that he is a Dirk Kuyt but slightly better, the man has way better dribbling than Kuyt ever had and he is much more efficient. He is also more inconsistent than Kuyt, on a bad day he will actually play much like Kuyt but on a good day he can be as brilliant as he was against Holland where he was maybe the best offensive player for Argentina.

I think that Blanc's tactic is also a bit over reliant on the central midfielders linking up with Zlatan who then finds the wingers making runs towards goal. The wingers could have a bigger more free role in his set up than they do, Lavezzi could handle that but they need to adjust for Cavani I guess who isn't a dribbler/crosser.

Well we got bitch slapped by Liverpool's pace and what I'm saying is RVP Adnan and Mata for me are abit too "same paced". I'd rather one player who can get in behind and push the team up, carry that threat, which Welbeck had to provide last season. thats the crux of where Im coming from ok if its not the concensus but please no liverpool related response. It was one example. not q for aload of garbage...
I agree that our attack lacks pace but I'd say he's the quickest out of him, Mata, Rooney and Van Persie. I'd really like to us get a more pacey direct wide player in and then with Adnan on the other side we'd have a lot of mobility out wide. I also think that more energy in midfield that hopefully Herrera will bring and not having Rio and Vidic at the back will help in that regard.

If Di Maria goes to PSG then we must make a play for Lucas.

I think it was reported that Lucas is not satisfied with his game time at PSG and I do think that he is regretting not coming to us.

I agree that our attack lacks pace but I'd say he's the quickest out of him, Mata, Rooney and Van Persie. I'd really like to us get a more pacey direct wide player in and then with Adnan on the other side we'd have a lot of mobility out wide. I also think that more energy in midfield that hopefully Herrera will bring and not having Rio and Vidic at the back will help in that regard.

I actually see Adnan moving inside under van Gaal ala Bergkamp but I guess we will see what happens. I think we need an injection of pace. If not on the left, then perhaps the right. Im saying this whilst remembering Adnan played pre season last year on the right so perhaps still room for Di maria....

If Di Maria goes to PSG then we must make a play for Lucas.

I think it was reported that Lucas is not satisfied with his game time at PSG and I do think that he is regretting not coming to us.

Moura is the one we should go for instead of getting Di Maria in my eyes. 21 years old, great dribbler and already proven himself in the Champions League and he came third in the assist league without being a regular starter. Would be rather cheap in comparison to what Di Maria would as well as he isn't too satisfied there.

I think Moura is an outstanding dribbler and he would be the first player Utd buy that has me a bit worried.

Moura is the one we should go for instead of getting Di Maria in my eyes. 21 years old, great dribbler and already proven himself in the Champions League and he came third in the assist league without being a regular starter. Would be rather cheap in comparison to what Di Maria would as well as he isn't too satisfied there.

I'd much rather we get a player who shone at real over one that hasnt as PSG...

I don't really watch a lot of La Liga (other than Madrid vs Barcelona games), but am i right in Di Maria played central midfield for Madrid mostly last season?

If that's the case, am i right in thinking if we sign him, central midfield is what we would mainly be buying him for and probably not target Vidal because of that?

I don't really watch a lot of La Liga (other than Madrid vs Barcelona games), but am i right in Di Maria played central midfield for Madrid mostly last season?

If that's the case, am i right in thinking if we sign him, central midfield is what we would mainly be buying him for and probably not target Vidal because of that?

You are right but i doubt its either or with players so different.

The only reason I can think of is that James is better looking (ie more marketable) then Di Maria.

Status
Not open for further replies.